Films of the Decade Rankdown (Winner Posted)

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex95

• Deeee

• totes4totes

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/elliot-page-transgender-ellen-page-juno-umbrella-academy-1234843023/   Oscar-Nominated ‘Umbrella Academy’ Star Elliot Page Announces He Is Transgender

Coco Hopefully I picked a movie that is well liked but not absolutely loved. I guess we will see. If there is any way to make this a lesbian movie, please comment. I will make sure to add it

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

Which of the films in the Top 20 are on Netflix? There are some I haven't seen yet and want to watch before figuring out my rankings.

I'm going to try and compile a list of where/how to watch all of the movies in the finals!

• Thanks 1

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE TOP 20

581b650855f38690edfbe765d94fa6b7.gif

Black Swan (2010 dir. by Darren Aronofsky)

giphy.gif

Blue Valentine (2010 dir. by Derek Cianfrance)

tenor.gif?itemid=16723676

Incendies (2010 dir. by Denis Villeneuve)

tumblr_myqb98RCw11rdhao3o1_500.gif

Toy Story 3 (2010 dir. by Lee Unkrich)

Winter-s-Bone-Stills-and-Gifs-winters-bo

Winter's Bone (2010 dir. by Debra Granik)

CSZw.gif

The Master (2012 dir. by Paul Thomas Anderson)

exmachina.gif?format=500w

Ex Machina (2014 dir. by Alex Garland)

tumblr_nn9ub4giaL1tpia98o2_500.gif

Gone Girl (2014 dir. by David Fincher)

source.gif

Mad Max: Fury Road (2015 dir. by George Miller)

tumblr_nwcgl8OGwe1rkem6ho1_r1_500.gifv

Room (2015 dir. by Lenny Abrahamson)

tumblr_o10yl9C3MR1r9pt1so2_r1_500.gif

Spotlight (2015 dir. by Tom McCarthy)

Arrival-GIF-01.gif

Arrival (2016 dir. by Denis Villeneuve)

26205.gif

Your Name. (2016 dir. by Makoto Shinkai)

tumblr_opyhhkqd5e1qa3emao1_500.gifv

Get Out (2017 dir. by Jordan Peele)

original.gif

Lady Bird (2017 dir. by Great Gerwig)

ANNIHILATION.GIF?format=500w

Annihilation (2018 dir. by Alex Garland)

favourite2.gif

The Favourite (2018 dir. by Yorgos Lanthimos)

FyKZKne.gif?noredirect

Hereditary (2018 dir. by Ari Aster)

247369_04d330a8a50c471fb01ef58996704886~

Little Women (2019 dir. by Greta Gerwig)

giphy.gif

Parasite (2019 dir. by Bong Joon-ho)

Edited by Deeee
  • Like 3

Major streaming services with our top 20:

Disney+:

Toy Story 3

Netflix:

The Master

Spotlight

Lady Bird

Showtime:

Ex Machina

Room

Hulu:

Gone Girl

Parasite

Amazon Prime:

Hereditary

Starz:

Little Women

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, ~Tom~ said:

Well I haven’t seen Blue Valentine but I know that’s a boring romance movie so that probably won’t make my watch list. :giggle: 

It’s not a boring romance movie! It’s got really powerful acting and is a really tough but rewarding watch.

• Like 1
Just now, #jeah said:

It’s not a boring romance movie! It’s got really powerful acting and is a really tough but rewarding watch.

The movie was super hard to watch. The scene when Frankie runs after Dean at the end. OMFG.

10 minutes ago, Deeee said:

I really love the movie a ton. It's not the most exciting movie to watch, but the acting is top notch. Plus, one of my favorite bands scored the film!

*goes to see* Hmm, I learned of Grizzly Bear recently but they didn’t leave a big impression. :haha: 

10 minutes ago, aliasocfan said:

Romantic would not be my first word choice for that movie. 💀

:dead: 

3 minutes ago, ~Tom~ said:

*goes to see* Hmm, I learned of Grizzly Bear recently but they didn’t leave a big impression. :haha: 

:dead: 

I have been listening to them since undergrad. I really love them. Veckatimest is an amazing album - I don't know what you listened to by them, but "Two Weeks" is their magnum opus imo.

She isn't kidding. :dead:

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Alex Garland and Greta Gerwig each only directed two films this decade and both made the top 20. Wow!

And Dennis Villeneuve!

edit: he’s directed more than two films but still

Edited by #jeah
22 minutes ago, Deeee said:

I have been listening to them since undergrad. I really love them. Veckatimest is an amazing album - I don't know what you listened to by them, but "Two Weeks" is their magnum opus imo.

I did listen to Two Weeks and I was bored. :haha: And I love my indie bands.

I think Winter’s Bone will be first on my watch list as I’ve heard great things but never got around to seeing it.

Roma

Roma-loop.gif?format=1500w

There were a few movies left that I haven't seen left in this rankdown so I eventually narrowed it down to those. The movies I haven't seen were Disobedience, Portrait of a Lady on Fire, The Handmaiden, Roma, Incendies, The Master and Your Name. The first three listed were already cut by another ranker and two people requested individual safety for Incendies and Your Name. So that me with The Master and Roma. I went with the bigger threat because my favorites were nominated by the same ranker and eliminated by two other individuals. I'm usually not petty but I kept losing favorite after favorite and I was really fine with any of the movies left being cut. I know Roma is on Netflix and is a Netflix exclusive and I have yet to watch it. Roma was released in 2018 and is a Mexican drama film written and directed by Alfonso Cuarón. Alfonso Cuarón also produced, shot and co-edited the film. The film is set in 1070 and 1971 and allows the life of a live-in housekeeper of a middle class family. It's a semi-autobiography of Alfonso Cuarón's upbringing in the Colonia Roma in Mexico City. The film stars Yalitza Aparicio and Marina de Tavira. Roma has been regarded by several critics as the best film of 2018. It received numerous accolades and award including  Best Director and Best Foreign Language Film at the 76th Golden Globe Awards, Best Picture and Best Director at the 24th Critics' Choice Awards, and Best Film, Best Film Not in the English Language, Best Direction and Best Cinematography at the 72nd British Academy Film Awards. The film has a 96% RT score which mean I should probably watch it since I have had Netflix since before it has even come out on the platform. It's not a film I have an attachment to and when my favorites have gotten cut it makes me less willing to save theirs. No hard feelings at the end of the day but this is the cut I feel the most comfortable with making giving what has transpired in this rankdown.

• Alex95 changed the title to Films of the Decade Rankdown (Winner Posted)