Films of the Decade Rankdown

Alex95

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

Richard Linkletter doesn’t get the props he deserves. In this essay, I will...

I literally did a speech in university in my Leadership class about Richard Linkletter and literally everyone else did like college athletes/coaches or CEOs so I got a lot of confused reactions when I started talking :haha: 

#SaveBoyhood

The Artist

The_Artist_Poster.jpg

Hmm. This movie came out in 2011, but it is in black and white as well as silent. Interesting. From the very positive reactions to this movie, I would say they handled it well. Oh, it seems to play into the transition out of silent film. That actually does sound interesting. (honestly I have not watched enough silent films to really appreciate it though.)

It was nominated for several Golden Globes, Academy Awards, BAFTA's and Cesar Awards. Exceptionally impressive. 

The few cast members that I am familiar with are John Goodman (duh), James Cromwell (duh) , Missi Pyle (she worked with Shawnee Smith, so she is amazing), Jen Lilley (General Hospital) and Malcolm McDowell (obviously his most notable role is in Rob Zombies Halloween). 

Saving Boyhood

1 hour ago, totes4totes said:

just realized that i will likely miss this because i believe there is a window of no rain at 5PM EST in which I will be walking home. I hope all of my favorites are cut breaking my heart. 💔

jk now it's sunny. ?????? i hate weather???????????

anyway. i should be able to make it in time now.

Random Nominations

nnyOGIC.png

20th Century Women

High Life

Mirai

Fences

The Report

Leave No Trace

Frances Ha

Molly's Game

First Man

12 Years A Slave

Rogue One: A Star Wars Stor

X-Men: First Class

Martha Marcy May Marlene

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

Pain & Glory

Kick-Ass

The Witch

Wild

The King's Speech

Spy

@#jeah @.Rei @totes4totes @Steven_ @Deeee @aliasocfan @Elliott @NGM @*Chris @1234567890

Happy cutting!