Jump to content
idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
Deeee

Dee Watches Survivor (Currently On Samoa)

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Alex95 said:

Bobby Jon Drinkard over legends Ian and Katie????

giphy.gif


Ian and Katie are far more important and legendary of course. Or I would assume. But I really enjoyed watching Stephenie and Bobby Jon and their journey on Ulong. 
 

I even said I probably ranked him too high. LOL. What about my Top 4??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Deeee said:


Ian and Katie are far more important and legendary of course. Or I would assume. But I really enjoyed watching Stephenie and Bobby Jon and their journey on Ulong. 
 

I even said I probably ranked him too high. LOL. What about my Top 4??

I stan Coby & Janu so I agree with you there. Stepheme (not a typo).............you've got a journey ahead of you that's all I'm gonna say lol.

 

Palau is a great season on first viewing, but decreased for me on second viewing. The novelty of the Koror steamroll doesn't hold up when you know it's coming. And I personally found the Koror dynamics much more interesting than the Ulong dynamics (which were rendered pointless by them getting steamrolled) so waiting 7 or 8 episodes for them to start playing the game was a bit torturous. But I was pretty #shook on first watch and enjoyed it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Y'all already spoiling the Stepheme name, smh.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Deeee One thing to note. The reason Tom had such a dominant/heroic edit is because he was a 9/11 First Responder and Palau aired only a few years after that. His entire reasoning for wanting to win at all costs was because he saw his colleagues already start to suffer health issues from being inside the twin terrors, and wanted the money for his family because he thought he could die at any moment.

 

From what I've seen, he's been having some health issues the past few years, but he seems to be doing better for the time being.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stephenie's my #1 from Palau, too. ❤️ But she was most people's #1 after the season finished. I remember CBS did some poll during the summer after Palau aired, and she won "Favourite Female Castaway" with over 90% of the vote. :haha:

 

Angie and Ian wound wound out my Top 3, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Katie's jury performance :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: 

 

SO BAD. SO SO BAD. :dead:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

I stan Coby & Janu so I agree with you there. Stepheme (not a typo).............you've got a journey ahead of you that's all I'm gonna say lol.

 

Palau is a great season on first viewing, but decreased for me on second viewing. The novelty of the Koror steamroll doesn't hold up when you know it's coming. And I personally found the Koror dynamics much more interesting than the Ulong dynamics (which were rendered pointless by them getting steamrolled) so waiting 7 or 8 episodes for them to start playing the game was a bit torturous. But I was pretty #shook on first watch and enjoyed it.

 

I'm excited/nervous now. LOL.

 

I definitely do not think that a second viewing of this season is very wise, considering the Koror steamroll is probably way more effective as a surprise. I did not enjoy the Koror dynamics much, since even they admitted that gameplay was minimal since all they ever did was win. 

 

Am I the only Caryn stan? LOL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Deeee said:

 

I'm excited/nervous now. LOL.

 

I definitely do not think that a second viewing of this season is very wise, considering the Koror steamroll is probably way more effective as a surprise. I did not enjoy the Koror dynamics much, since even they admitted that gameplay was minimal since all they ever did was win. 

 

Am I the only Caryn stan? LOL.

I like Caryn! I wouldn't consider myself a stan. Tbh her killing the final seven move, while hilarious because it was rooted in Katie loathing, was just soooooooo frustrating it's hard for me to forgive it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Elliott said:

@Deeee One thing to note. The reason Tom had such a dominant/heroic edit is because he was a 9/11 First Responder and Palau aired only a few years after that. His entire reasoning for wanting to win at all costs was because he saw his colleagues already start to suffer health issues from being inside the twin terrors, and wanted the money for his family because he thought he could die at any moment.

 

From what I've seen, he's been having some health issues the past few years, but he seems to be doing better for the time being.

 

Ugh. 💔

 

So weird that I did not put two-and-two together the whole time I watched the show, seeing as though he's from NYC and a firefighter. I am glad he seems to be doing better for now, but the long-term health effects of 9/11 are huge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Deeee said:

Am I the only Caryn stan? LOL.

Yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Alex95 said:

I like Caryn! I wouldn't consider myself a stan. Tbh her killing the final seven move, while hilarious because it was rooted in Katie loathing, was just soooooooo frustrating it's hard for me to forgive it.

 

Agreed. I really hated that she failed to capitalize on a potential Ian/Tom blindside all because she hates Katie. But her hatred of Katie and her performance at the Final Five Tribal Council are iconic. :lmao:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Elliott said:

Yes.

 

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am now starting Guatemala!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Deeee said:

I am now starting Guatemala!

here we go batman GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Elliott said:

here we go batman GIF

 

No more negativity from you regarding Caryn Groedel. K THX.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Ian 2. Katie 3. Tom 4. Janu something something 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Deeee said:

No more negativity from you regarding Caryn Groedel. K THX.

LOL I don't hate her. :dead: I'm just not a stan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Deeee said:

I am now starting Guatemala!

One of my favorites! Almost everyone on that cast is delightful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, #jeah said:

1. Ian 2. Katie 3. Tom 4. Janu something something 

 

Does everybody enjoy Katie for the LULZ? I understand her importance as a character, but I just do not see the likability?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, #jeah said:

One of my favorites! Almost everyone on that cast is delightful

 

That is good to know!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guatemala's Fine. That's the review.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Alex95 said:

 

 

Such a funny moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Alex95 said:

Guatemala's Fine. That's the review.

 

OOOOP....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...