Films of the Decade Rankdown

Alex95

With some guidance, I came up with nominations.  Hopefully nothing note worthy is in here. 

Boss Baby 
Sausage Party 
Rango
Puss in Boots
The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part
The Grinch
Jumanji: The Next Level
Cars 2
Trolls
Sing
Despicable Me 3
Kung Fu Panda 3
The Peanuts Movie
The Lorax
Mewtwo Strikes Back: Evolution
Dumbo
The Lion King
The Secret Life of Pets 2

2 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Sis, I am saving it.

WE ALL KNOW I CAN'T READ. 🙃

It's not that great of a movie. It felt like a collection of shorts rather than a full movie but if you don't care about the nominations I see you r struggle.

2 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

WE ALL KNOW I CAN'T READ. 🙃

It's not that great of a movie. It felt like a collection of shorts rather than a full movie but if you don't care about the nominations I see you r struggle.

I don't care for any of them nominated :haha:

giphy.gif

Sausage Party

Sorry, Elliott, I know you've been saving this movie but I've been chomping at the bit to cut it because I genuinely do not like this movie at all! I'm not somebody who hates raunchy comedies but I think there's a line where you can tell when a movie is made by men for men (and more specifically like men under the age of 25). And though I sometimes like to believe I'm a bro at heart occasionally, Sausage Party just isn't a movie for me. However, it did get surprisingly positive reviews claiming that the movie is pretty funny which is really all this stupid movie can ask for. And there are more movies in this group that were less positively received but I'm cutting it for two reasons: 1) the offensively racist bisexual taco played by Selma Hayek and 2) the fact that the directors created shitty work conditions for the animators not giving credit to 36 of them in the movie and threatening to blacklist them from the industry if they complained or didn't comply with overtime without pay. That second claim has been backed up in a lot of credible publications like Variety. For those two reasons I'm cutting Sausage Party! Sorry to its fans!

Saving: The Peanuts Movie

The Lion King

200.gif

I really should back to work instead of horsing around on IDF. I'm going to get fired if I keep this up. This remake/adaption was just so meh for me. I love the original. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THE ORIGINAL. But this just felt so void of charm and emotion. It was lifeless. It sucked everything out of what made the original great. I think the animation was stunning and that really should be commended but they made the animals almost look too real so when they talked or showed it emotion they missed the mark. The best parts of the movie were Timon and Pumbaa but everything else from the voice action and lack of emotion/facial expressions on the animals face really brought this movie down for me. James Earl Jones returning as Mufasa was amazing and was another highlight for the movie. Donald Glover's voice acting not great, Bey's was not great either. Her solo song? Unnecessary. It was no "Speechless" by Jasmine in Aladdin. I actually enjoyed Aladdin more than The Lion King because they changed it up a bit. This was a take by take from the original. It made a sh*t ton of money because it's The Lion King but it was not great. Good, but not great/amazing. I'll update this later with it's RT score and box office #'s but for now it must leave the rankdown. It's the circle of life as there can only be one winner.

Saving: Mewtwo Strikes Back: Evolution

latest?cb=20170307011729

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f6b6a445749726542495f78534e673d3d2d3430393735383736302e313462636539376239386264313536323334393435313233313031352e676966

Inspired by a favourite toy of my childhood, Trolls is a animated musicals that features the voices of Anna Kendrick, Justin Timberlake, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Zooey Deschanel, Christine Baranski, Russell Brand, James Corden, and Gwen Stefani. The movie was released in 2016 where it found great success at the box=office where it grossed $346 million, and many people know the movie due to the hit song "Can't Stop the Feeling!" - I truly cannot stand the song. Am I cutting the movie because of the said song? It certainly played a part in my decision. 

Now onto the movie's plot - The Trolls are discovered by the Bergens who imprison the trolls where they eat them to feel happy. We are then introduced to King Peppy and Princess Poppy find a way to escape - the movie then brings us to the present day where Poppy throw a party to celebrate their escape until the Bergens found them. Throughout the movie, they perform musical number while trying to find a way to escape.  If I am being honest, I thought the movie was just there - it didn't really do honour to the trolls, and I didn't care for the majority of the musical number beside "True Colors". 

SAVING: THE LEGO MOVIE 2 - THE SECOND PART

3 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Remember, don't edit your cut and save post! Refresh it so it counts!

i edited it to fix an error in the title - I didn't think about the editing :haha:

14 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Changing again.

Cut Trolls

Save The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part