idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
Idol Maniac

American Idol Season 18 Top 7 Spoilers

^I feel like Skylar and even Joshua to an extent didn't receive too much airtime before the semi's either. (Skylar moreso than Joshua, because his pimpage seemed to start at the end of Hollywood Week)

1 hour ago, joe14 said:

Even Haley did tbh. I feel like the poster was saying there is no room for an underdog type of run on the show. Those five were at the forefront in terms of screen time and a narrative since the beginning. Actually I did not know who Dillion was till last week lmao but I am going to assume he has gotten lots of airtime. I just kind of feel like Julia has hit her limit in terms of how far she can go in this competition. 

Anything can happen, but regardless …. I'll bet, that Julia, ends up with the biggest musical career, out of this bunch. Just watch

48 minutes ago, Carrie_On said:

Kelly Clarkson and Kris Allen are the Queen and King of no airtime winners lol. Kelly was never shown before the semifinals and Kris was montaged a couple of times with no backstory. 

S1 also only had one audition episode and like 2 or 3 Hollywood episodes. :haha:

Kris got airtime with his group performance. So when everyone looked him up after he made it through, that was what everyone saw. Allison also made it to the Top 4 with barely any airtime that season.

I feel like any airtime Julia got, she was forced to promote Alejandro

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, kamil24 said:

I feel like any airtime Julia got, she was forced to promote Alejandro

She wasn't forced to promote anyone.  She's a fan of his.

Julia made Top 7 over many of the so-called baby-divas who got more air time.

Edited by mytake1

3 hours ago, joe14 said:

Even Haley did tbh. I feel like the poster was saying there is no room for an underdog type of run on the show. Those five were at the forefront in terms of screen time and a narrative since the beginning. Actually I did not know who Dillion was till last week lmao but I am going to assume he has gotten lots of airtime. I just kind of feel like Julia has hit her limit in terms of how far she can go in this competition. 

And the underdog runs were one of my fave parts of idol. Not a fan of this season at all. Sad because the cast was great.

10 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

She wasn't forced to promote anyone.  She's a fan of his.

I find that hard to believe. That whole Alejandro narrative was forced by production. They probably offered her the most screen time if she kept mentioning Alejandro. I really don't know why, but I guess someone above still loves him.  

2 hours ago, hayden98 said:

^I feel like Skylar and even Joshua to an extent didn't receive too much airtime before the semi's either. (Skylar moreso than Joshua, because his pimpage seemed to start at the end of Hollywood Week)

Hollie from S11. I didn't know she was even on that season until live shows. Of course she had good screen time S10, but GP doesn't have the best memory. 

1 minute ago, Raphy said:

I find that hard to believe. That whole Alejandro narrative was forced by production. They probably offered her the most screen time if she kept mentioning Alejandro. I really don't know why, but I guess someone above still loves him.  

So, you're calling her a LIAR???  Why is it so inconceivable she's a fan? 

2 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

So, you're calling her a LIAR???  Why is it so inconceivable she's a fan? 

No she's probably indifferent. She probably saw a few videos and was like "Yeah man I like him. Sure, lets do it!" 

Just now, Raphy said:

No she's probably indifferent. She probably saw a few videos and was like "Yeah man I like him. Sure, lets do it!" 

This is too stupid to bother with.  

31 minutes ago, Raphy said:

She listed Catie and Alejandro as her favourite alumni in her audition sheets to get on the show...

Posted (edited)

If Julia didn't get as much screen time, it was because she didn't have a sob story to float.  Her story:  she's a college student who is pursing music.  That said, sob stories don't win either.

Edited by mytake1

They dedicated four hours to showcasing the entire Top 20 before voting was begin.

Why is there a debate over whether or not anyone was hampered by screen time? :dead:

15 minutes ago, Elliott said:

They dedicated four hours to showcasing the entire Top 20 before voting was begin.

Why is there a debate over whether or not anyone was hampered by screen time? :dead:

You would think Idol would use that time to show less promoted contestants, but even then, there were still big differences in how much screen time people received. Francisco got both his second audition and his Hollywood original song performance shown. This was on top of his full performances being shown in every other round. His Hawaii performance was also shown in full. They basically showed about every second of what they had of him.

Julia gets 20 seconds of her singing Glitter in the Air in Hawaii. 

39 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Still in This Is Me, Arthur got the pimpspot (shown last) in episode 1 and Francisco opened episode 2. 

I do think that it is more fair this season since almost everyone got featured in Auditions and Hollywood. I'm just saying that this format favours the ones who got more attention in the previous rounds due to their stories and the amount of screentime they got. 

3 hours ago, Elliott said:

S1 also only had one audition episode and like 2 or 3 Hollywood episodes. :haha:

Kris got airtime with his group performance. So when everyone looked him up after he made it through, that was what everyone saw. Allison also made it to the Top 4 with barely any airtime that season.

True lol.  But you could tell that the producers didn’t even consider her as a possible winner until the finals began. She got no airtime whatsoever before the voting rounds and none of the judges predicted that she’d be voted into the Top 10. Simon harped on her being forgettable. Unless she was set-up to be a dark horse winner along? 🧐

As for this season’s winner, I can see it being anyone except Julia (my fav ):) or Louis. Arthur seems like the sure bet right now but I won’t be surprised to see Dillon or Jonny take it. Francisco and Sam are possible but not as likely. 

1 hour ago, Carrie_On said:

True lol.  But you could tell that the producers didn’t even consider her as a possible winner until the finals began. She got no airtime whatsoever before the voting rounds and none of the judges predicted that she’d be voted into the Top 10. Simon harped on her being forgettable. Unless she was set-up to be a dark horse winner along? 🧐

As for this season’s winner, I can see it being anyone except Julia (my fav ):) or Louis. Arthur seems like the sure bet right now but I won’t be surprised to see Dillon or Jonny take it. Francisco and Sam are possible but not as likely. 

Ugh if this is true it’s depressing because Arthur, Dillon, and Jonny are def my bottom 3 of the 7

2 hours ago, joe14 said:

You would think Idol would use that time to show less promoted contestants, but even then, there were still big differences in how much screen time people received. Francisco got both his second audition and his Hollywood original song performance shown. This was on top of his full performances being shown in every other round. His Hawaii performance was also shown in full. They basically showed about every second of what they had of him.

out of the T11;

dillon/jonny/jovin/louis/makayla/sam had every performance shown in every round

arthur's hw duet, francisco's hw solo, grace's hw solo, julia's hw duet, sophia's hw duet were not officially shown (some were referenced but did not get their own original segment)

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, holinessss said:

out of the T11;

dillon/jonny/jovin/louis/makayla/sam had every performance shown in every round

arthur's hw duet, francisco's hw solo, grace's hw solo, julia's hw duet, sophia's hw duet were not officially shown (some were referenced but did not get their own original segment)

Francisco's hollywood solo was shown in the this is me episode. It's on youtube right now and was aired. Pretty much all his performances are on the youtube page. Arthur duet was apparently terrible so they were doing him a favor. Honestly, I like Francisco (probably the person I would have the least problem with winning), I was just making the point about Julia lol. 

Edited by joe14

8 minutes ago, joe14 said:

Francisco's hollywood solo was shown in the this is me episode. It's on youtube right now and was aired. Pretty much all his performances are on the youtube page. Arthur duet was apparently terrible so they were doing him a favor. Honestly, I like Francisco (probably the person I would have the least problem with winning), I was just making the point about Julia lol. 

yea it was shown in the TIM episode, but it *originally* was not going to be shown pre-rona

Just now, holinessss said:

yea it was shown in the TIM episode, but it *originally* was not going to be shown pre-rona

But it was shown? lol. I thought we were taking everything into account. The user implied that the "This Is Me" episode created an even playing field when all I did was push contestants already being pushed. They took the time to show two more of his performances when he was already getting lots of airtime. I feel like this discussion hijacked the thread 😂

For someone who apparently had almost no screen time, Julia generated enough interest to get her voted into the Top 7.  She had to take out a lot of people in the process and did it without a sob story. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mytake1 said:

For someone who apparently had almost no screen time, Julia generated enough interest to get her voted into the Top 7.  She had to take out a lot of people in the process and did it without a sob story. 

That's right. Less screen time, than so many. No sob story. Pure talent. And … it doesn't hurt, that she's gorgeous

42 minutes ago, psterina said:

That's right. Less screen time, than so many. No sob story. Pure talent. And … it doesn't hurt, that she's gorgeous

I wouldn't say "less screen, time than so many." She's certainly had the least of the Top 7, and less than some of the contestants already eliminated, but she's had a mid-pack amount of screen time imo. Just the rest of the Top 7 are the ones with heavy heavy screentime