idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
istersay

The Voice 18 ● Top 17 Performances ● Discussion

4 hours ago, FloorWax said:

no way Kelly isn't saving him when he doesn't get PV. which i think he'll get anyway

*If he doesn't

4 hours ago, CufaFanvoice26 said:

I mean she is so good, but this is like a very safe song for her, nothing new I feel

Honestly, I agree with the first half of your statement that she is very good, but i disagree that this song is safe. it feels like a risk for her...any Billie Ellish song that isn't IDWBYAM seems like a risk.Hopefully it's one that pays off though. 

4 hours ago, indii said:

Wow...Kelly’s team really tanked.

Not really, even Micah did better than just good today

4 hours ago, OSMC said:

Hands down the worst of the night. 

I wouldn't say the worst, but not the best either

2 minutes ago, xfactor22 said:

Honestly, I agree with the first half of your statement that she is very good, but i disagree that this song is safe. it feels like a risk for her...any Billie Ellish song that isn't IDWBYAM seems like a risk.Hopefully it's one that pays off though. 

I'm saying that it's not a challenge for her vocals, as Love on the brain might have been. Yes, it's true that she found the twist in a note that did it quite well, but for the rest, it's not a very demanding song.

4 hours ago, ATX29 said:

I feel like that has everything to do with her look.

Or her voice...

4 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

Well there goes the theory that "first up is the new pimp spot" - which sucks because I love Toneisha. Blake best pull through with the coach save.

I wouldn't mind him saving Toniesha if needed.

4 hours ago, Ptones2010 said:

Looks like Joei will be sending her equipment back first thing Wednesday morning.

Hard to tell. She wasn't her usual good self, but based on her previous performance, she has a shot at CS or the weird IS thing.

4 hours ago, mjdolorico said:

.......HALL AND OATES?

I like their songs..and i don't get why many people don't. However it did feel like a "bus" song choice, but then again 75% of TB felt like a bussed song choice.

4 hours ago, ashwinner said:

sorry but you might as well cross arei out from your list rn

Dont yet. She was great, so she might have an coach/instant save chance if she doesn't get PV

4 hours ago, mercfan3 said:

Really really really poor man's Josh Kaufman. 

Not really...both are around the same caliber, good, but not outstanding. 

2 hours ago, Rodney said:

He should've gone home in the Battles but for Nick's dumb choice.  He was damn lucky that Tate sucked more than he did in their Knockout.

I actually thought he won the battle against Joana. 

29 minutes ago, xfactor22 said:

She did amazing, but still hard to tell if I prefer this or PBP

I like both equally but they have different level of emotional impact.  PBP was very personal to Megan and the audience reactions somewhat added to the emotional impact of the performance. “Anyway” is somewhat  intimate and the lack of audience made the emotional focus more inward, as if she’s talking to herself, trying to rationalize to herself the message of the song.

Each song worked in their settings.

2 hours ago, Rodney said:

What, exactly, is John's fascination with Mike?  We seriously lost Zach and then Darious(!) for him?!

Zach was interesting, but their battle was even, and Mike was the less polarizing contestant. As for Darious, he was good, but that Me and Ms. Jones song ruined his chances. 

1 hour ago, QueenMae16 said:

Apparently John stole Megan now! :teeheewave:

I think he stole Todd and Allegra too

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, QueenMae16 said:

Queen deserves.

ok, I just have to point out: I never noticed this before, but you have taste for DAYS. I agree with you on a lot of the singers this season and honestly that synergy is powerful lmao

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Carlos3500 said:

Megan's performance is leading by A LOT in views on Instagram and Twitter. Pretty sure this means we can expect her to win PV. I'd be happy with that. 

I like Megan and I love that song...But that was awful. Way too big for her, she had to change half the notes in the song because they were too low or too high

• Like 1

Did anyone think that Blake's comments for Allegra were so generic it could've been about any of the female contestants? Almost as if he didn't actually watch it and they just edited him in. 😅

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Vinyl said:

Did anyone think that Blake's comments for Allegra were so generic it could've been about any of the female contestants? Almost as if he didn't actually watch it and they just edited him in. 😅

i thought the same thing, but i interpreted it as he didn’t think the performance was that and he was implicitly saying that. what you’re saying makes more sense though, is more compatible with his previous comments, and also i would prefer that a lot more lmao

10 minutes ago, Vinyl said:

Honestly Blake just seemed really out of it in comparison to the other coaches; he's not a loud stereotypical mega-extrovert the way Kelly is but he clearly feeds off being around people that he considers friends (like Carson and the other coachers) and thrives from the in-person setup of seasons past where he can connect face-to-face with his team.

4 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Honestly Blake just seemed really out of it in comparison to the other coaches; he's not a loud stereotypical mega-extrovert the way Kelly is but he clearly feeds off being around people that he considers friends (like Carson and the other coachers) and thrives from the in-person setup of seasons past where he can connect face-to-face with his team.

Lol except when Toneisha performs  

13 hours ago, Carlos3500 said:

Megan's performance is leading by A LOT in views on Instagram and Twitter. Pretty sure this means we can expect her to win PV. I'd be happy with that. 

That could just a reflection of the artist she covered. There are a lot more Demi fans on IG than rabid Dylan fans.

Skimming through the performances on youtube, many of the contestants sound better than they did the live tv.

We know the answer to who picked the songs for last nights show.  Several of the contestants have posted on social media they picked their own songs last night.