Films of the Decade Rankdown

Alex95

Colette

Colette_(2018_movie_poster).png

source.gif

These nomination are terrible but so were Nico & Chris's so nothing really new in this game. 

Colette is a 2018 biographical drama based upon the life of French novelist Colette. The movie follows the story of Sidonie-Gabrielle Colette as she moves to the artistic splendor of Paris after getting married to a successful Parisian writer known as Willy. Colettes starts ghostwriting for Willy and begins writing a semi-autobiographical novel about a girl named Claudine, sparking a bestseller and a cultural sensation in the public. The cast of the film included Keira Knightley, Dominic West, Eleanor Tomlinson, Denise Gough and Aiysha Hart. Reviews of the film were great with some critics calling it "a throughly entertaining biopic" . The film currently holds a Tomatoscore of 87 and a Metascore of 74. Kiera Knightley is one of those actors whose films I just don't feel like watching as they all look very boring to me. Maybe is not the case with this one but who I will never know cause I will probably never watch this.

Saving Esteros

tumblr_ohkrps9voY1qaa0sjo3_250.gifv

26 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Lilting, Esteros, Colette, Hearts Beat Loud, Pride, Tom at the Farm, Heartbeats... Elliott really said f*ck the gays this round :dead: 

The fact that I've never heard of any of these movies...

*Carrie Bradshaw voice* It was then I begin to wonder, was I the problem?

Enough Said

Enough_Said_(film).jpg

To stick with the trend of when I cannot decide what to do, I do what the first person who reached out suggests. This movie came out in 2013. It is both written and directed by Holofcenter. It has a impressive cast with Julia-Louis Dreyfus, James Gandolfini and Toni Collette (who was robbed of all the awards for Hereditary).  I believe this was one of the last movies that James Gandolfini did. 

The movie had a budget of 8 million. It's Box Office was 25.6 million. Well done! It has a 95% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes. The average score 7.7/10. (out of 190 reviews).  Metacritic has a very similar score of 78 out of 100. (out of 44 reviews) According to Wiki, it was the fifth best reviewed movies that came out that year. 

Saving Heartbeats

220px-Hacksaw_Ridge_poster.png

Hacksaw Ridge

I love a good war drama but about 50% of the time, war dramas end up being very boring. Crazy to think since the backdrop is WAR but I think I'm more a glutton for war dramas that show the real human toll and stupidity of war. Thinking like Full Metal Jacket and All Quiet on the Western Front. Or even The Battle of Iwo Jima. Anyway, Hacksaw Ridge is the story of Desmond Doss a pacifist combat medic who, as a Seventh Day Adventist, was a conscientious objector to the war and eventually became the first conscientious objector to be awarded the Medal of Honor for his service at the Battle of Iwo Jima. It stars BRITISH-American actor Andrew Garfield as the AMERICAN combat medic. You know what. Sidebar. There are fields of people up in arms when like a superhero is played by a black person or otherwise a POC but British people playing American heroes? That slides for that group of people. Almost as if it's not about accuracy. Anyway. Sidebar over. Anyway, Mel Gibson directed this movie and Mel Gibson sucks. But people ignore that Mel Gibson sucks because he's a white man in Hollywood with a famous name. Remember that time he got a DUI and then went on an anti-semitic tirade against the arresting officers for not allowing him to drive home? Hollywood does not. Because he made a war film and it was good. All is forgiven now. Apparently.

Saving: Incendies