Survivor Rankdown 2.0 (Winner Reveal Page 225)

Solaris

David Wright

4cf47df98f23e3aa_davidbefore.jpg

While I do like David, I stan J'Tia and prefer Debbie & Morgan so I'm gonna swoop in to cut him. Nothing personal, but I'm not letting J'Tia go yet. David has played on two seasons of Survivor, Millennials vs. Gen X and Edge of Extinction. We met him on MvGX and I really liked him that season for the most part. I think he was a nice guy and loved how he went to bat for his allies. While I found the Gen X tribe to be largely unlikable, I found myself very easily rooting for the alliance of David, Ken, and Jessica. David fought hard for Ken throughout the game and made the extremely ballsy move of using his idol on Jessica when they hadn't even reached the swap yet! The Jessica move is such an underrated Idol play. It really showed that David cares about his allies and how much he's willing to go to bat for them. At the merge, he also swooped up Hannah and Adam and I just really enjoyed that crew as a whole. I also felt bad for him when Zeke and Bret were making fun of his anxiety, and I was proud of him for how he stood up for himself. I think he got too be a bit overexposed towards the end of the game, but there was no one I really cared about in the cast so at least we weren't having like 100 Will Wahl confessionals or whatever.

He came back for EOE though and it was a bit of a step down for me. First of all he aligned with Rick Devens which..........choices. His edit was a lot more bland and we got a lot less personality out of him. He was pretty much strictly gametalk the entire way and I honestly can barely remember what he brought to the season despite the fact that MvGX happened before EOE. I know he was obsessed with trying to take Kelley Wentworth out, but never actually did anything about it. He f*cked off pretty early in the merge getting blindsided by literally everyone except Devens and then he voted for the guy who played for 10 days in the end. If David only had MvGX I would've been much less inclined to cut him, but I didn't care for him EOE so now he can go.

Save J'Tia

On 7/4/2020 at 12:44 PM, Solaris said:

great write up on Missy and you bring up a lot of good points Alex!

On 7/4/2020 at 12:56 PM, hayden98 said:

:( @ the Lauren cut

Also, I appreciate the Missy write up. Besides the horrible gaslighting, she was one of my favorites of her season. I wish production would've stepped in sooner so we wouldn't have such a tainted memory of her.

Agreed on these posts. Great write-up on Missy there @Alex95

Besides the obvious problematic issues - I have always really liked and enjoyed Missy as a gameplayer. And she was my favorite of her season (alongside Kellee) pre-merge. It's a shame her Survivor journey has been tainted due to her actions of the Dan situation. But i'm glad her earlier gameplay got recognized as that always gets overlooked.

• Like 1

Debbie Wanner (Kaoh Rong, Game Changers)

333?cb=20170208185805

Honestly, I nominated Debbie thinking she'd be an easy save but given the chance to cut her, I'm going to take it. I find her incredibly annoying and definitely one of the worst parts of both seasons she was a part of, in my opinion.  Although her constantly changing job title during her confessionals was hilarious :haha: She also finished 9th and 11th, so not exactly a strategic mastermind. In Kaoh Rong, Debbie was on the Chan Lao tribe. They won the first two tribal councils and, in that time, Debbie aligned with Aubry, Neal and Joe to eventually take out Liz Markham in Week 3, when they lost for the first time. During the next reward challenge, Debbie was notably one of the many people to receive medical attention after the extreme heat took it's toll on everyone. On Day 13, a tribe swap took place and Debbie and Neal began to conspire with Michele and Nick from Gondol in the event they'd have to go to tribal. They never did, given that they won immunity every week and, even after they merged, they managed to avoid tribal because Neal was evacuated. In Week 8, plans changed as Cydney rallied the girls to take out the men. Debbie joined the girls and voted out Nick but after that, Debbie began to try and control her alliance, which backfired as Aubry, Michele, Julia and Cydney voted to take her out. In the end, Debbie voted for Michele to win, so any least she has that.

In Game Changers, Debbie's big personality took a backseat as she went hard in the strategy portion of the game. She started out on the Nuku tribe and planned to make a big move and vote out Cirie if they lost immunity, but they won immunity in the first two weeks. She then swapped on to Mana with 3 of her fellow Nuku tribemates. She had the option of potentially joining up with Tai and Caleb as a Kaoh Rong alliance but, instead, stuck with Nuku and voted out Caleb. In the next tribal, Mana and Nuku went to tribal together and voted out Malcolm. By this point, Debbie had developed a target on her back after feuding with Hali Ford and Brad Culpepper, lucky for her, Mana won immunity and then there was a tribe swap. Of the remaining castaways, Debbie was the only one to draw no buff and get sent to Exile Island, where she met up with Cochran and got an Extra Vote. In the meantime, Sandra was voted out of Nuku, so Debbie rejoined them after her time on Exile. Then the whole Varner/Zeke debacle happened. Debbie was quite vocal about scolding Varner and supporting Zeke, so I give her kudos for that and, in the end, Nuku unanimously voted Varner out.

After that, the tribes merged and Debbie relied on her personality to keep the target off of her for while. In the first tribal, Debbie joined the majority to get rid of Hali. Then, the next week, Debbie's desire to make a big move came to the fore and she used her extra vote to seal Ozzy's fate. After that, she became quite cocky and it put a target on her back. Despite promising loyalty to Sarah and others, Sarah, Andrea, Aubry, Zeke, Cirie and Michaela managed to band together and take her out in a close 6-5 vote against Andrea. Debbie joined the jury and, in the end, voted for Brad Culpepper who, as we all know, lost to Sarah Lacina.

All in all, Debbie was an interesting character but I found her personality and intense desire to strategize grating. I feel like both times, she got what she deserved when she was voted out so eliminating her here feels kind of poetic.

Save: Morgan McLeod.

Edited by sublymonal