Films of the Decade Rankdown

Alex95

This Is 40

220px-This_is_40.jpg

Do I feel sorta bad for cutting a movie with Leslie Mann and Paul Rudd? A little. Do I feel a lot better bc I'm finally making this cut and helping end Chris' round of noms? Absolutely. So since the good outweighs the bad, that makes it so much easier. This is 40 is comedy released on 2012, and it acts as a sorta sequel to Knocked Up, a movie that was released on 2007, and for that it's not in the rankdown (yeah, we have added pointing out obvious things to my repertoire, a new low for me). The film had mixed reception, with people praising the cast and acting, but the length of the film and lack of direction was an issue. ggwp.

Save: Killing Them Softly

ABOUT TIME

About_Time_(2013_film)_Poster.jpg

Huh, so this isn't the Justin Timberlake film. I thought it was and that was going to be easy to do a write-up on real quick. But here we go, as per Wikipedia: About Time is a 2013 rom-com film that was filmed in Britain. It involves time travel and is the story of a young man who travels in the past to try and improve his future. We've all seen enough films to know that's a bad idea. It stars Rachel McAdams, so if you thought this was The Time-Traveller's Wife, you'd be forgiven. It made $87.1 million against a $12 million budget, so at least it turned a profit! Despite that, the film earned mixed responses from critics, which isn't surprising since most rom-coms are pretty generic.

Edited by Elliott

Albert Nobbs (2011)

Bad Teacher (2011)

Sucker Punch (2011)

The Paperboy (2012)

V/H/S (2012)

The Iceman (2013)

Cake (2014)

Magic Mike XXL (2015)

The Revenant (2015)

Trainwreck (2015)

The Purge: Election Year (2016)

Kong: Skull Island (2017)

Mother! (2017)

Victoria & Abdul (2017)

Sicario: Day Of the Soldado (2017)

Zombieland 2: Double Tap (2019)

Sucker Punch

tumblr_polg5gO0KG1tdkro1o3_r1_500.gifv

I remember seeing this movie in theaters and not hating it. It's an easy cut out of the nominees though for me. Sucker Punch was released in 2011 and is categorized as an American psychological fantasy action film. The movie was directed by Zack Zyner who is finally getting his version of Justice League released via HBO MAX so good on him for that. The film was written by Zack Snyder and Steve Shibuya. The film stars Emily Browning as Babydoll, who is a young woman who is committed to a mental institution and copes by envisioning it as a brothel. She teams up with four dancers/prisoners to escape the mental institution before her scheduled lobotomy. The film has a lot of fantasy elements to it and has a video game aspect to it. as which each level. Abbie Cornish, Jena Malone, Vanessa Hudgens and Jamie Chung portray the other four prisoners/dancers. The film sounds weird but it's not that weird. If you watch it it will make sense. :dead: The film holds a 22% score on Rotten Tomatoes. The film received negative reviews and was considered a box office failure.

Saving: The Revenant

tumblr_mi4qa67gVp1ryx31oo1_500.gif

Bad Teacher

Everybody always posting right before I go to bed! So again another quick write up so I can get my perfect save in that I will have to fix in the morning. Bad Teacher is a Cameron Diaz film where she plays...a bad teacher. Cameron Diaz really peaked with Being John Malkovich and then rode on being THE woman for mediocre films since then. I think 2011 was kind of the tail end of the Cameron Diaz comedy/rom com and this is kind of the last hurrah of the Cameron Diaz era. It focuses on Diaz who returns to teaching after he wealthy fiancé dumps her so she can make enough money to get breast implants. Yup. Justin Timberlake is also in this. It’s been sooooo long but I think they were like kind of a thing once? Anyway I’ll fix this all in the morning and do my proper research on Justin Timberlake’s dating life.

saving: Magic Mike XXL

Edited by totes4totes

The movie Just Mercy starring Michael B. Jordan and Jamie Foxx is free to rent on streaming platforms for the month of June. During this time watch this film and have those important conversations about racism with your families and loved ones. 👊🏿👊🏾👊🏽👊🏼👊🏻 

Edited by 1234567890
  • Like 5

Kong Skull Island

Hopefully this will be 100 words. I always end up short when I do this on my phone. I can say I know two things about this movie. The first is the casting director must like Marvel movies. They got Captain Marvel, Loki and Nick Fury in this. The second is the director got really up in arms over cinema sins. (Or was it honest trailers? Hmm) Why would they spent time watching that video on YouTube? Next thing you'll tell me if they are vanity searcher on Twitter. That also takes a special kind of self hatred. I almost forgot, this movie has King Kong, other big monsters and a giant spider, so screw this movie.

Save Zombieland 2