Jump to content
idolforums.com
Alex95

Films of the Decade Rankdown (Victoria & Chris' Noms Next)

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

If it's not aging well then how is it third most mentioned on the lists created in 2019/2020????

wow. imagine being this passionate about the social network. i literally just mentioned how i think it's not aged well because of the way we view the various things that the movie tried to critique which felt fresh in 2010 but not nearly as scathing or going far enough in 2020! i also mentioned that i think critics in 2010 wouldn't see it that way. 

 

idk make a rule where films get brought back so you can bring it back if you feel this passionately about the social network. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyway, I didn't nominate it and I didn't cut it so I'm out of this convo but I would rather watch The Social Network any day of the week than The Last Jedi. That is all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

wow. imagine being this passionate about the social network. i literally just mentioned how i think it's not aged well because of the way we view the various things that the movie tried to critique which felt fresh in 2010 but not nearly as scathing or going far enough in 2020! i also mentioned that i think critics in 2010 wouldn't see it that way. 

 

idk make a rule where films get brought back so you can bring it back if you feel this passionately about the social network. 

Sorry for being passionate about my all-time favorite film.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

Anyway, I didn't nominate it and I didn't cut it so I'm out of this convo but I would rather watch The Social Network any day of the week than The Last Jedi. That is all.

Yeah, I'm not mocking anyone who likes The Last Jedi. I didn't care for it, but I'm sorry for all of your losses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

Anyway, I didn't nominate it and I didn't cut it so I'm out of this convo but I would rather watch The Social Network any day of the week than The Last Jedi. That is all.

🙃

 

love it when people make it known that i can target their favorite films

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alex95 said:

Sorry for being passionate about my all-time favorite film.

you don't have to be sorry about anything. all i said it was a reach for this to be the best film of the decade and explained why i thought that it didn't age well! things you literally asked.

 

real cool feeling when your favorite movie of the decade gets cut though. can't imagine how that feels. 😐

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

the social network is a good movie and i like it but calling it the best movie of the decade is a REACH

oh wow. so critical. so harsh of me to call the social network a good movie and say that i like it. what a harsh reaction. a sin to those who love the movie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

love it when people make it known that i can target their favorite films

Like I said, I didn't nominate it nor did I cut it. So if you want to target films I like for simply not liking the film. BE MY GUEST. I'm sorry we don't share the same brain like you @Deeee do since he liked your comments.

 

Please direct it to the person who nominated it and the person who cut it. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Yeah, I'm not mocking anyone who likes The Last Jedi. I didn't care for it, but I'm sorry for all of your losses.

I didn't care for it at all but I specifically went out of my way to not nominate it and not cut it so if people want to come at me for NOT cutting it like okay?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

Like I said, I didn't nominate it nor did I cut it. So if you want to target films I like for simply not liking the film. BE MY GUEST. I'm sorry we don't share the same brain like you @Deeee do since he liked your comments.

 

Please direct it to the person who nominated it and the person who cut it. Thank you.

oh i plan to.

 

sorry that i don't react well to people calling one of my favorite films of all time horrible repeatedly in this thread and then acting like they've done me some grand favor by not nominating it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

oh wow. so critical. so harsh of me to call the social network a good movie and say that i like it. what a harsh reaction. a sin to those who love the movie.

Are you under the assumption that I love the movie? Because you would be wrong. :dead:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 1234567890 said:

Are you under the assumption that I love the movie? Because you would be wrong. :dead:

i'm reacting to alex.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, totes4totes said:

sorry that i don't react well to people calling one of my favorite films of all time horrible repeatedly in this thread and then acting like they've done me some grand favor by not nominating it.

You're forgiven.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just don't understand how it's a "reach" to say The Social Network is the best film of the decade when it's a rather popular opinion. The Social Network's an incredibly popular film no matter how you feel about it, it shouldn't be shocking that it has passion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, totes4totes said:

you aren't. ❤️

I guess I'm just a more forgiving person. That's fine.

Edited by 1234567890

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Save Blade Runner 2049

Cut American Animals

 

I am now out for blood. :giggle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

American Animals (2018 dir. by Bart Layton)

 

giphy.gif

 

I feel very betrayed by @aliasocfan and @#jeah for what they did to me. I actually hate her entire set of nominations. So forgive me if this cut offends anybody, but this cannot be anymore offensive than cutting The Last Jedi. This is a crime-drama film that stars Evan Peters, Barry Keoghan, Blake Jenner, Jared Abrahamson, Udo Kier, and Ann Dowd. The film made its premiere at Sundance 2018.

 

The plot of the film is based on the real-life library heist that occurred at Transylvania University in Lexington, Kentucky in 2004. The film interestingly jumps between interviews with the real-life individuals portrayed in the film and the actors performing the actual events of the story. So it's a combo of a documentary and fiction movie, which is a unique take on a heist! The film was released to very positive reviews, with the performances of the actors receiving rave reviews. Film critics also admired the compelling thriller aspect of the story as well. Currently holds an 88% on Rotten Tomatoes and 68/100 on Metacritic. 

 

One of the few remaining films in the game that I still have not seen, which is why this elimination is fairly easy. I really like the film's soundtrack, which is full of some really great songs. So I will have to check this movie out some time. 

 

SAVING: Blade Runner 2049

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely check out American Animals, I’d highly recommend it! Though Blake Jenner’s presence in the movie has soured my feelings (though he’s rather minor).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...