idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
Idol Maniac

American Idol Season 18 Top 7 Spoilers

I’m gonna get my popcorn ready for the meltdown when it’s the five guys left standing. :giggle: 

51 minutes ago, Elliott said:

I’m gonna get my popcorn ready for the meltdown when it’s the five guys left standing. :giggle: 

Unlikely.  I really doubt that Louis will be able to slip past Just Sam.

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
Just now, CarmenSandiego said:

You don't need to reply to all of my posts about how your favourite is going to outlast mine. It's tiring. :yawn:

Edited by Elliott

23 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

It's not out of the question.  Sam has a sob story.  Last year, Wade passed Jeremiah - who had a sob story.  And this year, it seems that voters are cutting the belters and saving the singer song writers.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

Just Sam isnt the only person in this competition lmao. You are gonna be in for a rude awakening when she gets 3rd place. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Elliott said:

You don't need to reply to all of my posts about how your favourite is going to outlast mine. It's tiring. :yawn:

Sorry.  I’m just very protective of my favorites.  Also, I either didn’t realize or I forgot that Louis was your favorite.

39 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

It's not out of the question.  Sam has a sob story.  Last year, Wade passed Jeremiah - who had a sob story.  And this year, it seems that voters are cutting the belters and saving the singer song writers.

Maybe it’s not out of the question, but I still think it’s unlikely.  But possible.

17 minutes ago, m1key said:

Just Sam isnt the only person in this competition lmao. You are gonna be in for a rude awakening when she gets 3rd place. 

Well, it’s better than being eliminated before the Top 5, which Elliott was suggesting.

Edited by CarmenSandiego

11 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

I’m just very protective of my favorites.  

Well, it’s better than being eliminated before the Top 5, which Elliott was suggesting.

Yet you have no problems shading people who aren’t your favourites. Not everyone is going to be all in for your favourites.

Actually, I was making a sarcastic quip because of how dramatic IDF is when the women get eliminated. If I had my way, Arthur and either Dillon/Julia would be going.

2 hours ago, Elliott said:

Honestly it could happen. Julia is either 6th or 7th right now. I find it hard to believe she is any higher. Just Sam's fan base or support might be exaggerated. It's hard for contestants like her. The white guys always find a way to get votes so it would not totally shock me if we get an all guys top 5. However, I would question why the producer's would make it a final 5 finale if they knew there would be a chance they were all guys. So I feel like at least one girl, probably Just Sam, is in the top 5...maybe even running at 5th in voting. 

4 hours ago, joe14 said:

Yeah they have happened to cut less people, but people end up worrying about it all the way up until the next show lol. I see your point. I just think it would be better if they were in advanced like any other season..

Anyway, it's been revealed that the cut is 7 --> 5 (like you can't convince me they didn't come up with this cut in the last couple of days) so I think Julia might have a chance after all. I think she is ahead of Louis. I feel like she is fighting with Dillon for the fifth spot.

oh wow, sam might've fallen out of that 3rd spot then...they probably want female representation in the finale until they cut them pre-perforamnces to reveal an all male F3 😭

54 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Yet you have no problems shading people who aren’t your favourites. Not everyone is going to be all in for your favourites.

Actually, I was making a sarcastic quip because of how dramatic IDF is when the women get eliminated. If I had my way, Arthur and either Dillon/Julia would be going.

I'd like Dillon or Arthur to go as well, personally.  Or both.

35 minutes ago, joe14 said:

Honestly it could happen. Julia is either 6th or 7th right now. I find it hard to believe she is any higher. Just Sam's fan base or support might be exaggerated. It's hard for contestants like her. The white guys always find a way to get votes so it would not totally shock me if we get an all guys top 5. However, I would question why the producer's would make it a final 5 finale if they knew there would be a chance they were all guys. So I feel like at least one girl, probably Just Sam, is in the top 5...maybe even running at 5th in voting. 

And/or maybe Arthur's fan base or support is exaggerated as well and is beginning to wane.  Let's hope.

5 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

I'd like Dillon or Arthur to go as well, personally.  Or both.

And/or maybe Arthur's fan base or support is exaggerated as well and is beginning to wane.  Let's hope.

But Sam still won't win.  She has floated a sob story and those never win. 

39 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

But Sam still won't win.  She has floated a sob story and those never win. 

I wonder why contestants with sob stories never win, at least, on this show?

Posted (edited)

Because most of them aren’t as good production wants them to be. Fantasia won, but she’s the lone exception to the rule (and she was up against Diana and Jasmine which says it all...). Otherwise, they usually fizzle out early on and their sob story only takes them so far.

Among the ones I can think of that made it the furthest, Archie was never going to win in a finale that had four-hour voting against the guy who’d picked up most of the fan bases of the eliminated contestants; Danny was rarely memorable and his Top 4 performances torpedoed any chance he had of making the finale. Kree Harrison was, at least, consistent and probably would’ve won in a different season, but she had to be in the finale up against the one and only Candice Glover. And Candice had the storyline of trying out for two prior seasons before getting on the show, too.

Edited by Elliott

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Because most of them aren’t as good production wants them to be. Fantasia won, but she’s the lone exception to the rule (and she was up against Diana and Jasmine which says it all...). Otherwise, they usually fizzle out early on and their sob story only takes them so far.

Among the ones I can think of that made it the furthest, Archie was never going to win in a finale that had four-hour voting against the guy who’d picked up most of the fan bases of the eliminated contestants; Danny was rarely memorable and his Top 4 performances torpedoed any chance he had of making the finale. Kree Harrison was, at least, consistent and probably would’ve won in a different season, but she had to be in the finale up against the one and only Candice Glover. And Candice had the storyline of trying out for two prior seasons before getting on the show, too.

Thanks for explaining this to me.  I hope that Just Sam is good enough to at least make the finale.  As for Dillon, I don’t hate him but I don’t think he’s good enough to win and maybe not even good enough to make the finale.

Edited by CarmenSandiego

16 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

Thanks for explaining this to me.  I hope that Just Sam is good enough to at least make the finale.  As Dillon, I don’t hate him but I don’t think he’s good enough to win and maybe not even good enough to make the finale.

as A fan of dillon's music and as much as I enjoy watching him, I don't think he'll win either and I don't want him to win. top 5 is the maximum he can get and I am happy with it. the last thing I want him is to end like maddie or laine.. I just hope he continues to make music and plan to buy his album out as soon as the show is done. 

A top 5 finale?  I mean... it makes sense with how they’ve had to do this season but that’s going to make it really tough to call a winner!  I wonder if they’ll eliminate a couple people midway through the show next week?

Top 5 finale? I feel bad for all the contestants especially those that had dreamed of the idol experience their whole lives. What a waste.

1 hour ago, landon1988 said:

A top 5 finale?  I mean... it makes sense with how they’ve had to do this season but that’s going to make it really tough to call a winner!  I wonder if they’ll eliminate a couple people midway through the show next week?

This could be interesting. Depending on the lineup. This could help Julia and Sam place higher. Don’t see them winning but vote splitting is a thing. Francisco needs to hope that Louis doesn’t make it so the heartthrob voters are totally behind him. 

The only thing we really know at this point is I see Francisco, Arthur as locks for the finale. Just Sam is very likely as well. 

Those last 2 spots could really depend on who chooses the right songs tonight and appeals to the crowd. 2 songs is when Maddie really stood out as she was consistent and killed both performances. I think 2 performances hurts people like Dillon and Louis who are not consistent. 

26 minutes ago, kamil24 said:

Top 5 finale? I feel bad for all the contestants especially those that had dreamed of the idol experience their whole lives. What a waste.

Why are you making sound like this is bad for the contestants? This is a GOOD thing for them because more of them get to have more performances and have a chance of winning.

31 minutes ago, Blirel said:

The only thing we really know at this point is I see Francisco, Arthur as locks for the finale. Just Sam is very likely as well. 

Those last 2 spots could really depend on who chooses the right songs tonight and appeals to the crowd. 2 songs is when Maddie really stood out as she was consistent and killed both performances. I think 2 performances hurts people like Dillon and Louis who are not consistent. 

Maddie, had a flawless Idol run. From song choices, to original deliveries of them. She intentionally set herself apart, from the rest. It paid off.

Posted (edited)

I don't see anything wrong with the top 5 finale.

I'd say that is the reason why they even continued this season, to give a lot of them promotion while keeping the format intact somehow.

They are toning down the "competition" part cause that always bring out the nastiness from viewers. The timing is just not right.

A few weeks ago, I even suggested that they have a top 10 finale, and then we vote and wrap up the season til better times arrive.

Edited by jjeem

3 hours ago, landon1988 said:

It doesn't mean there will be 5 people left at the end.  They likely will eliminate people throughout until they get to the Final 2.