Films of the Decade Rankdown

Alex95

Just now, Alex95 said:

I'm three glasses of wine into My Best Friend's Wedding rewatch and I forgot Dermot Mulroney is the worst leading man ever. He and Julia Roberts deserved each other (I mean that in the worst way possible) and Cameron Diaz deserved better.

Wow. Conversations between my mother and I personified.

34 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

confused why anne brought a star is born back with some american horror stories gifs when she could have just used the meme from the movie:

giphy.gif

anyway my computer struggled hard to get that gif. cannot wait for them to fix the dumb wifi or whatever in my building

It was an excuse to use my favorite gif. 

MUvg.gif

309 movies stands before us, and the movie that we decided to cut is... Stories We Tell. This documentary doesn't seem to be anyone's top favourite, and it has been slipping through the crack while bigger name have been leaving the rankdown. On top of all that, I don't believe that a lot of us have heard about this documentary - it is a Canadian documentary made by a famous Canadian child star and I didn't even hear about it, until now.  So let's see what this movie is about;

Released in 2012, this documemtary was written & directed by Sarah Polley - many of you may know her for being the director of Away from Here and Take This Waltz, but many Canadians like myself know her as a child actress notably in the series Ramona as well as Road to Avonlea in which she portrayed Sarah Stanley.  The documentary is incredibly personal for Sarah as it explores some family secrets - it takes a look at the relationship between her parent, but more importantly it makes her question her identity when it is revealed that her mother had an affair with a Montreal producer whom is her biological father.  Essentially, she wanted to tell her life story in her own words instead of having journalists revealing this secret of her family.  The movie was well-received by many critics and received lots of accolades at different festivals. 

Overall, I would be intrigued in watching the documentary especially knowing who Sarah Polley is. But for now, it is time for this movie to say "aurevoir" to this rankdown. 

Edited by *Chris

Cycle 12 ~The Mini Rounds~

AntiqueRewardingHamadryad-size_restricte

It's time to shrink these rounds down! You all will not be cutting and saving every round. You will choose four rounds you will like to cut and save for. The other five rounds? You will have to sit on the sidelines and hope for the best for your faves. I know it's tough watching from the sidelines so that's why I'm putting some power into your hands. It's up to you which rounds you want to participate in, whether it be your friends or your enemies. Please PM or DM me the four rankers whose rounds you would like to participate in. Obviously the amount of nominations you make will depend on the amount of rankers who decide to participate in your round.

You all have 24 hours to pm me your decisions or I'm randomizing them for you.

@#jeah @Deeee @Elliott @1234567890 @aliasocfan @*Chris @Steven_ @NGM @.Rei @totes4totes