The Voice 18 ● Top 17 Performances ● Discussion

istersay

Just now, TeamAudra said:

Joanna has the stronger peak. I used that as the tie breaker. But does it matter so much that we needed a screenshot? We can call it a tie. 

No it does not matter but I am used to doing screenshots for almost everything. 😂

• Like 1

Tesam Blake

1. Joana-As much as i don't want to rank IDF"s darling it girl #1, she deserved it. Sure it was an attempted bus, but i happen go enjoy that song...and its the first performance from Joana I thought was better than just good

2. Toniesha -Nice performance, but that song didn't do her much favors

3. Todd Tilghmann-It was nice but not my taste and a bit boring. 

4. Joei Fulco-It was hard to understand, but then the beat was catchy

Joana actually entertained me tonight, partly cause it was an  upbeat song as opposed to her usual ballads maybe. . Toniesha slayed a song that wasn't her best fit. Todd delivered a captivating performance that just wasn't my taste.  I couldn't hear Joei's words that well...which is unfortunate cause I enjoyed her previous performances.

So this is how high everyone trended:

Tier 1: (Rather close, except Cedrice is clearly slightly above the rest)

1. Cedrice

2. Joanna Serenko

3. Joei Fulco

4. Todd Tilghman

5. Thunderstorm Artis

Tier 2: Very strong numbers, should be in.

6. Zan Fiskum

7. Micah Iverson

8. Allegra Miles

Tier 3: Strong but mid-tier

9. Michael Williams

10. Mandi Castillo

11. Megan Danielle

12. CammWess

Tier 4: (Virtually tied)

13. Roderick Chambers

14. Mike Jerel

Tier 5 : Disappointingly Low

15. Mandi Thomas

16. Arei Moon

17. Toneisha Harris

• Like 2

Nick: Thunderstorm, Allegra,  [Michael]

Kelly: Megan, Micah, [Cedrice]

John: CammWess, Zan, [Mandi C.]

Blake: Todd, Toneisha, [Joanna]

Predictions for PV, CS, [IS]. The winner of IS, will likely be Joanna. Megan and Micah can be switched, and I'm not sure who will win PV in John's team but otherwise I feel somewhat confident. 

Overall thoughts of the night: It was a nice night. While many of the song choices took a step down from the pre-lives (which had so many great songs), the contestants did what they could.  I enjoyed quite a bunch of contestants. Thunderstorm demonstrated true artistry. Arei's performance was fire. Zan and Megan showed amazing emotional depth. Mike Jerel and Mandi had good  performances and demonstrated good vocals, emotionality and authenticity. Cedrice and Mandi did great with the songs they were given. Toneisha slayed a song that didn't fit her that well. I actually liked Joana's performance more than usual (in the past it's been she's just good...but what else?). Joei and Roderick sadly didn't live up to their fullest potential, likely due to their song choices they were given. While there voices are good, I didn't enjoy CamWess  or Michael's performances, partially due to the song choice. Micah didn't do Elton justice. Todd ended the night on a positive note, even if the performance wasn't my can of soda. Hopefully songs tomorrow and next week get back to this season's pre-live-calliber.

32 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Of the 14 up on YouTube right now, CammWess is leading the view count right now with 8.8k. We'll see how long that lasts given they just got T-storm up.

30 minutes later, Allegra is in the lead, but not by much

3 hours ago, pepperman said:

Nick's team really is STACKED.   He has such a strong line-up.  

Ironic, since so many people bagged on his choices throughout the petaled rounds.😋

3 hours ago, jus.vshn said:

It’s time for Roderick to go home.

He should've gone home in the Battles but for Nick's dumb choice.  He was damn lucky that Tate sucked more than he did in their Knockout.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Cedrice voice was overshadowed by her "performance art" in a bad way.  What I remember most about Cedrice' performance is the velvet chaise lounge she made love to during the performance.  Kelly will save her.  Hope she learns to focus on the vocals.

Megan is the only singer on the show with genuine raw emotion.  Thunderstorm was great - but I viewed it as a performance only.  I listened to Megan sing and felt the song. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rodney said:

He should've gone home in the Battles but for Nick's dumb choice.  He was damn lucky that Tate sucked more than he did in their Knockout.

Gotta disagree here. Roderick and Joanna did equal in that battle and his KO didn’t really suck.

Tonight he wasn’t too dreadful, but assuming that Thunderstorm and Allegra get Nick’s PV and save, I think he’s the deserving wild card spot.

6 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Awful take. His knockout was pretty great. Let's not act like Tate ever stood a chance lmao. Lol luck

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rodney said:

He did great in the battle as well, he definitely would have gotten stolen too. And his knockout showcased his range beautifully. 

3 minutes ago, Rodney said:

What, exactly, is John's fascination with Mike?  We seriously lost Zach and then Darious(!) for him?!

He's holding onto his Audition, but hopefully he sees that Mike is done and will never be in that frontrunner spot again.

But if somehow Zan is in that save position, she's the 1 artist I could see him ditching his fascination over him and Mandi for her. 

Zan > Mandi > Mike > Cammwess

I feel is John's priority for his save.

6 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

He's holding onto his Audition, but hopefully he sees that Mike is done and will never be in that frontrunner spot again.

But if somehow Zan is in that save position, she's the 1 artist I could see him ditching his fascination over him and Mandi for her. 

Zan > Mandi > Mike > Cammwess

I feel is John's priority for his save.

Megan > Zan > Mandi > Mike > Cammwess

1 hour ago, joe14 said:

Awful take. His knockout was pretty great. Let's not act like Tate ever stood a chance lmao. Lol luck

I was clearly watching a different performance from you, because I found Roderick's performance in that round completely boring and lacking of anything exciting.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Rodney said:

I was clearly watching a different performance from you, because I found Roderick's performance in that round completely boring and lacking of anything exciting.

Either way...acting like Tate just had an off day and Roderick got lucky is pretty laughable.

Just going through it now; had / have recorded the show.  Mandi Castillo, really, impressed me a lot for whatever my opinion is. I really enjoyed what she did❗ THAT, sounded SO nice, SO good (to my ear, anyway). She is the one I have liked the best or the most, so far... show is not over...  so, I should listen to the rest of it. I seem to have become stuck on Mandi (but that's enough times, for now 😉).  So... "On with show we must go"🎶 🐰

Oh & what Arie Moon did, I thought was well done & entertaining.

Cam did a good, nice, sounding job on "Ain't No Sunshine", too.

WOW, Cedrice is one heck of a unique & cool piece of work❗

Tonisha is good❗

That delivery by Joanna really worked and damn she has a whole bunch of super-funky tones in her voice; that was fun 👍👍

Ok, so, que sera sera. Hasta manana... 👋

Edited by Drew1903

Just now, joe14 said:

Either way...acting like Tate just had an off day and Roderick got lucky is pretty laughable.

Not for me.  They were both not good that round.  And that's all there is to it.