Films of the Decade Rankdown

Alex95

Anna (2019 dir. by Luc Besson)

giphy.gif

Anna is a horrible movie and pretending it's not is delusional! And if you think I am crazy for thinking that, you can just take a look at all the reviews for the movie! 33% on Rotten Tomatoes with an average rating of 4.9/10. Aggregate score of 40/100 on Metacritic. The film was a massive box office flop. Production budget alone was $30 million and the film grossed $31.6 million. So it clearly lost millions from a marketing standpoint. It's a basic movie that is so far from good that I almost thought the film was meant to be a parody of action films when I saw it in theaters. The film is not nearly as stylish, gripping, or interesting as it should be. I have seen maybe hundreds and hundreds of better action films. You could tell the film wanted to be like La Femme Nikita or even worse, wants to be like the very bad Red Sparrow. But yet the film is so inferior in every way. The time-shifting structure sucked. So many needless flashbacks. 

The director is also a huge rapist! Multiple accounts of rape. Many victims. So like, why keep this film around so long? 

Anyways. The film stars Sasha Luss in the titular role. The film also stars Helen Mirren, Luke Evans, and Cillian Murphy. The plot is basic and centers around an assassin that wants to escape her life of domestic abuse in Russia. She becomes part of the KGB but wants to be out after five years. Head honcho does not want that. So then she works for the CIA as a double informant and takes him out. Fakes her death to escape. The end.

SAVED: Southpaw which is an actually very bad movie and pretending it's not is delusional

Just now, #jeah said:

Those are two different movies?

Homecoming is the first one that shows the aftermath of Spider-Man joining the Avengers and Far From Home is the sequel where Jake Gyllenhaal plays a villain.