idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
Deeee

Dee Watches Survivor (Currently On Samoa)

1 minute ago, Alex95 said:

Bobby Jon Drinkard over legends Ian and Katie????

giphy.gif

Ian and Katie are far more important and legendary of course. Or I would assume. But I really enjoyed watching Stephenie and Bobby Jon and their journey on Ulong. 

I even said I probably ranked him too high. LOL. What about my Top 4??

7 minutes ago, Deeee said:

Ian and Katie are far more important and legendary of course. Or I would assume. But I really enjoyed watching Stephenie and Bobby Jon and their journey on Ulong. 

I even said I probably ranked him too high. LOL. What about my Top 4??

I stan Coby & Janu so I agree with you there. Stepheme (not a typo).............you've got a journey ahead of you that's all I'm gonna say lol.

Palau is a great season on first viewing, but decreased for me on second viewing. The novelty of the Koror steamroll doesn't hold up when you know it's coming. And I personally found the Koror dynamics much more interesting than the Ulong dynamics (which were rendered pointless by them getting steamrolled) so waiting 7 or 8 episodes for them to start playing the game was a bit torturous. But I was pretty #shook on first watch and enjoyed it.

Y'all already spoiling the Stepheme name, smh.

• Confused 1

@Deeee One thing to note. The reason Tom had such a dominant/heroic edit is because he was a 9/11 First Responder and Palau aired only a few years after that. His entire reasoning for wanting to win at all costs was because he saw his colleagues already start to suffer health issues from being inside the twin terrors, and wanted the money for his family because he thought he could die at any moment.

From what I've seen, he's been having some health issues the past few years, but he seems to be doing better for the time being.

Stephenie's my #1 from Palau, too. ❤️ But she was most people's #1 after the season finished. I remember CBS did some poll during the summer after Palau aired, and she won "Favourite Female Castaway" with over 90% of the vote. :haha:

Angie and Ian wound wound out my Top 3, though.

17 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Katie's jury performance :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: 

SO BAD. SO SO BAD. :dead:

21 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

I stan Coby & Janu so I agree with you there. Stepheme (not a typo).............you've got a journey ahead of you that's all I'm gonna say lol.

Palau is a great season on first viewing, but decreased for me on second viewing. The novelty of the Koror steamroll doesn't hold up when you know it's coming. And I personally found the Koror dynamics much more interesting than the Ulong dynamics (which were rendered pointless by them getting steamrolled) so waiting 7 or 8 episodes for them to start playing the game was a bit torturous. But I was pretty #shook on first watch and enjoyed it.

I'm excited/nervous now. LOL.

I definitely do not think that a second viewing of this season is very wise, considering the Koror steamroll is probably way more effective as a surprise. I did not enjoy the Koror dynamics much, since even they admitted that gameplay was minimal since all they ever did was win. 

Am I the only Caryn stan? LOL.

Just now, Deeee said:

I'm excited/nervous now. LOL.

I definitely do not think that a second viewing of this season is very wise, considering the Koror steamroll is probably way more effective as a surprise. I did not enjoy the Koror dynamics much, since even they admitted that gameplay was minimal since all they ever did was win. 

I like Caryn! I wouldn't consider myself a stan. Tbh her killing the final seven move, while hilarious because it was rooted in Katie loathing, was just soooooooo frustrating it's hard for me to forgive it.

22 minutes ago, Elliott said:

@Deeee One thing to note. The reason Tom had such a dominant/heroic edit is because he was a 9/11 First Responder and Palau aired only a few years after that. His entire reasoning for wanting to win at all costs was because he saw his colleagues already start to suffer health issues from being inside the twin terrors, and wanted the money for his family because he thought he could die at any moment.

From what I've seen, he's been having some health issues the past few years, but he seems to be doing better for the time being.

Ugh. 💔

So weird that I did not put two-and-two together the whole time I watched the show, seeing as though he's from NYC and a firefighter. I am glad he seems to be doing better for now, but the long-term health effects of 9/11 are huge.

2 minutes ago, Deeee said:

Yes.

Just now, Alex95 said:

I like Caryn! I wouldn't consider myself a stan. Tbh her killing the final seven move, while hilarious because it was rooted in Katie loathing, was just soooooooo frustrating it's hard for me to forgive it.

Agreed. I really hated that she failed to capitalize on a potential Ian/Tom blindside all because she hates Katie. But her hatred of Katie and her performance at the Final Five Tribal Council are iconic. :lmao:

Just now, Elliott said:

Yes.

giphy.gif

I am now starting Guatemala!

Just now, Deeee said:

here we go batman GIF

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

here we go batman GIF

No more negativity from you regarding Caryn Groedel. K THX.

1. Ian 2. Katie 3. Tom 4. Janu something something 

Just now, Deeee said:

No more negativity from you regarding Caryn Groedel. K THX.

LOL I don't hate her. :dead: I'm just not a stan.

3 minutes ago, Deeee said:

One of my favorites! Almost everyone on that cast is delightful

Just now, #jeah said:

1. Ian 2. Katie 3. Tom 4. Janu something something 

Does everybody enjoy Katie for the LULZ? I understand her importance as a character, but I just do not see the likability?

Just now, #jeah said:

One of my favorites! Almost everyone on that cast is delightful

That is good to know!

Guatemala's Fine. That's the review.

• Haha 1

Just now, Alex95 said:

Such a funny moment.

Just now, Alex95 said:

Guatemala's Fine. That's the review.

OOOOP....