Films of the Decade Rankdown

Alex95

Leviathan

Leviathan_2014_poster.jpg

I’m still asleep while writing this so let’s see how much i f*ck this up. A Russian drama film released in 2014 (og name: Левиафан) directed by Andrey Zvyagintsev and starring Aleksei Serebryakov, Elena Lyadova, and Vladimir Vdovichenkov. The movie deals with issues of money and corruption, framing it as a corrupt mayor trying to expropriate the land of the protagonist’s family house. The film got a critical praise and got nominated for several awards (among those it won a Golden Globe for Best Foreign Language Film and was nominated as Best Foreign Film for the Oscars). It sounds pretty interesting so I will try to watch it when I can.

Save: Blackkklansman

Edited by NGM
  • Sad 1

Nebraska

Nebraska_Poster.jpg

BewitchedSlushyKinglet-size_restricted.gif

Nebraska is a 2013 black and white comedy drama film directed by Alexander Payne. The film follows an aging, booze-addled father that makes a trip to from Montana to Nebraska along with his estranged son with the goal to claim what he believes to be a million-dollar prize. The film had a great cast with the likes of Bruce Dern, Will Forte, June Squibb, Stacy Keach and Bob Odendrik. Judging the gif June Quibb seems to be hilarious in this. The film was able to double its budget by making $27.7M in the box office. The film received critical acclaim and got 6 Oscar nominations that included Best Picture, Director, Actor and Supporting Actress. The film has a tomato score of 91% and a Metascore of 86/100. I'm sure the film is very good and I've intended to watch it from some time but never had the chance. I'm cutting it because I just have stronger connections with other films that remain in the game.

Saving The Handmaiden

tumblr_prywahYQoX1x71z9oo3_400.gifv

6 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

F*ck all fixed now thanks.

And get rid of the flawless final cuts round?! Lol never!

The thanks I get!!!! LOLOL just kidding. 

It’s never flawless! There is just a ring to Top 30, you know? :dead:

Is this what the kids call “shooting your shot?” :wub:

BURNING

Me having to decide between two Korean horror films? That's not fetch. But since I made a promise to Modtoria and I don't want to be b&, I will cut Burning and saving Train to Busan. I would've done that anyway since I've seen TtB and haven't seen this one yet, but I just wanted to be #extra for a bit. So Burning (or 버닝, literally translated to Beoning, in Korea) is a (South, obviously) Korean psychological thriller mystery drama film that was co-written, co-produced, and directed by Lee Chang-dong and based on the short story "Barn Burning" by author Haruki Murakami. The film stars Yoo Ah-in, Steven Yeun, and Jeon Jong-seo and was released on May 16, 2018 at the 2018 Cannes Film Festival. The film has received almost universal critical acclaim, and the trailer alone has me interested.

SAVE: Train to Busan

• Alex95 changed the title to Films of the Decade Rankdown (Nico’s Noms Next)

Noms:

Wreck-It Ralph
Avengers: Endgame
Gravity
Train to Busan
It
Martha Marcy May Marlene
The Conjuring
Rust & Bone
If Beale Street Could Talk
Before Midnight
War Horse