Films of the Decade Rankdown

Alex95

Oh actually I forgot I have another power to hand out thanks to my terrible math skills! The power will remain a secret until next cycle is revealed.

You will all pm/dm me a ranking of the other nine rankers. Who you rank at the top is who you'd most like to see receive a power. Who you rank at the bottom is who you'd least like to see receive a power. I will average all the rankings together and the top two will receive a special power! You have 24 hours to send me your rankings (and get your writeup in if you haven't)

@aliasocfan @*Chris @NGM @1234567890 @Steven_ @.Rei @totes4totes @Deeee @#jeah @Elliott

• Alex95 changed the title to Films of the Decade Rankdown (Twist Announcement)

Straight Outta Compton

source.gif

So let me get this write-up out of the way before I end up getting myself a strike. Straight Outta Compton was released in 2015 and is categorized as an American biographical drama film. The film was directed by F. Gary Gray and disturbed by Universal Pictures. The movies tells the story of the real rise and fall of the gangsta rap group N.W.A and its members Eazy-E, Ice Cube, and Dr. Dre. The members of the group were involved in the production of the movie, Ice Cube. Dr. Dre and Eazy's E's widow, Tomica Woods-Wright. MC Ren and DJ Yella served as creative consultants. Ice Cube is played by his real-life son, O'Shea Jackson Jr., with Corey Hawkins as Dr. Dre and Jason Mitchell as Eazy-E. Paul Giamatti also stars as N.W.A's manager Jerry Heller. The movie made 201.6 million dollars worldwide and has an 89% score on RT. It's a good film but it's getting to the point where every cut is going to upset someone.

2 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

I sent you my rankings Alex!

Also an FYI. My grandmother passed so I’ll be out until November 8th probably. So @FrogLenzen will be my sub. Worst case scenario he can ask @Deeeewhat I’d cut/save.

So sorry for your loss, Megan. My sincerest condolences to you and your family :( :hug:

• Like 1

s592.png

5bJeEvfOnNyNoNCOCpCOcdETS-ua3_kwlVwXfUXrt9bP1L14tqKkLasuyBiOEGpnwwgtWhQBTXL0Sqo3hkVg0xxYV2Zu8LkLOsUXfV12s3T_NfJ6Ijg4fYEBl-s_hfrwlBhRdvYChiLtvS0

A movie with an approval rating of 98% on RottenTomatoes, Timbuktu was released in 2014 where it got its debut at Cannes Film Festival - it was the winner of the Ecumenical Jury as well as the Francois Chalais Prize. Despite it being a movie appreciated by many critics, I haven't seen this movie which is why I nominated it - at this point of the game, I feel it is important that we have as many films in the end game that the majority of the rankers have seen, and I doubt the majority of us seen this film. 

Back to the movie now, it is a Mauritanian-French film that was co-written by Abderrahmane Sissako.  As referred by the title of the movie, it explores the occupation of Timbuktu, Mali by extremist Isla mists bearing a jihadist black flag. In the denizens of the city, we are introduced to Kidane who accidently kill a fisherman after the latter killed Kidane's cow - this lead to his arrest by the jihadists. The only way for Kidane to survive is to have the victim's family forgive him and must pay blood money of 40 cattle - his daughter would find a way to corral the cattle. However, he is not forgiven by the family which meant he is sentenced to death - the end of the movie is incredibly tragic by what I just read.