idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
Idol Maniac

American Idol Season 18 Top 7 Spoilers

Julia is the contestant I'm 100% sure is leaving next. I can't tell with the rest. Louis also seems like he would be towards the bottom.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, m1key said:

Thoughts on these results....

- STAN JULIA PERIOD. 

- Super happy with Francisco and Sam making it.

- Could care less about Jonny or Arthur. 

- Dillon and Louis are like bread. White, dry, plain and boring. 

I pretty much agree with this, except … I would trade Dillon & Francisco , and …  I do care somewhat about Jonny & Arthur, just not anywhere near Julia, or Sam

21 minutes ago, m1key said:

- STAN JULIA PERIOD. 

Yeah I agree with this pretty much exactly. Nice tiers. 

35 minutes ago, m1key said:

- STAN JULIA PERIOD. 

I’d actually stan Just Sam instead of Julia.  But I’m glad that she and Francisco made it too.

I care a little about Jonny but I won’t be upset if he fails to move on next week.  As for Arthur, after two mediocre performances, I could hardly care less about him too.

I also think that Dillon and especially Louis are like dry, plain, boring white bread.  Louis is doomed, and Dillon probably is as well.

On 5/4/2020 at 11:51 AM, holinessss said:

HOMEWARD BOUND!
YT Views ~12hrs Post   FB Views ~12hrs Post   IG Likes ~12hrs Post   IG Followers Gained ~12hrs Post   IG Followers Gained Pre Season
Arthur Gunn 308   Arthur Gunn 1400   Arthur Gunn 25.4   Arthur Gunn 9   Arthur Gunn 209.2
Francisco Martin 103   Makayla Phillips 444   Francisco Martin 15.2   Dillon James 5.2   Francisco Martin 109
Makayla Phillips 92   Sam Diaz 382   Julia Gargano 14.1   Francisco Martin 5   Louis Knight 93
Sam Diaz 86   Grace Leer 312   Louis Knight 13.3   Sam Diaz 5   Sam Diaz 85.8
Jonny West 77   Julia Gargano 310   Makayla Phillips 13   Julia Gargano 4.1   Dillon James 77.6
Julia Gargano 74   Jonny West 212   Jonny West 12.3   Jonny West 3.9   Jonny West 56.7
Louis Knight 71   Francisco Martin 182   Sam Diaz 12.3   Louis Knight 3.9   Julia Gargano 55.1
Dillon James 57   Dillon James 163   Grace Leer 10.9   Sophia James 3.3   Makayla Phillips 49.2
Sophia James 56   Louis Knight 162   Dillon James 9.9   Makayla Phillips 3   Sophia Wackerman 44.9
Grace Leer 47   Sophia James 127   Sophia James 9.9   Grace Leer 2.1   Grace Leer 40.2
Jovin Webb 41   Jovin Webb 116   Jovin Webb 6.9   Jovin Webb 1.6   Jovin Webb 24.8

IG remains the most accurate metric (specifically both "followers gained")...now I'm definitely worried about Sam (or any girl) getting into the finale

• Like 1

If Makayla made it over Louis it would be perfect.

I'm kind of ok with that group.

Though I would rather Makayla over Francisco.

This is such a sad list. Idol fans just never change. so i checked out previous seasons and almost always, the boys outnumber the girls. I hate it the girls deserve better..

Here's the stats of Boys to Girls in the top 7 (except for some which had a top 8 ) 

S18 - 5:2

S17 - 5:3

S16 - 3:4

S15 - 4:4

S14 - 4:3

S13 - 5:2

S12 - 2:5

S11 - 3:4 

S10 - 5:2 

S9 - 5:2

S8 - 5:2

S7 - 3:4

S6 - 4:3

S5 - 4:3

S4 - 5:2

S3 - 2:5

S2 - 3:4

S1 - 3:4

Except for seasons 1-3, only 4 seasons had girls outnumber the guys. This is just sad

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

2 females and 5 (mediocre) males 🙄

Americans never change

Edited by Sept390

11 hours ago, joe14 said:

Julia is the contestant I'm 100% sure is leaving next. I can't tell with the rest. Louis also seems like he would be towards the bottom.

If she delivers another stellar performance, she has a great chance to stay. 

22 minutes ago, Sept390 said:

If she delivers another stellar performance, she has a great chance to stay. 

Yeah I agree but she has the most working against her in my opinion. 

Does anyone know how many are being cut next?

Someone claimed they are going top 7 --> 4. I feel like Arthur, Just Sam, Jonny, Dillion, and Francisco are much higher than her and she can't catch up. But we will see. 

1 hour ago, joe14 said:

Someone claimed they are going top 7 --> 4. I feel like Arthur, Just Sam, Jonny, Dillion, and Francisco are much higher than her and she can't catch up. But we will see. 

Arthur, Just Sam and Francisco are certainly way ahead of Julia.  Don’t know about Dillon but Jonny is probably ahead of her.  Still, she could pass him with a great performance since I don’t think he can do a great performance, just very good ones, in the next week.

This is technically only regarding the top 7 so felt like this had to be here:

Mothers Day:

Julia Gargano: Keep Holding On by Avril Lavigne or No One by Alicia Keys

Jonny West: Mama Said (slowed down) by Lukas Graham or Where You Lead I Will Follow by Carole King

Just Sam: Only One by Kanye West ft Paul McCartney or How Can I Help You To Say Goodbye by Patty Lovelace

Francisco Martin: Sweetest Devotion by Adele or Make You Feel My Love by Bob Dylan (Adele version)

Dillon James: God Only Knows by The Beach Boys or She’s Always a Woman by Billy Joel

Louis Knight: Turn To You by Justin Bieber or Isn’t She Lovely by Stevie Wonder

Arthur Gunn: Nobody Loves Me But My Mother by B.B. King or Here Comes The Sun by The Beatles

Disney

Julia: All I Want by Olivia Rodrigo (HSMTS), Carried Me With You by Brandi Carlisle (Onward)

Jonny: Go The Distance (Hercules), When She Loved Me (Toy Story 2)

Sam: Speechless by Naomi Scott, Spirit by Beyoncé (The Lion King)

Dillon: All Is Found by Kacey Musgraves (Frozen II), Find Yourself by Brad Paisley (Cars)

Arthur: Friend Like Me, Dig A Little Deeper (Princess Frog)

Louis: So Close (Enchanted) or When You Wish Upon A Star (Pinocchio)

Francisco: This Is Me by Demi Lovato, Joe Jonas (Camp Rock), Love Is An Open Door (Frozen)

13 hours ago, m1key said:

- STAN JULIA PERIOD. 

LOL. If you are in UK or Ireland, you could easily find someone who looks and sounds exactly the same as Louis everywhere 🙏

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, joe14 said:

True. This format favours the ones with more screentime (unsurprisingly, top 7 sans Julia are the ones with the most screentime this season). There's no room for a Syesha or Haley Reinhart or even Maddie Pope this season. 

Edited by Sept390

3 minutes ago, Sept390 said:

There's no room for a Syesha or Haley Reinhart or even Maddie Pope this season. 

Syesha had a crap-ton or airtime in S7’s early rounds. :huh: She just didn’t get a fan base for whatever reason.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Syesha had a crap-ton or airtime in S7’s early rounds. :huh: She just didn’t get a fan base for whatever reason.

Even Haley did tbh. I feel like the poster was saying there is no room for an underdog type of run on the show. Those five were at the forefront in terms of screen time and a narrative since the beginning. Actually I did not know who Dillion was till last week lmao but I am going to assume he has gotten lots of airtime. I just kind of feel like Julia has hit her limit in terms of how far she can go in this competition. 

Edited by joe14

9 minutes ago, joe14 said:

Even Haley did tbh. I feel like the poster was saying there is no room for an underdog type of run on the show. Those five were at the forefront in terms of screen time and a narrative since the beginning. Actually I did not know who Dillion was till last week lmao but I am going to assume he has gotten lots of airtime. I just kind of feel like Julia has hit her limit in terms of how far she can go in this competition. 

I don't remember S7 but Haley did not have that much screentime. Her audition was shown but that's it. I remember I was the ONLY ONE stanning her on IDF pre top 9 😩

And yeah by name-dropping Haley and Syesha, I mean the underdogs who did not receive a lot of attention at the earlier stages.

30 minutes ago, Sept390 said:

I don't remember S7 but Haley did not have that much screentime. Her audition was shown but that's it. I remember I was the ONLY ONE stanning her on IDF pre top 9 😩

And yeah by name-dropping Haley and Syesha, I mean the underdogs who did not receive a lot of attention at the earlier stages.

Nah she was definitely shown way more than that. Her audition built on the story of her auditioning season 9 and not making it. Her Hollywood solo performance was the first of the day and I remember them hyping it up as her "redemption" cause she barely made it through the group round cause her group did pretty bad. Airtime wise it was nothing compared to Scotty and Lauren, but I look at more than airtime and look at the effort the producer's put in crafting a narrative. Pia was barely shown and all we knew about her was that she had a great group round performance. By the time we hit top 24, we barely knew her. She had the talent, but that can only take you so far which end in her shocking elimination. 

But yeah my point is unlike Arthur, Francisco, and Just Sam, Julia really wasn't given a arc that makes/made her memorable so this is right around the time she will probably be eliminated for it. Also I could totally be 100% wrong cause like you said, with a good performance, she could survive this round of elimination. She just has little to no room for error.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, joe14 said:

Nah she was definitely shown way more than that. Her audition built on the story of her auditioning season 9 and not making it. Her Hollywood solo performance was the first of the day and I remember them hyping it up as her "redemption" cause she barely made it through the group round cause her group did pretty bad. Airtime wise it was nothing compared to Scotty and Lauren, but I look at more than airtime and look at the effort the producer's put in crafting a narrative. Pia was barely shown and all we knew about her was that she had a great group round performance. By the time we hit top 24, we barely knew her. She had the talent, but that can only take you so far which end in her shocking elimination. 

But yeah my point is unlike Arthur, Francisco, and Just Sam, Julia really wasn't given a arc that makes/made her memorable so this is right around the time she will probably be eliminated for it. Also I could totally be 100% wrong cause like you said, with a good performance, she could survive this round of elimination. She just has little to no room for error.

For Haley, I remember her first few live performances were weird and mediocre as well (she even yodelled on stage 🤣) and people hated her growls/whiny vocals. I think Sophia would be very similar to Haley. An unusual and not totally pleasant tone but one hell of a vocal and technique. As if she would have more time to prove people wrong 😭

Kelly Clarkson and Kris Allen are the Queen and King of no airtime winners lol. Kelly was never shown before the semifinals and Kris was montaged a couple of times with no backstory. 

Elise also did very well despite not being shown much at all in Hollywood. All we saw were little glimpses of her until her Green Mile performance. Honestly, she, Jessica, and Hollie all got very far despite their lack of screen time. 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Carrie_On said:

Kelly Clarkson and Kris Allen are the Queen and King of no airtime winners lol. Kelly was never shown before the semifinals and Kris was montaged a couple of times with no backstory. 

Elise also did very well despite not being shown much at all in Hollywood. All we saw were little glimpses of her until her Green Mile performance. Honestly, she, Jessica, and Hollie all got very far despite their lack of screen time. 

They literally tried to hide Kris. 

They announced the semi-finalists and I was like, "wait, who is this guy?"

I haven seen him before that. And that was AFTER 10 (TEN!!!) episodes of auditions, hollywood rounds and eliminations, and press releases.

They use to have 40 (!!) episodes back then.

Edited by jjeem