American Idol Season 18 Top 7 Spoilers

Idol Maniac

2 hours ago, Blirel said:

2 songs is when Maddie really stood out as she was consistent and killed both performances. I think 2 performances hurts people like Dillon and Louis who are not consistent. 

1 hour ago, psterina said:

Maddie, had a flawless Idol run. From song choices, to original deliveries of them. She intentionally set herself apart, from the rest. It paid off.

Except her weakest performance was If It Makes You Happy which came as soon as they sang multiple songs? :rofl: 

55 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Except her weakest performance was If It Makes You Happy which came as soon as they sang multiple songs? :rofl: 

While, you're welcome to your opinion she WON. She even spoke about, how she didn't just want to blend in. And, wanted to pick songs, that no one else would do. She knew what she was doing. And, she did great! So... laugh away, because even though she isn't a huge star, she still has gone further than other winners (Lee, Kris, Nick, Caleb Johnson)   :lmao:

33 minutes ago, psterina said:

While, you're welcome to your opinion she WON. She even spoke about, how she didn't just want to blend in. And, wanted to pick songs, that no one else would do. She knew what she was doing. And, she did great! So... laugh away, because even though she isn't a huge star, she still has gone further than other winners (Lee, Kris, Nick, Caleb Johnson)   :lmao:

32 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

It didn’t hurt her, did it?  She still won.  😝

Christ on a cracker, you two really can’t take anything that isn’t remotely talking about how the sun shines out of your favourite’s asses, huh? 🙄🙄🙄

First of all, I never said it did anything to her on the show to influence her run or take away from her win. As I’ve pointed out many times before that you two seem to conveniently ignore, I voted for Maddie to win in the finale and thought she deserved to win that season. Doesn’t mean I think she had a flawless run and just as with all of the winners, it’s perfectly valid to point out things without you two needing to take it as a personal attack.

But the original commenter said Maddie started shining more when the multi song weeks started, and I pointed out that her weakest performance was the very first week of multiple song performances. You can pretend or say it’s great all you want, and you’re entitled to your opinion, but I personally agree with Maddie herself’s viewpoint that it was her weakest performance.

Second all, I don’t know if you brought up Caleb and Nick to try and annoy me, but they’re my two least favourite winners so... it ain’t working, chief. But Kris has a gold album, which Maddie does not, and the three winners you listed all had albums that sold more than Maddie’s did. While it’s not her fault Idol dropped the ball on promoting her, pretending like she’s the biggest success Idol has had does nobody any favours and makes her fan base look bad. Especially considering she isn’t even the most successful from her own season owing to Gabby’s (who I don’t like in the slightest before you take this post as a way of me trying to defend a “favourite”) success.

I’ve seen you two make several negative comments about contestants you don’t like and it’s perfectly fine, but as soon as someone does it about someone you two like, suddenly it’s not acceptable. It doesn’t help your fave’s causes. If you’re really that bothered, please put me on you ignore list.

Edited by Elliott

Wow. A whole essay  😂  

I believe, and feel free, to  point out where I'm possibly wrong … that the ONLY negative thing that I have said, is when someone is BORING. And, for me … life is too short, to have to sit through that. It's just , how it is. 

But … carry on. 

And if someone points out they think someone you like is boring, you then launch into how they’re wrong and start speaking in hyperbole rather than just dealing with someone not liking someone as much as you do. 🙂 

This is the part where IDF gets toxic. I dont mean to butt my head into an issue im not involved in but Elliott is completely right. Carmen, you bring up Sam in almost EVERY. SINGLE. POST. We get that you like her, but when you start to bring other peoples favorites down just to boost your ego and how much your favorite is better its jusy annoying. People are here to express their opinions without being attacked for their likes and we should all be respectful of others opinions. Instead of attacking people, you can easily scroll past a comment if you dont like it. Period. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Christ on a cracker, you two really can’t take anything that isn’t remotely talking about how the sun shines out of your favourite’s asses, huh? 🙄🙄🙄

First of all, I never said it did anything to her on the show to influence her run or take away from her win. As I’ve pointed out many times before that you two seem to conveniently ignore, I voted for Maddie to win in the finale and thought she deserved to win that season. Doesn’t mean I think she had a flawless run and just as with all of the winners, it’s perfectly valid to point out things without you two needing to take it as a personal attack.

But the original commenter said Maddie started shining more when the multi song weeks started, and I pointed out that her weakest performance was the very first week of multiple song performances. You can pretend or say it’s great all you want, and you’re entitled to your opinion, but I personally agree with Maddie herself’s viewpoint that it was her weakest performance.

Second all, I don’t know if you brought up Caleb and Nick to try and annoy me, but they’re my two least favourite winners so... it ain’t working, chief. But Kris has a gold album, which Maddie does not, and the three winners you listed all had albums that sold more than Maddie’s did. While it’s not her fault Idol dropped the ball on promoting her, pretending like she’s the biggest success Idol has had does nobody any favours and makes her fan base look bad. Especially considering she isn’t even the most successful from her own season owing to Gabby’s (who I don’t like in the slightest before you take this post as a way of me trying to defend a “favourite”) success.

I’ve seen you two make several negative comments about contestants you don’t like and it’s perfectly fine, but as soon as someone does it about someone you two like, suddenly it’s not acceptable. It doesn’t help your fave’s causes. If you’re really that bothered, please put me on you ignore list.

False I didn’t say she started to shine when 2 songs came along. Even if it makes you happy was one of her weaker performances it was still solid. I said that if you can pull off 2 solid performances... it helps you. CONSISTENT is what I said. Not that she became more noticed. I’m saying if anyone pulls off 2 above average performances tonight they’ll have a better chance of advancing. For instance if Julia is flawless on both I see her advancing. 

In an attempt to bring this thread slightly back on topic, do we have any spoilers as far as the performance order goes tonight?  I feel like since we know the top 7, we should also have some insight into the performance order and songs that were chosen.

Just now, landon1988 said:

In an attempt to bring this thread slightly back on topic, do we have any spoilers as far as the performance order goes tonight?  I feel like since we know the top 7, we should also have some insight into the performance order and songs that were chosen.

The Idol IG announced the Disney songs, but not who's singing them. Otherwise, the only spoilers we have are just who the seven that are performing are.

Edited by Elliott
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Elliott said:

I think we’re both guilty of putting other people’s favorites down, so from now on I’m backing off.

11 hours ago, m1key said:

Why are you making sound like this is bad for the contestants? This is a GOOD thing for them because more of them get to have more performances and have a chance of winning.

it gives more people a chance to perform but that means less exposure for whoever wins... this winner not only would have never performed on a big stage, but will have the least exposure of any past winners.

Edited by kamil24

13 minutes ago, kamil24 said:

it gives more people a chance to perform but that means less exposure for whoever wins... this winner not only would have never performed on a big stage, but will have the least exposure of any past winners.

But what could they have done with the pandemic. If they postponed it, the show likely would have been cancelled altogether.  The experts are saying that it will be a good year when things are normalized.

Edited by mytake1