idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
Deeee

Dee Watches Survivor (Currently On Samoa)

32 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Amazon :wub: 

It's way more glorious than my younger self could have ever appreciated. I am living. 🤎

8 minutes ago, Deeee said:

It's way more glorious than my younger self could have ever appreciated. I am living. 🤎

I told you! :wub: :wub: some of my all time faves are on Amazon

Jenna and Heidi are so in love with their bodies and being cute.

Joanna: "This too shall pass." :dead:

Take a shot every time Heidi calls herself a "cute little girl."

Deena forcing everybody to keep Shawna in the game :dead:

1 hour ago, Deeee said:

Amazon is one of the best seasons! ❤️

45 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Amazon is one of the best seasons! ❤️

It definitely will rival Borneo and Panama in my rankings!

Shawna just being hungry for d*ck the entire time :dead:

Rob saying his sex life is "mundane" :dead:

Roger snoring while they all swap sex stories and plan to vote him off :dead:

Posted (edited)

Twigs & Sticks :dead:

"No Jenna, I'm hungry. I would like some manioc." - Deena

"Screw you, you fat pig." - Jenna

The Amazon is the gift that keeps on giving!

Edited by Deeee

"Gnats are hanging out at his head like it's Studio 54." LOLOLOL.

Just now, Solaris said:

I love the Jenna and Heidi alliance

They are pretty funny together! A bit obnoxious, but great characters!

"The only spears I knew before this competition were Britney, broccoli, and asparagus." :lmao:

The gameplay this season has been so so good.

THOUGHTS ON SURVIVOR: THE AMAZON

Survivor.amazon.logo.png

The Amazon is an amazing season. Wow wow wow. Definitely a top-tier season. Very sexist and icky in the first half, but definitely a thrill ride from start to finish. This feels like the first season where strategic gameplay + masterminding big gameplay moves actually play a role in the story of the contestants. Mostly thanks to Rob C. and Deena, of course! Full of great blindsides, plenty of alliance flipping. Just really great gameplay.

Somehow the women vs. men theme worked very well! This theme usually fails on most shows in my opinion, but the cast was so solid on both sides that the format was successful. 

So many iconic moments:

#GranolaGate

#ThreesomeBathing

#ImmunityIdolsAreUnholy

#StripDownInTheAmazon

#CampFire

The list goes on and on. The season provided so many fabulous moments to laugh at, and the hilarious and quotable cast are to thank. 

Though I hated how hard Jeff + producers shoved showmance nonsense down our throats, complete will full-on sexist remarks and smarmy men, at least the season seemed to respect the women as fully-functioning, badass, strategical players. For the first time I feel. 

The Amazon plays out unpredictably, with a ton of laughs along the way. Just the perfect combination.

CAST RANKING

1. Rob Cesternino - Confessional King. Strategic Mastermind. Flirtatious Disaster. Self-Deprecating Assh*le. Shady Boots. The King of the Amazon. Yeah, there is zero question about who rules this season. What an iconic character from start to finish. What a glorious meteoric rise to the top and epic downfall right at the finish line. Rob C. is a phenomenal player + personality, and one of my favorite contestants so far. Rob C. absolutely is responsible for ushering in the hardcore strategy that is now characteristic of the series today.

2. Christy Smith - I was very surprised by how deep Christy went in the competition, and very surprised by how much I enjoyed her as a character. Christy absolutely forced me to check my biases. I think that I naturally assumed that because she is deaf, Christy would somehow play the role of the wallflower. But she was much different than I had ever expected her to be. Her entire journey on the show was fun to watch. Christy started the competition on uncomfortable footing, revealing to her tribe that she is deaf and essentially not being included in the group. Her integration into the group is really rough and hard to watch, and does not get any better when she essentially calls the entire tribe out for being completely lazy. She was correct. That same episode sees her fight with JoAnna over the belief that the Immunity idol is unholy. LOL. By the second episode, Christy had proven completely confrontational and much more assertive than I had wrongfully assumed she would be. Christy was a source of conflict, which made her so interesting. What an awesome surprise and a great reminder to check myself. I really appreciated that the producers portrayed a much more wholistic view of her as a person, instead of focusing on just her deafness. But she did not seem like she was long for the competition, since the women were not including her much and her personality was not meshing well with the tribe, clearly. I was really invested in watching Christy avoid being a target, and somehow ended up in a swing vote position on a few different occasions. Her swing vote helped out JoAnna from the game. Her swing vote helped out Alex from the game in a blindside. She found herself with that power one more time, in a pivotal moment in the game. I really wish Christy had just picked a side because she honestly had the endgame in her hands! It is one of the most interesting game blunders that has happened thus far! Why did she not just invest in a side?! Her vote-out results in that hilarious moment where she refers to Jenna and Heidi as her "Evil Stepsisters" and she refuses to help either of them win the competition with her vote. Then she grills Jenna over her stupid comment that she came into the game with a handicap, which she of course conveniently forgot. I just loved Christy! Her gameplay was fun to watch. Her intolerance for Jenna and Heidi was funny. Her ability to go toe-to-toe with people was an awesome surprise. And then she voted for Jenna because she liked the story of a woman playing beside her from day one fighting her way to the end. What a solid individual! My favorite moment definitely has to be when she goes off on her own to read a letter from her friend, and she reminds us that though people see her differently, we are all very different from her perspective as well. Awesome contestant.

3. Deena Bennett - WOMAN POWER. I really appreciated the hell out of Deena's ballsy gameplay. I think she had the game in the palms of her hand, but became way too overzealous and loud with her gameplay. But I loved how this District Attorney decided that if the Jaburu tribe really wanted her to lead, she would take the bull by the horns and make the game her own. Deena successfully outed JoAnna, Shawna, Roger, and Dave from the game. A solid tribe leader that smartly realizes that she can control the trio of Jenna/Heidi/Shawna much more easily than the older women on their tribe, and uses them to do her bidding. Awesome stuff. Deena is funny, tough, strong, and takes no sh*t. I really appreciated her putting Roger in his place and blindsiding the hell out of him. What makes her gameplay fascinating is just how quickly she is ready to abandon her alliance and vote out whoever she sees as a physical threat. Instead of playing a far more low-key game and riding the numbers as far as she can, her hubris gets the best of her. One of my favorites of the season. 

4. Jenna Morasca - Let me start this off by saying that I thoroughly disliked Jenna as a person. Thoroughly. I thought she was fatphobic, rude as f*ck, exclusive of Christy, spoiled, vapid, bratty, lazy, and genuinely unlikable. A horrible personality. The crying at the auction for a letter made me roll my eyes at her and the way she talked about Christy afterwards made me actively dislike her. However, she was a solid contestant. Jenna formed a fast and quick friendship with Heidi, which led to some fabulous moments. Stripping for chocolate and peanut butter. Bathing together in the nude. Flirting with the men to distract them and earn their favor. Her loyalty to Heidi is a focus point of the season, and is actually a major factor in her winning the season. So why does Jenna fall this low in my ranking despite being the winner? Well. I just do not think she was that incredible of a player. IDK. I feel conflicted about her win. Overall, Jenna did well. But she won the season based solely on popularity, rather than solid gameplay. Just from my perspective, Jenna almost never called the shots or controlled the game. While part of the original Jaburu, she most definitely controlled zero of what went down. Though she and Heidi proposed the alliance to Deena, which was a smart decision, Deena herself ended up running that team. Janet went home because of #GranolaGate and JoAnna went home because Deena deemed her a threat. Jenna then made a poor gameplay decision and revealed the entire inner-workings of the Jaburu tribe and lost Heidi to Tambaqui as a result. On the new Jaburu, the decision to vote off Shawna came from Rob. Post-merge occurs and she is still not running the show. Roger and Dave were eliminated because of Deena. The elimination of Deena is the first time that Jenna feels like a pivotal player, but Heidi is the person that revealed the news to Jenna of the plot to out Alex. Rob is the swing vote in deciding to out Deena who is too in control of the game at that point. So Jenna once again did not mastermind anything. Of course she ends up in a precarious position once Rob flips on the alliance and votes out Alex. Now the underdog, Jenna + Heidi attempt to convert Christy and tie up the vote and stand a chance at surviving. Except Christy could not pick a side and Rob decided to boot her from the competition, which means that Jenna once again failed to make a solid move in this game. The first time she genuinely impressed me was when she played up her desire to want out of the competition. At least I think she played up her condition so that the men would vote out Heidi instead. Even if she was completely annoying about the living conditions + her desire to leave the game, at least she preserved herself for one more week in the competition. With her back against the wall, she won the Final Four immunity! Except the smart decision would have been to go for Rob or Matthew, I know that she wanted to avoid a tie and keep Matthew's promise for final two in her back pocket. Smart decision. Jenna clutched that solid Final Three immunity, smartly avoiding Rob's offer and booting him from the game! Her shining moment finally happened! She delivered a solid performance at Final Tribal Council and earned six out of the seven jury votes. A solidly deserving winner, but an underwhelming one in my opinion. I think Jenna was smart in her decision to stay loyal in most cases, which kept her popular among most of the jury members. But I do not think she played some wonderful game that earned her a decisive win. She was well-liked and that happened to be enough to earn her the win. She is also the very first player to ever give away Immunity, so she earns extra points! I guess I should mention the motivation that is her mother, who is fighting cancer while Jenna is on the show. This makes her a more layered competitor for sure, but she outweighs the positives of her character with the negatives.

5. Heidi Strobel - I will also start this off by saying that Heidi is also extremely unlikable. Very fatphobic, very ageist, exclusive of Christy, vapid, and obnoxious. However, Heidi was also way more LULZY than her counterpart Jenna and provided me with a lot of funny confessionals + moments. "I am really in, just, a rock and a hard stone." LOL. Or her asking Jenna and Matthew her question at Final Tribal Council and not being satisfied with their correct answers, and trying to continue. But Jeff has to send her away. Again, the iconic moment where she strips with Jenna for chocolate and peanut butter. She constantly refers to herself as a cute little girl with a nice body, which gets old really quickly, but also shows just how much she loves herself. Her insistence that in this game she has her "athletic ability and intelligence." Except she most definitely flirts for attention and uses this to her advantage to sway the men in her favor. Though I guess that is using her intelligence! LOL. You could tell just how much she wanted to be teamed up with men and not "old women" that just criticize her body and what she wears. But her partnership with Jenna is a major focal point of the season, and she definitely is a key player. Heidi helps to align the younger women with Deena, which is key in their survival until the merge. She keeps herself alive by aligning with Dave and turning on the women of Tambaqui. Her shining moment is revealing Deena's plan to Alex and Jenna, resulting in her blindside elimination. She ends up an underdog after the Alex blindside, and furiously fights with Rob. She smartly tried to lobby with Christy to tie up the vote, but is saved by Jenna + Rob. Heidi is the next target at Final Five, and her failure to win Immunity basically seals her fate. I was really interested in watching her throw Jenna under the bus for her own survival, and she kind of tried to do that? But not really. Though I guess her story was the loyalty she had to Jenna, which was a constant throughout the season. She cried for Jenna. She fought for Jenna. I wish she had put herself first a bit more, but she played a good game. 

6. Matthew von Ertfelda - I feel like he was super underrated and undervalued by the contestants of his season. In all honesty, I feel like he played a solid game, but lost due to popularity rather than actual gameplay assessment. Maybe that is an unpopular opinion, but I do not think he played the game that much worse than Jenna. His major weakness was definitely developing relationships with his fellow castmates, which is obviously a huge part of the game. His lack of close-knit relationships with most of the jury allowed Jenna to receive far more votes than she probably deserved. He played a solid strategic game in my opinion, but just lacked in the social area. Probably because he scared everybody with his performance as a possible psychotic and murderous individual. LOL. You have to love Matthew going all Jason Voorhees and sharpening the machete for hours on end, which is my favorite moment of the season. Easily. I just thought his creepy act was hilarious. Matthew was a clear physical threat in the competition and kicked ass at camp. His work ethic is seriously the best I have seen thus far. He was genuinely good to people and played a mostly dignified game. My major complaint is that he was a puppet in Rob's game and was mostly a non-strategic player at the beginning of the game. I liked Matt, and felt pretty bad that he knew he lost the game simply based on the close relationships Jenna had with the jury members, rather than Jenna being a far better player than he was.

7. Alex Bell - Cute guy defends the gays against homophobia? Yay! Alex is a sweet guy, and despite being a flirt, he is definitely the least icky of all of the Tambaqui men on the prowl. Alex is actually not that interest of a player either to be honest. At least, Alex is not an important player until post-merge. Pre-merge Alex is only interesting for his budding romance with Shawna that reinvigorates her, but she is quickly disposed of that very same episode. Interestingly enough, Alex's downfall in the game seemed to be his tendency to jump-the-gun and reveal his votes publicly before strategizing had ended. The first time he did this was when he revealed with Shawna that they would be voting for Matthew, which led to Rob rallying the troops and booting Shawna instead. The merge happened and Alex was clearly in support of voting out Roger, which everybody else had planned to do anyways. He forms an alliance with Rob, Heidi, and Jenna, and the four of them act like entitled brats. LOL. Alex was on the chopping block because Deena thought he was a physical threat, but Heidi saved him by revealing the plan. Then Alex made the crucial mistake of revealing his plans publicly once more, and comfortably told Rob that he is at the bottom of the Youth Alliance totem pole. Rob rallies the troops again, and blindsides Alex. He is a nice, attractive guy that defends the gays! But he is far more interesting for his circumstances than he is as a character. There is a brief moment where he tries to come for Matt on the reunion and explain how he knew that Matt was weird, but could not get to the point. LOL.

8. Butch Lockley - Default placement. Butch is a pretty boring character overall, but we get to see a lot of him based on how far he advances in the competition. While on Tambaqui, Butch was in the majority alliance, but was in the background. Honestly, I feel like we saw very little of Butch in the competition pre-swap. Most of what we saw of Butch were sweet or funny moments that were completely unrelated to the game. Did he ever talk about the game? LOL. Butch worked his ass off at camp. Butch was really sweet to Christy and made sure that she was included in conversations and was heard, which was awesome. Butch was bitten by a dead piranha. Butch got very drunk, fell down, threw up at camp, and maybe defecated himself? LOL. A branch almost killed Butch during Final Tribal. Butch was hellbent on collecting as much firewood as possible, and was quite possibly responsible for burning the camp down? LOL. Despite making the Final Four, Butch was a very boring player. He almost seemed non-existent when it came to the game itself, and never seemed to be a strategical player. For that he cannot rank any higher than this.

9. JoAnna Ward - "HAAAALLLLEELUUUJAHHHH!!!!!" Hilarious side character, even if I cannot stand her! LOL. Her not wanting to touch the Immunity Idol or bring it back to camp, since she is a Christian and lives by the 10 Commandments. Her blaming the storms at camp on the Immunity Idol. JoAnna being the one person to not think twice about fighting with Christy and even putting her hand in her face. Such devout, ridiculous nonsense, but she was low-key hilarious to watch. JoAnna kicked ass in the challenges and at camp, and was such a threat that she was voted out pretty early. But at least we have multiple moments of her reciting Biblical quotes, singing the same one word over and over again, or telling the cute girls that "this too shall pass." LOL.

10. Shawna Mitchell - LOLOLOLOL @ the people she befriended forcing her to stay in the competition against her wil. LOLOLOL @ her being completely miserable until she gets some d*ck in her camp. Shawna had a memorable short-run on the show, even if her importance is completely unrelated to actually playing the game. In fact, she did the opposite of playing the game, threatening to quit and having a full-on breakdown. But her spirits were lifted by the arrival of Alex to her tribe. Hilarious. Except she was voted off as Rob's first victim, since she declared that she would be voting for Matthew.

11. Jeanne Hebert - She had a very strong personality. LOL. I love that she clowned Jenna and Heidi at the reunion though! She had her moments on the show, including her funny moments while fishing + working at camp with JoAnna, as well as her forcefully calling a team meeting and waking up Shawna in the process. Or her blaming Janet for the granola bar. Other than those few moments though, Jeanne did not add much to the show overall.

12. Dave Johnson - The cute rocket scientist played a very confident and cocky game, which ultimately bit him in the ass. I started to appreciate him in the first episode, after he asked the men to tone down their egos because he did not want any parts of that poor behavior. But he was a pretty boring contestant overall? He definitely found himself in the majority alliance on the Tambaqui tribe, both pre-swap and post-swap. Dave made a pretty smart decision to break-up the the Jenna/Heidi alliance at the summit. Dave successfully convinced Heidi to flip and vote out Jeanne to keep the numbers in his favor. But his issue was not understanding how the game was changing behind his back. Despite being very book smart, Dave was not intelligent with the social aspect of this game post-merge, and his physical prowess led to the blindside of his alliance with Roger + his swift elimination.

13. Janet Koth - #GranolaGate. I low-key love that Janet refused to go down as the culprit of #GranolaGate. LOL. Her first episode she is sick and miserable. Her second episode she is blamed for smuggling and then voted out. Really fun two-episode stint!

14. Daniel Lue - EWW. Daniel really proved to be one of the biggest sexist pigs of the season, and he showed his ass before the marooning had even begun. His nasty attitudes towards women continued for his three-episode stint on the show, and his laziness did not help my opinions of him! His attempts at flirting might have been the most obnoxious, but at least he was booted early for being lazy + terrible at challenges. He almost had a moment when discussing that being Asian was of course going to hurt him in the competition, but the rest of the men quickly shut that down. Whatever. Brownie points for at least trying to out Roger before his elimination.

15. Ryan Aiken - Attractive kid that thought he was going to get much further than he did. LOL. Brownie points for at least trying to out Roger before his elimination.

16. Roger Sexton - Homosexuality is unnatural, but so is your over-the-top arrogance that got you blindsided epically by Deena. F*ck off. 

MY FAVORITE MOMENT

tumblr_n3dxekEw7m1sqbiv1o2_250.gif

SEASON RANKING

1. Borneo

2. Panama - Exile Island

3. China

4. The Amazon

5. Palau

6. Vanuatu

7. Africa

8. Guatemala

9. The Australian Outback

10. Cook Islands

11. Marquesas

12. Fiji

13. Thailand

WINNER RANKING

1. Richard Hatch

2. Todd Herzog

3. Yul Kwon

4. Aras Baskauskas

5. Tom Westman

6. Tina Wesson

7. Danni Boatwright

8. Jenna Morasca

9. Vecepia Towery

10. Ethan Zohn

11. Chris Daugherty

12. Earl Cole

13. Brian Heidik

Posted (edited)

Fun fact.  Heidi has the highest IQ of her season and one of the highest from survivor.

Edited by Solaris
  • Like 1

Just now, Solaris said:

Fun fact.  For a long time Heidi had the highest IQ of any survivor player.  

I know! I found that to be a really cool tidbit of info that Jeff dropped on the reunion.

1 minute ago, Deeee said:

I know! I found that to be a really cool tidbit of info that Jeff dropped on the reunion.

i changed my comment.  But the point stands.  

2 minutes ago, Solaris said:

i changed my comment.  But the point stands.  

She struck me as intelligent the whole time, so I was not shocked by his reveal. But I found it funny because I think it was meant to juxtapose how she often appeared "ditzy" during the season.

I forgot how badass Sandra is the entire time she is bargaining and bartering in the village. Her scoring an entire grill of chicken + condiments. LOL.

The village woman having a lesbian crush on Trish and wanting to pluck her eyeballs out of her head.

Tijuana being a horrible person and trying to steal a pot.

Rupert being...Rupert.

Lillian not-stop talking about Scouts. LOL.

Pearl Islands 🤎

I mean Heidi had many ditzy moments, can't fake those.  But from my understanding she actually had strategic game the editors showed. Who really knows though.  Rob, Jenna, Heidi and Deena were the best part of the season.

Just now, Solaris said:

I mean Heidi had many ditzy moments, can't fake those.  But from my understanding she actually had strategic game the editors showed. Who really knows though.  Rob, Jenna, Heidi and Deena were the best part of the season.

Along with Christy, those four are definitely the best parts of the season.

20 minutes ago, Solaris said:

Fun fact.  Heidi has the highest IQ of her season and one of the highest from survivor.

19 minutes ago, Deeee said:

Rob C. actually said Jeff was lying about that. He saw the sheet with everyone's IQs and Heidi's was one of the lowest.

Just now, Elliott said:

Rob C. actually said Jeff was lying about that. He saw the sheet with everyone's IQs and Heidi's was one of the lowest.

LOL. No way?!?!