Films of the Decade Rankdown

Alex95

~The Final Duel~

tumblr_m52qz7rodr1r5r8duo1_500.gif tenor.gif?itemid=16052138

The Dark Knight Rises                                  Star Wars: The Force Awakens

vs.

giphy.gif 590edccfbf797edf059184d7f7683626f2e59259.gifv

Joker                                                        Ford v. Ferrari

WARM BODIES (2013)

source.gif

I very distinctly remember watching this movie on the plane to New Zealand back during my 2013 trip there, and I remember gaining and losing consciousness throughout the film. Not a good sign, but it was also during the middle of the night on a 13 hour flight. :haha: This is a 2013 paranormal romantic zombie comedy film. Definitely not my style of movie. It's about a zombie's relationship with a girl. It stars Nicholas Hoult (who I absolutely adore), Tessa Palmer, and Analeigh Tipton, who was one of the best ANTM contestants ever. It's 98 minutes long and was produced on a budget of $35 million. It nearly quadrupled that with a $117 million box office. Good for Warm Bodies! It actually received a decent score on RT at 81% but only 60% on Metacritic. Unfortunately I just didn't enjoy the movie all that much and it's one of the few left that I have seen that I really didn't enjoy, so it was an easy choice for me to put up. Adieu!

GOODNIGHT MOMMY (2014)

giphy.gif

Sorry, I'm sure this is a good movie but so are all four of the movies that just got put up so I now have no regrets nominating this one. :haha: Literally the only reason I did it was because it had the word Mommy in the title, to fit the previous round's theme. Goodnight Mommy is a 2013 Austrian psychological horror film. I definitely have the feeling that someone suggested this be put in the game. (The only movie I suggested is still in the game so go me!) It's 100 minutes long and it tells the tale of a mother of twin boys who has reconstructive surgery, only to come home and raise suspicions in her boys when her demeanor and attitude changes. I'm sure a bunch of creepy exciting stuff happens. One review says that this movie is "dark, violent, and entrenched with dread - perfect for extreme horror enthusiasts." The National Board of Review even named this as one of the Top 5 Foreign Language Films of 2015. Of course the Academy didn't nominate it for Best Foreign Language Feature because they hate horror! 

12 hours ago, Elliott said:

Can we cut all four?

:lmao: 

When I saw the battle pairs I was thinking it was obvious who chose what. But with Elliott's above comment, I don't know as well anymore - although I still think my initial thought. :haha:  

12 hours ago, 1234567890 said:

Not after The Last Jedi goes first. Last time I'll be nice and not nominate it. :wub:

The Last Jedi has Laura Dern and that's reason enough for it to make the final vote, thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

• Like 1

By a vote of 5-3...

The Dark Knight Rises & Star Wars: The Force Awakens have won the duel!

Joker and Ford v. Ferrari have been eliminated. @totes4totes nominated these films and will be responsible for their writeups.

I also still need @1234567890 and @.Rei. You all have 24 hours starting now. If you don't get your writeups in I will be giving out strikes.

Once all the writeups are in we can move on to the next cycle!

• Like 1

hey alex, i'll have my write-ups in between 10AM and 12PM my time tomorrow. I'm trying to like. Not be distracted while making some figures and finishing up my citations until then! (I may be busy like the next 3 weeks but I don't anticipate missing write-ups and things like that!)