Films of the Decade Rankdown

Alex95

Shaun the Sheep Movie

220px-Shaun_the_Sheep_MoviePoster.jpg

I never watched this movie vs the other 3 that I have watched (and I'm okay with them), so yeah, default cut strikes again. So, let's see what this is about. It's an animated adventure comedy, that follows Shaun, a sheep. It's based on a show by the same name, which in turn was a spin-off of a movie. What' kind of crackhead inception sh!t is this? Whatever, there are weirder things out there. The film follows Shaun and a flock of sheeps into the city where they are trying to rescue their farmer, who is amnesiac. The film is actually acclaimed, and has a few noms and awards to its name. Maybe I should watch it? But for now, adiós.

Save: All is Lost

Rango_logo.png

tenor.gif?itemid=3361839

I truly do not care for any of the nominees nor the movies remaining , but I must make a decision... I decided to cut Rango as I remember when it came out on DVD - the best perk of my first job was all the movies I was able to see for free. Anyway, I did not like this movie at all. I truly do not understand the appeal for it - I also don't understand the appeal of the movie I am saving but it is what it is. But back to this movie - it features Johnny Depp's voice as he voice-over Rango which is the main character of the movie. Who is Rango? He is an animated chameleon whom is eccentric and intelligent, at the same time.  And while I did not like this movie, many people did as it became the first non-Pixar or non-Disney animated movie to win Best Animated Film at the Oscar since 2006. It also found lots of success at the box-office so good job to their team. It's now out of this rankdown - sorry to its fans, but the majority has spoken. 

SAVING: MISSION IMPOSSIBLE: GHOST PROTOCOL despite Tom Cruise

Edited by *Chris

NOMINATIONS

Leap Year

Love & Other Drugs

Bad Teacher

Just Go With It

Midnight in Paris

Wild Bill

Seeking a Friend for the End of the World

Girl Most Likely

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

The To Do List

Annie

Love, Rosie

Cars 3

The Hitman’s Bodyguard

Book Club

Tag

Isn’t It Romantic

Murder Mystery

• Like 1

Cars 3

Cars_3_poster.jpg

giphy.gif

I have never watched Cars. I have never watched Cars 2. I have never watched Planes. I have never watched Cars 3. Why cutting this movie then? I already know Cars are the worst Pixar animates movies and since they always get cut first during all the other rank downs, we might as well keep the tradition going on in here. The only thing that I can say about Cars 3 is that it has a cool poster.

Cars 3 is the third installment in the Cars franchise and the sequel to Cars 2. It premiered in 2017 and the plot revolved around Lightning McQueen, who I believe is the red car in the gif above, trying to prove to a new generation of high tech race cars that he is still the best race car in the world. A pretty crappy premise I believe.

The voice cast included the likes of Owen Wilson, Cristela Alonzo, Chris Cooper, Nathan Fillion, Larry the Cable Guy, Armie Hammer and Tommy Shalhoub. The film made $380M against a budget of $175M which I guess is not what they expected when they were making the film. The movie have a tomato score of 70 which I assume is not bad but then again I never truly trust in a tomato score, I very much prefer Metacritic when researching about movies. The film is said to be an improvement over Cars 2 so I guess there's that. 

Saving Wild Bill

44 minutes ago, Deeee said:

NOMINATIONS

Leap Year

Love & Other Drugs

Bad Teacher

Just Go With It

Midnight in Paris

Wild Bill

Seeking a Friend for the End of the World

Girl Most Likely

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

The To Do List

Annie

Love, Rosie

Cars 3

The Hitman’s Bodyguard

Book Club

Tag

Isn’t It Romantic

Murder Mystery

finally someone trying to cut the actual bad movies :wub:

• Like 1

TAG

MV5BNzk4NDM3NjkwNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTk5MzkzNTM@._V1_.jpg

This movie is based on a true story. First featured in The Wall Street Journal, a group of friends spend one month a year playing the game Tag. I guess that's kind of interesting and I remember seeing the trailer for this film, but I don't know if the game of Tag is enough to base an entire movie around it. Apparently someone thought it was as this story was turned into a movie released into theaters in 2018. A lot of the movie is about the group of friends trying to finally tag Jerry (played by Jeremy Renner) as "it" since he has always been able to outrun and outsmart the others. I'm reading the rest of the plot, and the story becomes more serious when one of the friends is diagnosed with liver cancer. So, it's not just a story about the game of tag. It's really a story about friendship. Also starring as members of this friend group are Jon Hamm, Jake Johnson, Ed Helms, and Hannibal Buress. Maybe this could be a fun movie to watch, but it did get mixed reviews. According to Rotten Tomatoes,  "For audiences seeking a dose of high-concept yet undemanding action comedy, Tag might be close enough to it." I don't know if I would seek this movie to watch it, but maybe it's not too bad? Anyway, sorry to any fans of Tag, but out it goes from the rankdown.

And I'm saving Leap Year.

tumblr_pb28vgX9jx1qd2pfqo6_500.gifv

Edited by Steven_