Dee Watches Survivor (Currently On Kaoh Rong)

Deeee

10 hours ago, Deeee said:

Remember when Amanda was a bore for all of China and production did not lose her number afterwards? 

Amanda was the original Dua Lipa “go on girl you give us nothing :wub:” meme 

• Haha 1

Blandmanada ❤️. Her lack of emotion lowkey works for me.

HVV!Amanda is oddly my favorite version of hers even though it’s her worst gameplay. The cat fight with Danielle is amazing and her awful “You should use the idol on yourself Parvati 😐“ play kills me :dead:  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Amanda has a lot of stans but I never got the appeal.

She does? :huh:

I know she's turned into a meme at the Survivor reddit, but I don't think many people are ride-or-die or her. :haha:

Though I definitely think she deserves her dues for playing 108 days before finally being voted out.
Edited by Elliott

31 minutes ago, Elliott said:

She does? :huh:

I know she's turned into a meme at the Survivor reddit, but I don't think many people are ride-or-die or her. :haha:

Reveal hidden contents

Though I definitely think she deserves her dues for playing 108 days before finally being voted out.

Yeah she does, not so much here but other places that I have been she was amongst a lot of peoples favorites. Maybe that has died down since she hasn't played in a long time but she use to be very popular at least. I never had anything against her she was fine and definitely did a lot of things well but just was never someone I stanned.

THOUGHTS ON SURVIVOR: CHINA

Survivor_China_Official_Logo.jpg

Still a phenomenal season. Time has not weathered this season at all, but time has changed my opinion on Todd specifically! I did not remember him being so b*tchy and paranoid, but I also do not remember him being such a solid player and winner. Very nice to have a different experience with this second viewing. Courtney Yates is still an icon. I still love her rivalry with Jean-Robert. She still makes me laugh. Peih-Gee is still an iconic underdog and fabulous game-player + personality. Jean-Robert is still an obnoxious individual, but necessary antagonist of the season. James still has one of the most interesting blunders in the history of the show. Amanda was a borefest, but played an incredible game, her choking at Final Tribal Council is still hilarious/embarrassing. Jaime thinking she was successfully playing an Immunity Idol is so fun. Just a solid season that returned to the basics at just the right time.

CAST RANKING

1. Courtney Yates - Icon. Enough said. The snarkiest queen. 👑

2. Peih-Gee Law - An amazing underdog with a great storyline. Peih-Gee started the competition as the annoying wannabe leader, always bugging everybody on Zhan Hu. But I loved her commitment to not only the game, but the experience. And you could see just how special being in China was for her, especially fresh off the heels of the sad passing of her grandfather. Peih-Gee played the game hard and smartly decided to throw the challenges after the tribe switch in order to keep a balance between the two tribes come time for the merge. Peih-Gee unfortunately realized that Sherea and Frosti were no longer her numbers. But a few clutch reward and immunity challenge wins kept her afloat in the competition, even beyond Jean-Robert and James. Peih-Gee smartly tried to force a blindside on James as well, even though that was already in the works. A real underdog story with a great fighting spirit.

3. Todd Herzog - What an awesome winner. I never really cared for him before my rewatch, but I have come to love him as a winner this time. Todd was an evil mastermind that truly played the game hard from day one. Todd formed an impenetrable alliance with the right people to serve himself and advance as deeply as he could. Todd spearheaded pretty much every major move in the competition: finding the Immunity Idol and giving it to James to keep him alive in the game, blindsiding Jean-Robert, planting the idea of blindsiding James in Amanda's head, splitting up Courtney and Frosti. Todd knew how to talk himself out of every situation, and despite being a very clear snake in the grass, he stayed in the good graces of his closest allies when he needed to most. His performance at Final Tribal Council is incredibly good. As a person, I never remember Todd being so b*tchy and paranoid! He was a snippy little narrator too. Solid competitor and deserving winner.

4. James Clement - James is a really fun character! Hot body. Nice butt. Funny in confessionals. Beast in the competitions. A great narrator. James is also responsible for one of the greatest blunders - not using his two Immunity Idols to keep himself until the top five! James was too easily convinced of his position in the competition to see that the smart thing to do would be to...ensure his safety? LOL. Still an awesome guy that player a great game until he was outsmarted by his alliance members. He is also the reason we had the amazing fake Immunity Idol moment with Jaime. 

5. Sherea Lloyd - I love her so much. LOL. She read Dave and Jean-Robert to filth. From the moment she entered the competition wearing a dress and heels, I know she was that girl. I love how she knew she was lazy at camp, and decided to compensate for her laziness by being a flawless physical competitor. I would not mess with her whatsoever. Just a really fun character that I wish we saw more of this season.

6. Jean-Robert Bellande - Insufferable and unendurable, but a needed character this season. Not as horrendous as I remember him being all those years ago, but still a smarmy d*uche. I still love absolutely everybody hating him and reading him for filth given the opportunity. Even Denise gave him sh*t. Jean-Robert is way less harmless than I remember him being, and is kind of unintentionally hilarious for being so disregarded by everybody on Fei Long. I love that he really tried to convince others that he was some changed individual, after his constant laziness, moaning, unwanted cuddles, and comments of superiority. He really thought being a poker player would really give him an advantage. LOL. His feud with Courtney is fun, Sherea reading him for filth is fun. Solid character.

7. Dave Cruser - What a lunatic. LOL. The way he drove everybody on Zhan Hu absolutely crazy. His fights with Sherea were intense. He was randomly diving into the water from the cliff, stripping naked during the pirate ship reward challenge, trying to steal the shells away from Sherea, getting into it with Ashley at camp and at tribal. Smug as f*ck. Dave really thought he was a natural-born leader that could carry the tribe to success, and instead he ran it into the ground. This made him such a fun character to snark on and hate. Constantly in the wrong, and so delusional about just how wrong he was the entire time.

8. Amanda Kimmel - So boring. I was never a huge fan of hers, but revisiting the season really highlighted what a bore she was for the entire 39 days she spent in China. LOL. Did she play an incredible game? For sure. She definitely impacted the game in a huge way, but she added nothing to the show? IDK. Very contradictory statements, but both so true. I think the most we ever got out of Amanda were her complaints about Todd and Courtney being negative after receiving reward, bonding with Peih-Gee randomly, and constantly contemplating siding with Denise to vote out Todd but never having the guts to do so. Sweet, totally solid player, inoffensive, but boring. And I still cannot believe her decision to keep Todd, what a dumb move. She was a very frustrating player.

9. Denise Martin - The lunch lady. I remember caring more about her the first time I watched China than I did this time. I think I just felt for her story in the past, her desire to win the money for her family so that she did not have to be stuck doing the same thing for the rest of her life. Denise is a likable individual, just a boring one that did absolutely nothing for the entire game. Denise acted as a pawn for Todd and Amanda the entire competition. Simply floated and coasted to the final four without ever offering anything of value. Definitely would have been in her best interest to join forces with Peih-Gee. 

10. Michael "Frosti" Zernow - Such a sweet guy and a lovable personality. I still crack up when he tries to interfere with Todd and Amanda discovering the Immunity Idol, and somehow landing himself in the good graces of the majority alliance for some time. He had his cute little romance with Courtney. Solid competitor. Cool guy. Still hate the nickname.

11. Jaime Dugan - LOL. Jaime seemed like a smart player to be honest. I think if she had the numbers on her side, she would be a much more interesting character and competitor. I love when she hilariously and very obviously threw the challenge to get rid of Aaron, and could not even contain her laughter back at camp. She was dastardly enough to search for the Immunity Idols hiding among James' personal possessions. One of the best moments of the season is her truly believing she was about to turn the game on its head, only to be told she did not find the real idol. She formed her relationship with Erik. IDK. Not a bad side-character, but a bit on the obnoxious side.

12. Ashley Massaro - RIP BEAUTIFUL. Her time on the show is far more memorable than I remembered! From being a fish out of water upon arrival in those boots and fishnets, to being questionably sick, to bickering with Chicken, to her pretty intense feud with Dave, to physically wrestling with Jean-Robert and holding on to his pants while mud wrestling, to calling Dave "Zoolander" at tribal. LOL. Ashley delivered some gems tbh.

13. Aaron Reisberger - Really hot. But also kind of boring. At least he feuded with Jean-Robert at Fei Long camp. He is more interesting for his circumstances than his personality. The twist of the tribe switch really screwed him out of a successful run on the show.

14. Leslie Nease - Bless her she was never cut out for this show. That was very apparent, very early. I mean...she could not even handle the welcome ceremony. Leslie being disgusted by Jean-Robert trying to cuddle is still hilarious. Her crying for the Bible and spreading all of the Fei Long team dynamic gossip...even the minor characters have moments to appreciate.

15. Erik Huffman - What a boring guy. Honestly. Especially for somebody that advanced so far in the season. I do not remember him being so boring! A sweet, nice guy. Honestly. But very boring. I think his biggest moment is revealing that he is a virgin. Or finding love with Jaime.

16. Steve "Chicken" Morris - LOL @ how annoying and obnoxious he was at camp. I still LOL at him randomly screaming when he was eliminated and scaring the sh*t out of Ashley and Sherea. The guy had zero social skills.

MY FAVORITE MOMENT

11_800.gif

SEASON RANKING

1. Panama - Exile Island

2. China

3. Palau

4. Vanuatu

5. Guatemala

6. Cook Islands

7. Fiji

@#jeah @Elliott @Zoey0069 @Alex95 @Solaris

China thoughts up. Okay everybody. I have decided to return to the glory days of the first eight seasons so that I can truly enjoy Micronesia in all of its glory. IDK how many contestants from this period of the show return, if any at all, but I would rather have everything fresh in my mind to better assess the return seasons of everybody.

Now on Borneo, which is such a blast from the past and always an incredible season.

Edited by Deeee

Jamie is way too low imo but I definitely agree with your top 3, though I’d probably switch Todd and Peih-Gee’s placement. China is still my favorite season of all time just because of how fun it is from start to finish...other strong seasons seem to have some dull episodes here and there but China never lets off full throttle and that’s why I love it.

1 hour ago, #jeah said:

Jamie is way too low imo but I definitely agree with your top 3, though I’d probably switch Todd and Peih-Gee’s placement. China is still my favorite season of all time just because of how fun it is from start to finish...other strong seasons seem to have some dull episodes here and there but China never lets off full throttle and that’s why I love it.

I think Jaime is a really fun character, so her low placement is not indicative of the quality she brings to the season. I think she had solid moments, and could honestly see myself ranking her higher. Though I think I just lacked a personal attachment to her because she irked, so I do not fully appreciate her for her best moments.

Peih-Gee just has such an incredible underdog story, which sort of overtakes Todd being pretty one-note for the entire season. Not in a negative manner, but Todd played the game sneakily and pretty b*tchy from the beginning, so there is nowhere to go with him? If that makes sense.

I agree. I am surprised that Panama overtook China in my personal rankings, but China is still such a solid season. Not weighed down by stupid twists or tweaks to the format, great cast of characters, plenty of drama, fun competition, full of solid blindsides. Top-tier season.

So there's a funny story about lunch lady Denise. So she lied about getting fired from her job because of Survivor. Survivor felt bad about it and gave her some money to compensate her for her loss. They eventually figured this out and I'm not really sure what happened from there I forget but still funny 😂

16 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

So there's a funny story about lunch lady Denise. So she lied about getting fired from her job because of Survivor. Survivor felt bad about it and gave her some money to compensate her for her loss. They eventually figured this out and I'm not really sure what happened from there I forget but still funny 😂

Oh Denise. :lmao: