Films of the Decade Rankdown

Alex95

Private Life 

Private_Life_poster.jpeg

Private Life came out in 2018. It is classified as a drama. It is directed by Tamara Jenkins. This is a Netflix movie. Because of this, I cannot comment on it's budget vs box office return. That is just rude! I digress. 

This movie has an impressive cast. It stars Paul Giamatti and Kathryn Hahn. Some of the other cast includes John Carroll Lynch, Denis O'Hare and Molly Shannon. 

Private Life holds a 94% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes. The average score 7.62/10. Wow. Metacritic's score is actually somewhat significantly higher. It has an 83/100. Somehow this indicates "universal acclaim." Someone please tell me how to gets that. 

From the synopsis, it sounds like the movie goes nowhere. That is just on paper. The execution could be absolutely perfect. Considering its very high acclaim, I think it was done exceptionally well. 

Saving Blue Valentine

Frances Ha

Frances_Ha_poster.png

giphy.gif

Frances Ha is a 2012 black-and-white comedy drama film directed by Noah Baumbach. The film follows an aspiring dancer moves to New York City and becomes caught up in a whirlwind or flighty fair-weather friends, diminishing fortunes and career setbacks. The cast of the film included Greta Gerwig, Mickey Summer, Charlotte d'Amboise, Adam Driver, Michael Zegen, Michael Esper and Grace Gummer. The movie was a success in the box office making $11.3M against a budget $3M. The film received critical acclaim with many praising Greta's performance. The film currently holds a Tomatoscore of 92% and a Metascore of 82/100.  I have no idea if this film is good or not but out of the remaining four films this is the one I haven't watched, so it was an easy choice for me.

Saving Incendies

AMSR.gif

BIG HERO 6

fat big hero 6 GIF

I love this film. So this cut sucks. I’m doing this write-up in the parking lot at my job so I don’t get a strike and Alex doesn’t have an ulcer, so it won’t be the best but let’s get to it. Big Hero 6 is an animated film that was released by Disney in 2014 and received critical acclaim. As it should. 😘 integrating Marvel characters following The Haus of Mouse’s acquisition of them, Big Hero 6 is about a bond that develops between plus-sized inflatable robot Baymax and his prodigy Hiro Hamada as the two of them form a band of high-tech heroes alongside some friends. Apparently it was followed by a television series in 2014. I didn’t know that existed.

SAVE: Inside Out

• Alex95 changed the title to Films of the Decade Rankdown (Anne's Noms Next)

Not fun putting these together, but it is the final time. 

Drive
Melancholia
12 Years A Slave
Inside Llewyn Davis
Prisoners
Kumiko, the Treasure Hunter
Whiplash
The Handmaiden
Your Name.
Coco
Eighth Grade
Inside Out