Dee Watches Survivor (Currently On Kaoh Rong)

Deeee

5 hours ago, .Rei said:

Cydney is my favorite player from this season and I wish she'd come back for another season :wub:

Her elimination is still to this day the most heartbreaking thing I've ever seen in this show 😢

Yeah Cydney is absolutely incredible and it's a bummer that she hasn't yet come back. 💔

2 hours ago, #jeah said:

I totally get ranking Michele lower than like #2 or 3, but having her below Julia makes no sense to me because Julia was basically just a more boring, less integral-to-the-season version of Michele. 💁🏻‍♂️ At that point it kind of just seems like trolling lol.

Michele wasn't even visible until like episode ten. At least Julia became this snake and I could appreciate that about her gameplay. Michele showed me no fire until her fight with Tai in the second-to-last episode. Though I could see why one would rank her higher than Julia, I am not trolling in any way. I don't see anything special about Michele besides her being a cool, chill individual. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, .Rei said:

I also don't like Julia at all but that's mostly because of the terrible treatment Scott, Jason and her gave to Cydney in Ponderosa

I know nothing of the Ponderosa stuff, any details you could give would be great because f*ck her if so.

1 minute ago, Deeee said:

I know nothing of the Ponderosa stuff, any details you could give would be great because f*ck her if so.

Jason and Scot completely ignored Cydney at Ponderosa because she turned on them, and then Julia partook in it as well since she was buddies with them.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Deeee said:

Michele wasn't even visible until like episode ten. 

They literally showed her in every episode despite her not going to tribal, the previously on segments would mention her and we knew all about her all-female Beauty alliance that ultimately went nowhere because of the tribe swap. Stop foolin. 😘

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

They literally showed her in every episode despite her not going to tribal, the previously on segments would mention her and we knew all about her all-female Beauty alliance that ultimately went nowhere because of the tribe swap. Stop foolin. 😘

A confessional or two in each episode does not make you some massively visible contestant though. By that measure we could call a lot of non-influential contestants, influential. LOL. And you further prove my point, her all women Beauty alliance was pointless.

I'm not saying I hate her or anything, I just don't buy the hype!

5 minutes ago, Deeee said:

Michele wasn't even visible until like episode ten. At least Julia became this snake and I could appreciate that about her gameplay. Michele showed me no fire until her fight with Tai in the second-to-last episode. Though I could see why one would rank her higher than Julia, I am not trolling in any way. I don't see anything special about Michele besides her being a cool, chill individual. 🤷‍♂️

I disagree that she was invisible because they went out of their way to show Michele as a player since day one. I just don’t think she had much agency or sway in the way the game went down until the very end. She’s just a social player and it’s hard to show on TV how a good social player dominates the game. (Which is kind of how she is in her second season too, but in a much more fun way). So I understand why you didn’t vibe with her! I just think you have her too low lol.

• Like 2

Just now, #jeah said:

I disagree that she was invisible because they went out of their way to show Michele as a player since day one. I just don’t think she had much agency or sway in the way the game went down until the very end. She’s just a social player and it’s hard to show on TV how a good social player dominates the game. (Which is kind of how she is in her second season too, but in a much more fun way). So I understand why you didn’t vibe with her! I just think you have her too low lol.

I do agree that the show needs to do far better at highlighting a purely social game, but there are also plenty of instance in which a social game has been highlighted quite well. But that tends to happen in cases where that contestant is also a key player and maybe a bit more embroiled in the drama. As you said, Michele was neither of those things really until the end of the game, so her edit isn't the greatest tbh.

Invisible might be a strong word to describe her, but I'm just hyperbolic by nature as well all know lol. Though I do appreciate that the editors did not Natalie White her, most of Michele's edit comes in like the last three episodes, so it's truly hard to love her. 

3 minutes ago, #jeah said:

I agree with this, which is when a contestant is able to win the game despite not dominating with "big or flashy moves" I tend to gravitate towards that person. 

I really like Aubrey and think she played a fantastic game but she also lacked in the social game aspect which is what costed her the game and benefit Michele at the end. Which is why I think that in any combination involving any of the top 4 and Michele, ends up with Michele winning anyways.

It is pretty much what happened to Parvati in Heroes & Villains, and while I will always be Parvati's biggest supporter, I would never deny the social game that Sandra played in that season.  Yes, there are always bitter jury members that are just such losers, but a part of the game is to be able to sell your case to them and get their votes.

but Kaoh Rong is an amazing seasons so I'm glad you enjoyed it..

the next two great seasons are David vs Goliath and Winners at Wars imo.... Millennial vs Gen X is fun and I also liked Game Changers (but I know I'm in the minority with that)

3 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Winners at War sucked imo

Well maybe sucked was too harsh. I just didn’t really enjoy it as much as I expected to enjoy an all winners season. The episodes remaining 42 minutes with 5000 twists hampered it too. 

3 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Not you confuse reacting my post about WaW after making this public statement.

1 minute ago, QueenKalie said:

Game Changers was trash though. 

I mean you two are not wrong, but there were some moments that I enjoyed 

13 minutes ago, .Rei said:

but Kaoh Rong is an amazing seasons so I'm glad you enjoyed it..

the next two great seasons are David vs Goliath and Winners at Wars imo.... Millennial vs Gen X is fun and I also liked Game Changers (but I know I'm in the minority with that)

DvG is actually a season I have watched, but the winner was so damn predictable and boring it ruined an otherwise very solid season imo. LOL. 

I am excited to watch MvX, since I actually know some of the cast members already. I have not really heard many positive things about the other two seasons though. :dead: