Survivor Rankdown 2.0 (Winner Reveal Page 225)

Solaris

Remaining Nominee's:

Joel Klug (Borneo)

BB Anderson (Borneo)

Mitchell Olson (The Australian Outback)

Robert DeCanio (Marquesas)

Gina Crews (Marquesas)

Gabriel Cade (Marquesas)

Shawn Cohen (Pearl Islands)

Nate Gonzalez (Cook Islands)

Rita Verreos (Fiji)

Joel Anderson (Micronesia)

Mikey Bortone (Micronesia)

Grant Mattos (Redemption Island)

Elyse Umemoto (South Pacific)

David Samson (Cagayan)

Bi Nguyen (David vs. Goliath)

Keith Sowell (Edge of Extinction)

@JC @*Amanda @Elliott @Steven_

DAVID SAMSON

bnrTxnE.gif

David Samson is the former President of the Miami Marlins, and he competed on Survivor: Cagayan. He made a bold move at the very beginning of the game by publicly choosing Garrett as the weakest member on the tribe. Garrett clearly wasn't the weakest; David was just trying to play too hard too fast. David thought he was eliminating Garrett there on the spot, but the twist was Garrett would just be sent to camp before the rest of his tribe. Garrett made sure to rally the votes against David after Luzon lost the first immunity challenge. David wanted to try to target J'Tia, but David's fate was pretty much sealed. He ended up becoming the first person voted out of Survivor: Cagayan. However, he apparently sold the Miami Marlins for $1.3 Billion, so I'm sure he doesn't care at all about his short stint on Survivor or his placement in this rankdown. Sorry to David, but out he goes from the rankdown.

And I'm saving Keith.

keithlaugh-1.gif

NATE GONZALEZ

70_12.gif

Nate Gonzalez competed on Survivor: Cook Islands. After being on the outs early on, he managed to recover after a tribe swap. He aligned with the other younger men, but he quickly lost his close ally JP when the women teamed up to blindside him. Nate didn't seem to be on the chopping block in the following tribal councils though, and he even spearheaded a move against Stephannie. Stephannie made some harmless comment about wanting some mashed potatoes and gravy, and Nate thought this was enough to justify sending her home. Stephannie didn't even want to quit the game anymore, but Nate spun it that way to sway others in voting her out. That wasn't cool. Anyway, Nate managed to stay in the game long enough to make it to the merge. However, he was voted out after Penner flipped to join Yul's alliance. As a result, Nate became the fourth member of the jury. Nate ended up voting for Ozzy to win the game, but Yul won in a close 5-4 vote. Anyway, sorry for the lack of detail in this write-up. I remember not liking Nate very much since he came across as that annoying frat bro archetype, so that's why I chose to cut him. I don't remember much about his individual game though. Anyway, sorry to Nate, but out he goes from the rankdown.

And I'll save Elyse.

tumblr_lrkpus9y2j1qz85zio9_250.gifv

Edited by Steven_

Joel Anderson

qJ3rj.gif

Joel appeared as a castaway on Micronesia, the first Fans vs. Favorites season, and was placed on the Fans tribe. Joel is someone who is highly unlikable, due to his ultra-competitiveness and his treatment of Chet during the game. His most infamous moment was definitely during the reward challenge where they had to chase people from the opposite team and try to catch them. Joel was paired with Chet and proceeded to drag Chet behind him like a rag doll, because he wanted to win the reward with no regards to Chet's well-being. This resulted in Chet hitting his head and the exchange of "I hit my head back there." "I don't care". He did orchestrate the blindsides of Mary and Mikey in back-to-back tribals pre-swap. After the swap, Cirie jumped on the opportunity to take Joel out because he was a threat and #bless her for doing that because I just didn't like Joel at all. Watching Chet outlast Joel was nice, especially after the way he treated Chet. Joel is just someone I can't stand so he's an easy cut for me.

SAVING: Bi Nguyen

Joel Klug

ZqAzh.gif

Me taking out both Joel's with my cuts this round. :dead: Unlike Joel Anderson, I don't really remember much about Joel Klug. His Survivor wiki page does not have a summary of his time on the show either, so this write-up is gonna be a struggle so let's see how this goes. Joel was on Survivor: Borneo, the first season of the show. He was placed on the Pagong tribe, lasted 18 days, and was finished 11th overall. Apparently his luxury item was a bottle of shampoo. He also starred with fellow castaway Dirk Been in the movie Gone. There's some fun facts for you. I think that makes this 100 words, so I will end this here.

SAVING: Gina Crews

Remaining Nominee's:

BB Anderson (Borneo)

Mitchell Olson (The Australian Outback)

Robert DeCanio (Marquesas)

Gabriel Cade (Marquesas)

Shawn Cohen (Pearl Islands)

Rita Verreos (Fiji)

Mikey Bortone (Micronesia)

Grant Mattos (Redemption Island)

Less then 2 hours left for @Elliott and @JC .   If neither complete in that window Hayden can make the cuts.

RITA VERREOS

latest?cb=20120616045748

Rita is from Survivor Fiji and I remember her looks wise, but I really do not remember anything she did. Anything I do remember is that she may have been embarrassing or a joke to the tribe. She was voted out for being the most expendable so not exactly a great look. Anyways, I really have nothing to say about her except that there is no reason to save her as she would be the definition of fodder on any season. She actually finished 14 out of 19 which is surprising to me because I thought she was one of the first couple boots for some reason. Anyways, I guess she was more effective than I thought but never a major player just like she is no major player in this rankdown. Adios Rita!

Save Shawn

BB ANDERSEN

latest?cb=20120530043250

Honestly I don't really care about saving or cutting the rest, but BB is the one that I can write something about since he was on the debut season of Survivor. He was the second voted out though so not exactly the master strategist. BB had an abrasive personality so he quickly clashed with other tribe members like a dad with young kids who did not want to listen to him. He was part of the tribe Pagong, which I believe is the origin of the term "pagonging" so that is pretty cool. Anyways, we should respect him since he is an original old schooler and was on the very first season, but will unfortunately be voted out early in this rankdown once again.

Save Gabriel

MIKEY BORTONE

Mikey Bortone is a recruited mactor who participated in Micronesia, and he was on the fans tribe since he wasn't a returnee. He formed an early alliance that ostracized Kathy, Chet and Tracy, but began to overplay the game after Kathy was sent to Exile Island and had immunity for the first tribal council already. This annoyed several castaways, and Joel organized a blindside of Mary (who's she?) for their first tribal. At their second tribal, the majority of the tribe then took Mikey out, except for Mikey (obviously), Alexis and Jason who voted for Chet instead.

MITCHELL OLSON

Mitchell Olson is the tallest contestant to ever play Survivor, but that's about all there is to say about him. A contestant from The Australian Outback, he was on the same starting tribe as eventual final three Tina Wesson, Colby Donaldson and Keith Famie. He formed an alliance with Colby, Jerri, Amber and probably someone else, but Tina successfully managed to convince some of his alliance members to turn on him. Famously, he saw the votes for him in the urn when he went to vote, and he's the reason that the votes are removed from the urn in between every vote at tribal council now. Honestly, that makes him more of a ~game changer~ than like 90% of that season's cast, but I digress.

Immune for Steven's Round:

Ben Driebergen

Michael Yerger

Brendan Shapiro

Chris Underwood

Vytas Baskauskas

GC Brown

Sarah Jones

Alex Angarita

The Wardog DaSilva

Rodney Lavoie, Jr.

Gina Crews

Osten Taylor

Elyse Umemoto

Bi Nguyen

Keith Sowell

Robert DeCanio

Gabriel Cade

Shawn Cohen

Grant Mattos

@Steven_ can now nominate.  

1 hour ago, Solaris said:

@Steven_ can now nominate.  

NOMINATIONS

Vince Moua
Jason Linden
Jeremy Crawford
Domenick Abbate
Stephanie Gonzalez
Rachel Ako
Bret LaBelle
Chris Hammons 
Jennifer Lanzetti
Neil Gottlieb
Lindsey Cascaddan
Shamar Thomas
Zane Knight
Wendy DeSmidt-Kohlhoff
Dan Lembo
Yasmin Giles
Spencer Duhm
Gillian Larson
Chet Welsh
Leslie Nease
Billy Garcia
Melinda Hyder 
Blake Towsley
Brady Finta
Michelle Tesauro
Ryan Aiken
Daniel Lue
Tom Buchanan

TOM BUCHANAN

latest?cb=20120611065018

Big Tom, as he was affectionally called in Africa and All Stars, is a two-time Survivor contestant that is beloved by the Survivor fanbase. Somehow. In Africa, he had an irrational hatred for Clarence Black that he tried to play off was because of Clarence's attitude, but even in 2001 was very obviously because of racism. Then there were all those scenes of him helping the younger women bathe and joking about "sneaking a peek." 🤮 He had a tight alliance with Ethan, the elder Kim and Lexhole that enabled him making it to the final four, where he was voted out. He returned in All Stars and, like pretty much everyone else that season, was pompous, annoying and completely ruined his reputation. Him singing "Ding dong the witch is dead?" after Sue quit because of the circumstances surrounding her and Richard Hatch? NAGL.

SAVE: Bret LaBelle

Ryan Aiken

RyanAmazon.png

He is a cutie! But he's also an irrelevant first boot so I'm gonna cut him. Elliott stole my #bigmovez cut so maybe I'm doing two fodder cuts idk. Ryan and Daniel bombed the first challenge so they were in the hot seat, despite the fact that they're both young and fit. They went on a righteous campaign against Roger that I wish worked out (but then we would've been robbed of the epic Roger merge boot so maybe it's for the best that it didn't work out. Rob Cesternino was the swing vote and decided to stick with Roger and helped kick Ryan out first. I think Ryan was part of the sexist groupthink that the guys were gonna easily crush the girls in all the challenges so I'm fine booting him.

Save Lindsey Cascaddan