Films of the Decade Rankdown

Alex95

YOU WERE NEVER REALLY HERE

A film released in 2017, You Were Never Really Here is a traumatized veteran who tracks down kidnapped/missing girls for a living. One such job begins to unravel, exposing a conspiracy theory that puts his life and career at stake. The film stars Joaquin Phoenix, star of that terrible Joker film, and has an 89% at Rotten Tomatoes. Many critics found it derivative of Taxi Driver, which I can see based off the plot. Nonetheless, the film did garner $10 million at the US box office. No idea how that compares to its budget since Wikipedia has nothing listed.

Edited by Elliott

• Alex95 changed the title to Films of the Decade Rankdown (Elliott's Noms Next)

Animal Kingdom
The Fighter
Incendies
Inception
Midsommar
X-Men: First Class
Two Days, One Night
A Most Violent Year
Obvious Child
The Little Prince
The Lobster
Spotlight
Fences
Hidden Figures
Hereditary

Annihilation
BlacKkKlansman
Little Women

Edited by Elliott

• Alex95 changed the title to Films of the Decade Rankdown (Elliott's Noms Posted)

The Little Prince (2015 dir. by Mark Osborne)

the little prince animation GIF

The Little Prince is a 2015 English-language French 3Danimated fantasy adventure family drama film directed by Mark Osborne and based on the 1943 novella of the same name by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry. The film stars the voices of Jeff Bridges, Rachel McAdams, Paul Rudd, Bud Cort, Marion Cotillard, Benicio del Toro, James Franco, Ricky Gervais, Paul Giamatti, Riley Osborne, Albert Brooks and Mackenzie Foy.

The film relates the story of the book using stop motionanimation, which is woven into a computer animatedframing narrative about a young girl who has just met the book's now-elderly aviator narrator, who tells her the story of his meeting with the Little Prince in the Saharadesert. The film's animation was provided by studio Mikros Image.

The movie is really beautiful and just a great animated film. So good even, that it is the most successful animated French film of all-time! It was widely praised for how it paid homage to the original novella, its beautiful animation, and its touching story. It currently holds an approval rating of 93% on Rotten Tomatoes and a Metacritic score of 70/100. The film won the César Award for Best Animated Feature Film. It’s just a gorgeous film. 

I am surprised that it lasted this long in the game, since I think it has been a fair cut for some time now. But I also really love the movie and do not mind the high placement. The Little Prince is a visual treat and I highly recommend it to any of you that have not seen it.

SAVING: Hereditary

• Sad 1

The Fighter

The_Fighter_Poster.jpg

This movie came out in 2010. It is directed by David O Russell. It has a great cast consisting of Christian Bale, Amy Adams and Melissa Leo. From a 25 million dollar budget it made about 130 million. Mark Walhberg is in this movie as well. What a shame. Apparently he had a good performance. Amy Adams and Christian Bale got critical acclaim as well. I believe this is the movie that Christian Bale lost a ton of weight for. He was also absolutely perfect in the mannerisms. 

It obviously has good commercial success. It was also likes critically. It has a 90 percent approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes. The average is 7.83 out of 10. On metacritic it has a 79/100 rating. 

I saw This movie once in the theaters and never watched it again. Sorry to this movie.

Saving Midsommar

Edited by aliasocfan