idolforums.com
Solaris

Survivor Rankdown 2.0 (Cycle 9 posted, page 166)

Mike Borassi

54651bdce99717b608ac44deffbc6a1a.png

I just went for the easy cut after doing a longer one because I've had A Day and I'm tired. Mike was originally cast on Tocantins, but was deemed unfit to compete by medical so I guess they thought it was a good idea to throw him on Samoa. He cozied up to Russell really quickly so I'm sure he would've been a Russell minion had he lasted a decent amount of time. In the first episode he was shocked that Jaison could swim because he "didn't think Afro-Americans could swim" or something along those lines which uhhhhhhhhh. In the second episode he somehow convinced the tribe that he was stronger than Ashley which is lol. But then he got medevaced because, as the doctors from Tocantins could tell you, he was not fit enough to compete. I'm very glad to take advantage of this very easy early cut.

Save Wendy Jo

The best part of being a part time ranker is being able to shade when I feel like it without being responsible for any cuts or saves of my own :wub: 

Save Jennifer

Cut Papa Bear

Lol people keep taking my saves/cuts

2 minutes ago, Elliott said:

The best part of being a part time ranker is being able to shade when I feel like it without being responsible for any cuts or saves of my own :wub: 

:haha:. Let's hope next cycle moves this fast when you're playing.

Posted (edited)

Ben Browning (Samoa)

7571627C-FA76-4A5F-AF9B-2E543627D6E5.jpeg.fae8db12ceb0996a51ed5bb09c882d18.jpeg

Ben is a racist which is unsurprisingly since he grew up in Missouri but also he lived in LA so like... wtf bro? Anyway, he lasted all of three weeks in Samoa after attacking Yasmin and Russell Swan during a challenge and then saying some extremely racist things to Yasmin that I won’t repeat. Needless to say, his tribemates quickly got sick of him, especially Jaison, and they kicked his ass to the curb after a very tense tribal council. It says a lot that he was aligned with Russell Hantz and still, somehow, managed to be even more noxious than him. Good ride for bad rubbish and hopefully this is enough words for this cut to stick.

Save: Matt

Edited by sublymonal

PAPA BEAR CARUSO (Season 23)

tumblr_nqhycp660G1t8bqrio2_500.gifv

I don't really remember him like at all, I just remember him telling people to call him Papa Bear and then that was what he was called for the rest of his very short stay on the season. He was on Ozzy's tribe and survived the first vote when Semhar (who was saved this same round, poetry icon) was ousted for performing terribly in the challenge. Papa Bear and his tribe were immune the second tribal. During the third tribal, PB did not survive. He knew he was on the outs and frantically looked for the idol but could not find it. Then he made a fake idol which did him no good, as fake idols do 99.9% of the time. Papa Bear was voted out almost unanimously and then lost the Redemption Island duel to Christine right after. Out he goes from this rankdown!

Saving: Jennifer who had an extremely entertaining vote-off episode

Save david

cut rachel

Yan8Nq.gif
John Rocker

The only thing redeeming about him was his girlfriend. Why did Julie ever choose him? Let’s have a look at some of the reasons to cut him.

''I'm not a very big fan of foreigners,'' ''How the hell did they get in this country?'' - John Rocker

Homophobic comments - John Rocker

''Imagine having to take the 7 train to the ballpark, looking like you're riding through Beirut next to some kid with purple hair next to some queer with AIDS right next to some dude who just got out of jail for the fourth time right next to some 20-year-old mom with four kids. It's depressing.'' - John Rocker

''a fat monkey.'' (Referring to a black teammate) - John Rocker 

“If you were a man then I’d knock your teeth out” (directed at Natalie, winner of San Juan del Sur) - John Rocker

I think it’s safe to say that when various cast members found out they weren’t happy. Natalie requested that the opposing tribe get together and vote him out, which angered him and he went on to threaten her. One of the finest moments was that, that episode he was voted out with a hidden immunity idol in his pocket. One of Natalie’s epic moments. We can get rid of him now and say good riddance. 

Saving Semhar

Shannon Elkins

surv21_cast_shannon.jpg.d80cb6c12714509664553d2001d7e496.jpg

Shannon Elkins participated on Survivor Nicaragua, which is a season that I'd consider to be somewhat underrated by some. He was a part of the "young people" tribe and ultimately was the second person voted out of the game. It's been a hot second since I've seen Nicaragua so I'm looking at the wiki for a refresher, and I'm not really all that heartbroken about him being cut. He didn't want to see another woman win the game (he tried aligning with Chase and that was his reasoning apparently), which is especially eh considering the past 10 or so seasons of this show. Then, at the tribal council he was voted out at, he made some iffy comments about Sash's sexuality which all around makes Shannon nagl. 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, hayden98 said:

Shannon Elkins

Shannon Elkins participated on Survivor Nicaragua, which is a season that I'd consider to be somewhat underrated by some. He was a part of the "young people" tribe and ultimately was the second person voted out of the game. It's been a hot second since I've seen Nicaragua so I'm looking at the wiki for a refresher, and I'm not really all that heartbroken about him being cut. He didn't want to see another woman win the game (he tried aligning with Chase and that was his reasoning apparently), which is especially eh considering the past 10 or so seasons of this show. Then, at the tribal council he was voted out at, he made some iffy comments about Sash's sexuality which all around makes Shannon nagl. 

I keep on forgetting to put my save in the post, but I'm saving Allie because I'm pretty sure she was the Caramoan girl that posted the facebook rant about how awful that season's reunion show was.

Edited by hayden98

Once you post your write up hayden, you can edit your write up.  You just cant edit your cut/save post when you are making your initial decision, the write up is different!

Wow are we actually maybe gonna get to my round today :haha: 

Just now, #jeah said:

Don't flop with your noms 😂

1 minute ago, #jeah said:

its possible.  Amanda has to cut still, and all of Zoeys noms (if shes already started thinking about her 14).  I will be out this evening.  Yall don't need me to move to the next round (as you know whoever is saved in this cycle can't be nominated for the rest of the cycle).  I wont be able to update in a couple hours, so you will just have to keep track while im away!  

26 minutes ago, sublymonal said:

Ben is a racist which is unsurprisingly since he grew up in Missouri

giphy.gif

Rachel Foulger

latest?cb=20130821172023

Honestly I didn't care about anyone so I just eliminated her for being Tyson's girlfriend. I find Tyson kind of annoying, especially in Heroes versus Villains and he made such an epic bonehead move, but I found it hilarious and amazing based on who I was rooting for, so I was happy that he severely miscalculated and sent himself home. But I guess we're not here to talk about Tyson, so Rachel...other than being his girlfriend I LITERALLY DON'T REMEMBER ANYTHING ABOUT HER. So that alone is enough to warrant being eliminated. Sorry gurlfran, you look like a nice person and all, and I'm happy you and Tyson got married and he proposed to you in the finale, but I literally don't care as none of that really relates to this rankdown. Good luck with life and I hope you are still married and happy and Tyson has not driven you nuts with his crazy eyes and ridiculous hair. Bye!

Save: whichever guy I saved, David Samson or something like that

2 minutes ago, #jeah said:

giphy.gif

Missouri is definitely one of the more racist states for sure. I went to college like a half hour from the Missouri border its bad there. It's just not talked about a lot because it's a pretty irrelevant state. And because Alabama and Mississippi exist.

6 minutes ago, #jeah said:

giphy.gif

Yeah Missouri is definitely considered by the north (or at least in my northeast born and raised mind) to be more south than midwest, it's on the same line as like Oklahoma, Kentucky, West Virginia, Kansas and below (all states that we view as "below the Mason Dixon" and scary for minorities even though Missouri was actually technically above the MD) The "nice aka non-problematic" midwest states (in mindset) are like Ohio, Indiana, and Illinois (closer to northeast) even though obviously racism is everywhere, but just more so in certain places. I'm not saying this is all true, this is just the perception.

Are there any more homophobic, racist, puppy shooting cast members?

Remaining Noms for @*Amanda

Krista Klumpp
Zane Knight

Once she is done.  @Zoey is free to nominate.  Those that are immune are in the first post on page 1, + whoever Amanda saves.

This is moving so quickly! :haha: I’m going to have to catch up on everyone eliminated tonight.