idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
Deeee

Dee Watches Survivor (Currently On Samoa)

10 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

YOU HAVE AYY DEE DEE!

Judd also has a problem with recall :))

One of the few seasons where the guys>girls. I love Judd and Jamie! Margaret, Cindy, and Amy are all good too for the girls. And Gary for the guys.

Steph and Rafe in the top three - insert large image

Such a great moment. The peak of the season.

Guys > Girls this season. But Stephenie >>> All. 

I would love to know why you do not care for either of them. Or maybe just why you would not rank them highly.

15 minutes ago, Deeee said:

I would love to know why you do not care for either of them. Or maybe just why you would not rank them highly.

Steph’s brand of villainy was just being self-righteous and condescending and just call everyone gay and r*tarded. Not my cup of tea.

Rafe was soooooo self-righteous. He’s one of those “good guys deserve to win” bullsh*t players. He had to justify voting others out like they’re terrible people. “Jamie is so annoying and paranoid!!!!!11!1” or he could see you’re turning on him and just wants you to solidify his alliance? “How dare Cindy not give me a car!!!!!1!!1!” or she won it fair and square and you should’ve done better??

Just now, Alex95 said:

r*tarded

That is my one knock against her as well. I was very triggered by her using this word, something that has led me to many fights with people. I work with people that have developmental disabilities and my little brother has autism. Side note. But I only caught her using it once? I could have not caught every other use though. She almost dropped below Judd just for that though. I just never took her for a full-on villain?

The car incident with Cindy was such bullish*t, but I had to laugh at his self-righteousness. At least it made him appear more layered as a character, rather than the one-note nice guy. 

Tina on the beach broke my f*cking heart.

Rafe is too high and Danni is too low.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, #jeah said:

Knowing what Elliott explained to me makes me view her a bit differently, but I am just goin based on the material. Simply not enough of her + lacking in gameplay strategy that was shown!

Edited by Deeee

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Deeee said:

This is very interesting to hear. I am assuming she went on record at some point and admitted to this?

Yeah, it’s definitely common knowledge that this is the case, and I think it’s kind of badass that she did so. I know Danni isn’t the most exciting winner but her gameplay was very impressive. She was really good at staying out of the drama while still stirring things up and putting the target on other people (see: her calling out Gary as a famous athlete). It’s too bad she was an epic fail in WAW, although I kinda think her alliance probably did a pretty bad job at keeping her in the loop.

Edited by #jeah

I’m with you on Danni. She’s good! Not over the moon about her though.

Just now, Deeee said:

Knowing what Elliott explained to me makes me view her a bit differently, but I am just goin based on the material. Simply not enough of her + lacking in gameplay strategy that was shown!

I was going to tell you beforehand since you already knew she won, but I wasn't sure if you were aware of Stephenie also making it FTC and didn't want to spoil that. :dead: 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, #jeah said:

Yeah, it’s definitely common knowledge that this is the case, and I think it’s kind of badass that she did so. I know Danni isn’t the most exciting winner but her gameplay was very impressive. She was really good at staying out of the drama while still stirring things up and putting the target on other people (see: her calling out Gary as a famous athlete). 

Definitely is badass. Just does not make for good television? Obviously this makes her a super intelligent game player, but me thinks that she still skated by a bit too much for me to be thrilled by her in any way. She did steer clear of drama and I think her playing up the sweetheart role was a good choice, since Stephenie was obliviously doing the opposite the whole time. But even her calling out Gary did nothing, considering Amy was the only other player to really even address the possibility?

While it was smart of her to not cause waves, which kept her around longer than the other guys in her minority alliance, I think that challenge advantage literally handed her the win. Feels a bit lackluster in the end.

Edited by Deeee

5 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

I’m with you on Danni. She’s good! Not over the moon about her though.

Very good summary of my feelings on her.

5 minutes ago, Elliott said:

I was going to tell you beforehand since you already knew she won, but I wasn't sure if you were aware of Stephenie also making it FTC and didn't want to spoil that. :dead: 

I was not aware of Stephenie making it that far! For the most part, I only know the winners. So the lead-up to that point is still a surprise for me. I am glad you kept it safe!

1 minute ago, Deeee said:

Definitely is badass. Just does not make for good television? Obviously this makes her a super intelligent game player, but me thinks that she still skated by a bit too much for me to be trilled by her in any way. She did steer clear of drama and I think her playing up the sweetheart role was a good choice, since Stephenie was obliviously doing the opposite the whole time. But even her calling out Gary did nothing, considering Amy was the only other player to really even address the possibility?

While it was smart of her to not cause waves, which kept her around longer than the other guys in her minority alliance, I think that challenge advantage literally handed her the win. Feels a bit lackluster in the end.

Idk. Any woman that wins Survivor has my respect and I will probably like her more than I should, because it is SO tough for a woman to win for whatever reason. So that might be why I like people like Danni, Jenna Morasca, Natalie White, etc more than I should because it’s just impressive that they are winners :haha: 

13 minutes ago, #jeah said:

Rafe is the second best his season, after Stephme.  He can never be too high.

Just now, #jeah said:

Idk. Any woman that wins Survivor has my respect and I will probably like her more than I should, because it is SO tough for a woman to win for whatever reason. So that might be why I like people like Danni, Jenna Morasca, Natalie White, etc more than I should because it’s just impressive that they are winners :haha: 

Oh for sure! I definitely respect her as a winner because the show is always in favor of men - particularly white men. I just think my issue with the format of Survivor, but also what makes it very interesting is that playing the game super hard is often frowned upon in the end. 

At least in the three seasons I just binged, two of the winners were super lackluster and kind of floated along to the end. Just from my perception. I think I am more inclined to respect or support the player that really busted ass the entire time. That is why, despite finding him very boring as a person, I really respected Tom's win. I will always value a woman winning over a man, but he really controlled the game like a pro and beasted enough in competitions to keep his name out of the pool of contenders when necessary. I think he got lucky enough to have a group of jury members that respected his approach.

@Deeee go acknowledge my live posting of BC2019 because I need validation and attention.

Just now, Deeee said:

Oh for sure! I definitely respect her as a winner because the show is always in favor of men - particularly white men. I just think my issue with the format of Survivor, but also what makes it very interesting is that playing the game super hard is often frowned upon in the end. 

At least in the three seasons I just binged, two of the winners were super lackluster and kind of floated along to the end. Just from my perception. I think I am more inclined to respect or support the player that really busted ass the entire time. That is why, despite finding him very boring as a person, I really respected Tom's win. I will always value a woman winning over a man, but he really controlled the game like a pro and beasted enough in competitions to keep his name out of the pool of contenders when necessary. I think he got lucky enough to have a group of jury members that respected his approach.

Well the earlier seasons relied on the social aspect of the game which is why many of the winners before like, season 15 or so weren’t the biggest or most memorable characters. Then we had seasons like Micronesia that thrived because of blindsides and ~*~big moves~*~ which became even more prevalent in the 20s. So it kind of went from being mostly a social game to being about who can impress the jury the most. That’s why a lot of the older winners are forgettable or underwhelming. But I like really social winners because I find them charismatic and that’s more impressive than playing an idol, lol.

Danni's Guatemala game is topnotch even if I don't love her as a character. Overcoming the 5-1 deficit was impressive. Most impressive was somehow convincing Steph & Rafe to vote LYDIA out over her.

1 minute ago, Alex95 said:

Danni's Guatemala game is topnotch even if I don't love her as a character. Overcoming the 5-1 deficit was impressive. Most impressive was somehow convincing Steph & Rafe to vote LYDIA out over her.

I definitely think her outlasting the 5-1 deficit was very impressive, even if I feel Rafe initiated more of the moves that led to her survival over the others in the alliance. She definitely befriended the correct individual in the group. The Lydia maneuver was also slick, though I feel like Lydia's chances were unfairly discounted. Sure, she was never a physical threat. But she was so likable and trustworthy, I am inclined to believe she may have received votes from the jury who seemed very hellbent on rewarding the nicer player.

12 minutes ago, #jeah said:

Well the earlier seasons relied on the social aspect of the game which is why many of the winners before like, season 15 or so weren’t the biggest or most memorable characters. Then we had seasons like Micronesia that thrived because of blindsides and ~*~big moves~*~ which became even more prevalent in the 20s. So it kind of went from being mostly a social game to being about who can impress the jury the most. That’s why a lot of the older winners are forgettable or underwhelming. But I like really social winners because I find them charismatic and that’s more impressive than playing an idol, lol.

This is very interesting to know. I think I might be more partial to the ~dramatics~ of the later seasons, but I am sure the overcomplicating of the format will force me to appreciate the earlier seasons and those winners as well.

Just now, Deeee said:

I definitely think her outlasting the 5-1 deficit was very impressive, even if I feel Rafe initiated more of the moves that led to her survival over the others in the alliance. She definitely befriended the correct individual in the group. The Lydia maneuver was also slick, though I feel like Lydia's chances were unfairly discounted. Sure, she was never a physical threat. But she was so likable and trustworthy, I am inclined to believe she may have received votes from the jury who seemed very hellbent on rewarding the nicer player.

That should be a knock against Rafe, letting her get so far. The big move isn’t always the right move. Danni earned that immunity at the final six buying the advantage so that was all her. And beating Lydia was obviously all her as well. You could credit Rafe with the Jamie and Cindy blindsided I guess, but those were awful moves of him being emotional.

While Lydia most certainly could have beaten Rafe or Steph, Jim Lynch could’ve reentered the game at final three and also beaten them. The jury was literally the remnants of Danni’s alliance. There is no excuse for letting her get to the final three.

1 minute ago, Alex95 said:

That should be a knock against Rafe, letting her get so far. The big move isn’t always the right move. Danni earned that immunity at the final six buying the advantage so that was all her. And beating Lydia was obviously all her as well. You could credit Rafe with the Jamie and Cindy blindsided I guess, but those were awful moves of him being emotional.

While Lydia most certainly could have beaten Rafe or Steph, Jim Lynch could’ve reentered the game at final three and also beaten them. The jury was literally the remnants of Danni’s alliance. There is no excuse for letting her get to the final three.

I 100% agree. The entire time I was wondering when Rafe would be smart enough to remove Danni from the competition. Logically speaking, Danni had the votes of Bobby Jon and Gary before Final Tribal Council even began. There was already a two-vote deficit to work against. His gameplay was not intelligent, for sure. But I would be lying if I said he was less of a compelling player and character than Danni. Less intelligent? For sure. Why he ever though striking a Top Three deal with her was the right choice is beyond me. 

Danni most definitely earned the advantage fair and square. A serendipitous moment for sure. I guess my issue with crediting her in any major way was that she could have never known how crucial this advantage would be to her ultimate victory, so I don't want to credit her too much. But sacking Lydia was all her. 

He definitely played based on his emotions, which f*cked him over in the end. I mean, his own emotions caused him to basically tell Danni to weigh her options rather than bring him to the end without a thought.

Shane. Is. A. Mess.

Cirie trying not to kill him with his back-and-forth nonsense.

Shane was very amusing to watch! Him and Courtney are insane and it's fantastic.

Cirie: "Sue me." in regards to not having eaten sushi ❤️