Jump to content
idolforums.com
Solaris

Survivor Rankdown 2.0 (Cycle 9 posted, page 166)

Recommended Posts

Ugh, I don’t like Russell but this is far too early for him.

 

He made some iconic television. Samoa and HvV wouldn’t have been half as good without him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with Zoey.  I don't like Russell, but eliminating every great player because they are unlikable in round 1 is suspect.  #biashost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Russell is trash! And none of my noms are "great players" at all. Maybe big names, but trash big names and trash players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Alex95 said:

Russell is trash! And none of my noms are "great players" at all. Maybe big names, but trash big names and trash players.

 

 

I mean, im not playing so I can't stop anyone :P.  I am just making side commentary!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Zoey said:

Ugh, I don’t like Russell but this is far too early for him.

 

He made some iconic television. Samoa and HvV wouldn’t have been half as good without him.

Samoa was one of the worst seasons because of him. And HvV didn't need him to be great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alex95 said:

Russell is trash! And none of my noms are "great players" at all. Maybe big names, but trash big names and trash players.


Russell was a great player in that he had people eating up whatever he said. 
 

He managed to turn people against their own alliances, play idols correctly and stay out of the line or fire for however long.

 

His social game was bad. Had he made more of an effort and not screwed as many people over then he’d have walked away with the million, twice.

 

and I don’t even like him. I detested him whilst both seasons were airing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, QueenKalie said:

Samoa was one of the worst seasons because of him. And HvV didn't need him to be great.


Parvati, Sandra and Jerri wouldn’t have got as far as they did without him taking all the fire.

 

None of them would be as iconic as they are to this day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zoey said:


Russell was a great player in that he had people eating up whatever he said. 
 

He managed to turn people against their own alliances, play idols correctly and stay out of the line or fire for however long.

 

His social game was bad. Had he made more of an effort and not screwed as many people over then he’d have walked away with the million, twice.

 

and I don’t even like him. I detested him whilst both seasons were airing. 

Survivor is a social game first. You can do a million things right but if you don't have the ability to get the jury to vote for you I can't consider you a great player. Russell could play 100 times and will lose 100 times, even if he makes it to day 39 most of those times. That, to me, is a bad player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jerri Manthey  was always iconic though.  She was 1 immunity away from the million.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Russell’s bitterness and cruelness to Queen Natalie after her win will never be forgotten. 😘

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Zoey said:


Parvati, Sandra and Jerri wouldn’t have got as far as they did without him taking all the fire.

 

None of them would be as iconic as they are to this day.

A lot of villains make great heroes. You could say Shirin wouldn't as iconic without Dan Foley, but you still nominated him. I'm personally not nominating based on their impact on the show, I'm nominating who I think is the biggest trash, and I think that's Russell. I also think he did more harm than good for the show as he is a main proponent in pushing the #bigmovez era of Survivor which I hate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Russell Hantz

62. The Russell Impression

 

How does one begin to talk about Russell Hantz? I have an odd appreciation for him due to him allowing legends such as Natalie and Sandra to shine. As a competitor and possibly a person, however, Russell is rather deplorable. Russell managed to reach the Final Tribal Council of both Survivor Samoa and Survivor Heroes vs. Villains. He flopped hard upon reaching that point both seasons, as Queen Natalie White managed to charm the jury into voting for her despite her being Russell’s goat. The following season he made the mistake of taking Sandra to the end, who ended up winning whilst also being Russell’s goat. What a flop! His subsequent returns to Redemption Island and Champions vs. Contenders (Australian Survivor) saw Russell not fair so well now that his competitors had a chance to see his gameplay, being voted out of his tribe the first opportunity both seasons. It baffles me to no end that there are people out there who think that Russell actually deserved the win either season that he did reach the end. When you burn your bridges with everyone, promising them a final 3 deal right before voting them out, you’re bound to make enemies. He relentlessly bullied Danielle in HvV, to the point of making her cry right before voting her out in front of the jury and yet he seems to be very shocked that his “gameplay” wasn’t respected. He proved to be very arrogant about his losses as well, antagonizing both Natalie and Sandra even after the votes were revealed. I’m glad that we’ll likely never see Russell on Survivor again, but like it or not, he left a legacy that still influences the game today. If any of you all have read the funny 115's posts on Russell, they cover my thoughts much more coherently :P

Saving Diane Ogden for some reason?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t find Shirin iconic in the slightest. 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Alex95 said:

A lot of villains make great heroes. You could say Shirin wouldn't as iconic without Dan Foley, but you still nominated him. I'm personally not nominating based on their impact on the show, I'm nominating who I think is the biggest trash, and I think that's Russell. I also think he did more harm than good for the show as he is a main proponent in pushing the #bigmovez era of Survivor which I hate.

I definitely agree with this sentiment. Russell is the first to really make that push for the #bigmovez and I just can't forgive him for that (among other things) :haha: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Zoey said:

I don’t find Shirin iconic in the slightest. 🤣

 

i find her annoying.  She was semi-likable in her original season and was awful post season, and everything since.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Zoey said:

I don’t find Shirin iconic in the slightest. 🤣

She was still a fan favorite who dominated a vote to return. And that likely only happens because of Dan and Will because otherwise I'd reckon that casuals would hate her. But I'm not gonna like Dan or Will for propelling Shirin into fan favorite status. Just like I'm not gonna like Russell for giving Natalie White a win she likely would not have gotten under any other circumstances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Solaris said:

 

i find her annoying.  She was semi-likable in her original season and was awful post season, and everything since.  


She was just there. 🤷‍♀️
 

She was featured because of the way Will treat her. Otherwise she’d have been forgotten about during the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if we are talking about real stars upon their return (unlike Shirin).  Abi Maria is an icon ❤️

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The more I think about Worlds Apart the more I hate it🤢

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

She was still a fan favorite who dominated a vote to return. And that likely only happens because of Dan and Will because otherwise I'd reckon that casuals would hate her. But I'm not gonna like Dan or Will for propelling Shirin into fan favorite status. Just like I'm not gonna like Russell for giving Natalie White a win she likely would not have gotten under any other circumstances.


She was lucky she was on the season before as I doubt she’d have been chosen otherwise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, #jeah said:

The more I think about Worlds Apart the more I hate it🤢

Some blue collar dude immunity whored his way to a win and I was somehow content with that so I hate Worlds Apart. And now Ben and Chris Underwood have happened so I am now even more okay with Mike's win somehow WHAT IS LIFE?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Russell should’ve outlasted Brandon in this at the very least tbh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...