Survivor Rankdown 2.0 (Winner Reveal Page 225)

Solaris

16. Heidi Strobel

Survivor: Amazon 5th Place

Clubs That Suck -> HEIDI HAMELS (NÉE. STROBEL)

Average: 13.11

RANKINGS:

Steven - 8/20

Public - 10/20

Zoey - 12/20

Alex - 13/20

JC - 13/20

Andy - 14/20

Hayden - 14/20

Amanda - 16/20

Andrelliott - 18/20

STEVEN

HEIDI STROBEL

I thought Heidi making it to the end of the first Survivor rankdown was a pleasant surprise, but I guess she's more well-liked than I realized as she made it to the Top 20 yet again. I really like Heidi, so I'm glad to see her make an appearance in the Top 20 two times in a row. Survivor: The Amazon is one of my favorite seasons, and Heidi was my favorite castaway of that season. She was a sweet, pretty, and likable girl, and she was easy to root for. She bonded with the other younger women on the tribe (the season divided the men and the women), and she especially formed a close bond with eventual winner Jenna. The two of them had a memorable Survivor moment when they voluntarily stripped for peanut butter and chocolate during a challenge. Heidi was in the majority throughout the merge until Rob flipped to vote out Alex. She got a reprieve when she and Jenna put their differences aside with Rob to vote out Christy, but Heidi was voted out the following tribal council in fifth place. She ended up voting for her good friend Jenna to win the game. Heidi was underestimated throughout the season and was viewed as a ditzy girl, but Jeff pointed out how Heidi actually had the highest IQ out of anyone that season. Anyway, Heidi is one of my favorite one-time Survivor players, and I hope she ranks high in this Top 20.

PUBLIC

I love Heidi.  She's delusion, and a great character.  Her girls gone wild alliances was one of my favorite alliances of old-school survivor.  The alliance and the comments they made haven't aged well, but it was still an interesting story arc.  Her question to Jenna trying to coax her into saying she should replace her in the final 2, and Jenna not biting made me chuckle.  I ranked Heidi 7th.  The Audience brought her down to 10, so not a big drop.  This is the second time she's made the final ranking, and the second time she has placed 16th overall.  She will always go far, but shes the kind of character that could never win a rankdown.

ALEX

Heidi Strobel

I'm probably the only person here that has Heidi higher than both Rob and Jenna (whoops spoilers if/when Heidi shows up first). Heidi whole-heartedly believed that she was the greatest Survivor to ever play the game. Heidi's delusions were off the chart and it was just hilarious to watch. It's rare to see a contestant as tone deaf and oblivious as Heidi was. She openly discussed the looks of everyone around her and pretty much bragged that she was one of the hots on and she only wanted to work with and associate with other hot people. She got played hard at the swap when she was convinced to turn on the girls and lose them numbers, but she didn't even seem to notice she was getting played. Jeanne and Christy aren't hot, no need to work with them when she could work with Dave!

Heidi at her best is also Heidi behaving at her worst. Heidi and Jenna complaining about having a disability in the game, and in life, because they're pretty with Christy LITERALLY SITTING RIGHT THERE, is just sooooooo bad it circles back to hilarious. At the reunion, Heidi bragged about having one of the highest iqs and how smart she was for playing it down in the game, despite the fact that she literally said she was the strongest and smartest person in the game at tribal council and that the boys were scared of her :dead:. My favorite Heidi moment is her jury speech of course. The shock on her face when both Jenna and Matthew said Rob was the most deserving juror to be in the final two :dead:

"Are you sure there's no one else......... :))"

"I think they answered it Heidi :rolleyes:"

Lol Probst was done with her :wub:. Heidi is an incredibly random choice to be here, thus she'll be one of my shorter writeups, but I've got no qualms about her being here. I absolutely love her and think she's such a funny character to watch.

JC

Heidi Strobel - The prissy blond girl who was aligned with Alex and Jenna. And Rob until he backstabbed them LOL I remember her going off on him I think. Maybe I should move her higher.

ANDY

HEIDI STROBEL - Queen with the High IQ did THAT and made the top 20 twice in a row. :wub: So random lmfao I didn’t realize Heidi was so universally liked around here. She falls towards the bottom of the pack in this iconic top 20 but that doesn’t mean she’s any less amazing - a truly singular character who paved the way for lots of smarty flirts to play the game in future seasons. Jenna was edited to be a bit less likable than Heidi imo (which is ironic because Jenna won), as Heidi actually had a really strong edit for the most part. Yeah I’m getting tired of typing but Heidi has always been a favorite of mine and I love that she made the end twice!

HAYDEN

14.) Heidi Strobel

While I was compiling my top 20 list, Heidi originally started out close to the bottom, but each time I began to write about her, I realized that I wanted her to rank higher. I can’t justify dragging her past anyone else, but I do think that I really love all the lulziness that Heidi brought to Amazon. One of the most lulzy things that I immediately can think of is Heidi’s FTC question where she tried getting Jenna and Matthew to say that she deserved to be in the final 2, but neither did ❤️ .

AMANDA

IsPYSp.gif

Heidi! Such a fun character! One of the many reasons Amazon is a good season. I love her friendship with Jenna. She was so endlessly entertaining and hilarious during this season. She's also super likable, as evidence by her making the top 20 of this rankdown again. No one saw her as enough of a threat to take her out of the rankdown, clearly. I just really enjoyed Heidi during her season and the contributions she brought to it. I'm curious to see where she places this time around in comparison to the first rankdown. Not really sure what else to say. I'm sure someone else will write more about her, though.

ANDRELLIOTT

HEIDI STROBEL

We each put Heidi in our bottom five, but now I have regrets because I just wrote so much about Parvati and Natalie that I don't want to type another 100 words out. :dead: Now, us putting her so low isn't really because we dislike her - in fact, I lived for the Jenna/Heidi alliance and would probably put Heidi third in my personal ranking from that season behind Rob and Jenna. But I also don't really know how she's made the Top 20 twice considering she's not really that noteworthy of a player. But Heidi's delusions of grandeur and (not completely) PC one-liners made her an enjoyable character for some, and I think Amazon would've sorely suffered without her.

@Alex95 @*Amanda @sublymonal @Elliott @#jeah @hayden98 @JC @Steven_ @Zoey

Your Top 15 for Survivor Rankdown 2020!

Jerri Manthey

Teresa "T-Bird" Cooper

Jenna Morasca

Rob Cesternino

Sandra Diaz-Twine

Parvati Shallow

Courtney Yates

Peih-Gee Law

Crystal Cox

Natalie White

Sophie Clarke

Kim Spradlin

Abi-Maria Gomes

Kassandra "Kass" McQuillen

Michaela Bradshaw

Just now, Steven_ said:

Apparently Heidi’s jury question moment was really Heidi trying to get Jenna to say Deena‘s name since Deena was on the fence about who to vote for. Rob Cesternino said so according to Reddit.

Interesting info!  Also I love your new carrie sig!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

When your highest ranking to be revealed is #13 and you're forgotten about. 🙂 

read mariah carey GIF

1 minute ago, Steven_ said:

Apparently Heidi’s jury question moment was really Heidi trying to get Jenna to say Deena‘s name since Deena was on the fence about who to vote for. Rob Cesternino said so according to Reddit.

Yeah, I also remember him talking about how he could see the IQ scores that Jeff was holding and Heidi was at the bottom. :dead:

Alex

3. Sue Hawk

4. Sean Rector

13. Heidi Strobel

17. Ian Rosenberger

20. Yul Kwon

Amanda

13. Sue Hawk

16. Heidi Strobel

17. Ian Rosenberger

18. Yul Kwon

20. Sean Rector

Andrelliott

2. Ian Rosenberger

9. Yul Kwon

10. Sue Hawk

12. Sean Rector

18. Heidi Strobel

Andy

9. Sean Rector

14. Heidi Strobel

17. Yul Kwon

19. Ian Rosenberger

20. Sue Hawk

Hayden

13. Sue Hawk

14. Heidi Strobel

15. Sean Rector

19. Yul Kwon

20. Ian Rosenberger

JC

2. Yul Kwon

7. Ian Rosenberger 

8. Sean Rector

13. Heidi Strobel

16. Sue Hawk

Public

9. Yul Kwon

10. Heidi Strobel

11. Sue Hawk

18. Sean Rector

20. Ian Rosenberger

Steven

8. Heidi Strobel

14. Yul Kwon

17. Sean Rector

18. Ian Rosenberger

19. Sue Hawk

Zoey

9. Ian Rosenberger

12. Heidi Strobel

14. Yul Kwon

15. Sue Hawk

20. Sean Rector

6 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Yeah, I also remember him talking about how he could see the IQ scores that Jeff was holding and Heidi was at the bottom. :dead:

Source? I couldn't find that in his AMA. Probst seemed pretty serious when he said it on the reunion, I can't imagine him making it up.

1 hour ago, Alex95 said:

Source? I couldn't find that in his AMA. Probst seemed pretty serious when he said it on the reunion, I can't imagine him making it up.

It was a while back (probably a good 5+ years), so my memory is a bit fuzzy on where I remember him saying it. I want to say it was one of his earlier podcast episodes, but I'll see if I dig it up.