Films of the Decade Rankdown

Alex95

Klaus

Klaus_poster.jpeg

I am not really sure if the lack of posting was a good or bad sign. I tried to make a boring battle. 👀

This movie was released back in November of 2019. I was going to make a comment about missing movie theaters, but this was released through Netflix. 

This was a very well received movie. It was nominated at the Academy Awards for Best Animated Feature. It won Best Animated Picture with the British Academy Film Rewards. It also holds a 94% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Some even said it could be considered an instant holiday classic.  It has an impressive 7.89/10 average. It's score on meta critic is 65/100. Too bad I don't typically watch animated movies and I actively dislike Christmas movies. 

Given how liked this movie is, I am surprised Ant Man survived over it. 

Captain America - The First Avenger

Captain_America_The_First_Avenger_poster

I have nominated this movie quite a few times by now, and figured out Avengers would do the trick in taking it down (surprised it was that close tho, should have used Winter Solider instead smh). The movie isn't bad (it's not particularly good either), but it's pretty much what has become the standard formula Marvel uses to introduce characters, and that formula, while solid, doesn't really offer that much of interest in my view (tbh the other problem is that superhero origin stories feel pretty standarized since most of them were written by the same guy lol). Anyway base premise: Steven Rogers gets turned by a serum from a weakling into a superhuman,  and has to stop the Red Skull from using the Teseract to destroy major cities in the world. The movie was pretty successful and established so it could later be used again and again in the MCU. Anyway, bye to this since I don't care for it.

Save: Avengers