Films of the Decade Rankdown

Alex95

4 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Definitely check out American Animals, I’d highly recommend it! Though Blake Jenner’s presence in the movie has soured my feelings (though he’s rather minor).

Interestingly enough, I have never heard of him before! But he was in The Edge of Seventeen, so clearly I have seen him. Is there a reason we do not like him?

Just now, Deeee said:

Interestingly enough, I have never heard of him before! But he was in The Edge of Seventeen, so clearly I have seen him. Is there a reason we do not like him?

He was abusive to Melissa Benoist iirc.

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

He was abusive to Melissa Benoist iirc.

YIKES. I saw that they were married and had divorced, but my 30 second glance at Wikipedia did not bring to my attention his abuse. Glad he is irrelevant then!

Just now, Deeee said:

YIKES. I saw that they were married and had divorced, but my 30 second glance at Wikipedia did not bring to my attention his abuse. Glad he is irrelevant then!

It’s on her page:

Also in 2015, Benoist suffered an injury that tore her iris. The incident caused one pupil to be permanently enlarged. In November 2019 in an Instagram video, Benoist revealed that the injury to her iris was due to an iPhone being thrown at her during a domestic dispute, in a relationship marked by repeated domestic violence. Previously, the injury had been said to have been caused when she tripped down stairs and fell into a potted plant.

She never named him but the timeline was when they were married.

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

It’s on her page:

Also in 2015, Benoist suffered an injury that tore her iris. The incident caused one pupil to be permanently enlarged. In November 2019 in an Instagram video, Benoist revealed that the injury to her iris was due to an iPhone being thrown at her during a domestic dispute, in a relationship marked by repeated domestic violence. Previously, the injury had been said to have been caused when she tripped down stairs and fell into a potted plant.

She never named him but the timeline was when they were married.

Thank you for the info. His page just says "irreconcilable differences" which is what every Hollywood divorce claims of course. Glad she seems to be in a much better place now away from him.

Just now, #jeah said:

Dee, you feel betrayed by me when I‘ve saved so many movies at your request AND after you were campaigning against Joker without a care for my opinion on that movie? Sorry but try again

dee could have campaigned for joker to stay and i still would have orchestrated to getting the movie cut.

2 minutes ago, #jeah said:

Dee, you feel betrayed by me when I‘ve saved so many movies at your request AND after you were campaigning against Joker without a care for my opinion on that movie? Sorry but try again

I would save movies at your request as well if you asked me! But I was not defending a movie made by a piece of sh*t and heralded by a bunch of white racist trolls all over the Internet. In all fairness, I did not care for the movie myself, regardless of all the problematic themes the movie explores. It wasn't a betrayal on my end because I planned to cut the movie the second the game was announced. Before I knew you even loved it!

Joker Scores:

68% on Rotten Tomatoes

59/100 on Metacritic

The Last Jedi Scores:

90% on Rotten Tomatoes

85/100 on Metacritic

It's not like I campaigned against a good movie!!!

Edited by Deeee

Just now, Deeee said:

I would save movies at your request as well if you asked me! But I was not defending a movie made by a piece of sh*t and heralded by a bunch of white racist trolls all over the Internet. In all fairness, I did not care for the movie myself, regardless of all the problematic themes the movie explores. It wasn't a betrayal on my end because I planned to cut the movie the second the game was announced. Before I knew you even loved it!

Well I hated Star Wars 8 and 9 and would have cut them the first round if I didn’t know they had so many fans here. So it’s not a betrayal, I didn’t touch or even nominate either movie for many cycles. So maybe instead of talking about betrayal we can both realize that we just hate our respective movies and move on because this is just a game? I don’t want anyone to

get actually angry with me but at the same time it’s not like I did some major betrayal

by cutting a movie I don’t like at the halfway mark. *shrugs*

1 minute ago, Deeee said:

Joker Scores:

68% on Rotten Tomatoes

59/100 on Metacritic

The Last Jedi Scores:

90% on Rotten Tomatoes

85/100 on Metacritic

It's not like I campaigned against a good movie!!!

Episode 9 is also the least well-received critically with only a 52%, and yet everyone was so hellbent on saving it, smh

1 minute ago, #jeah said:

So maybe instead of talking about betrayal we can both realize that we just hate our respective movies and move on because this is just a game? I don’t want anyone to

get actually angry with me but at the same time it’s not like I did some major betrayal by cutting a movie I don’t like at the halfway mark. *shrugs*

I'm not actually mad at you or Anne and maintain my love for you both, just do not get the hatred for a movie that is universally critically acclaimed. Of course, that does not mean you have to love it, but critics scores are often thrown out in this game, so it's only fair that we look at the numbers when assessing TLJ as well.

My point is Joker is not this phenomenal movie, though I understand that you liked it. I didn't just cut the movie out of personal vendetta, but also because it's just okay? On top of being horribly problematic, the movie is just okay.

ILY though. 🤎

2 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

To be fair @Deeee and I were saving it as a running gag. :giggle:

Pretty much. LOL.

There were just actual flaming garbage movies that deserved to be taken out before RoS, hence why I saved it a few times at the very beginning.

5 minutes ago, Deeee said:

I'm not actually mad at you or Anne and maintain my love for you both, just do not get the hatred for a movie that is universally critically acclaimed. Of course, that does not mean you have to love it, but critics scores are often thrown out in this game, so it's only fair that we look at the numbers when assessing TLJ as well.

My point is Joker is not this phenomenal movie, though I understand that you liked it. I didn't just cut the movie out of personal vendetta, but also because it's just okay? On top of being horribly problematic, the movie is just okay.

ILY though. 🤎

Fair ❤️ I don’t think Joker is phenomenal. I think Joaquin, who is my favorite actor, was phenomenal in it and the score was great. I also found it thought provoking for a DC related movie.

as for TLJ, I explained some reasons why I didn’t like it in my write up :haha: 

6 minutes ago, Deeee said:

WHY AM I GETTING ERASED FROM THIS NARRATIVE. LOL. I cut Joker! WOULD DO IT AGAIN.