Films of the Decade Rankdown

Alex95

I tried to encourage yall to send me some sacrificial lambs. 😭

Since I didn't get any, I just went through the movies (obviously in chronological order) and found movies that were low enough box office. Then the people who reached out got movies they liked removed.  🤷‍♀️

CONVICTION

Here I am cutting the only movie I’ve seen out of the one remaining as it’s easier to write about it and I don’t need to do research about it. So the movie is based on a real life story and it features Hilary Swank, Sam Rockwell, Melissa Leo, and the underrated Minnie Driver. The movie is about a woman who goes to law school to fight for her brother who’s been wrongfully convicted - she ends up winning the case with determination. I really like the movie and the portrayal were excellent - I’ll update this later too with more about the movie and my thoughts on it. 

SAVING:  Made In Dagenham

Edited by *Chris

Submarine (2010 dir. by Richard Ayoade)

tumblr_mc0h3f9m4Q1qcja7co1_500.gif

Both remaining options were very, very good films. This is not an easy choice, but the strength of Giamatti in Win Win swayed me to cut Submarine instead. A coming-of-age comedy+drama, Submarine is an adaptation of the 2008 novel of the same name written by Joe Dunthorne. The film stars Craig Roberts, Yasmin Paige, Sally Hawkins, Noah Taylor, Paddy Constantine, and Gemma Chan. Submarine has a soundtrack written and performed by Alex Turner, the lead singer of The Arctic Monkeys. The film made $4.6 million dollars at the box office.

The film is just a very good depiction of an adolescent struggling with real-life problems. The film feels very authentic and never tries too hard. The lead actors are incredible in their performances. Everybody should watch this very underrated film! 

SAVING: Win Win

1 minute ago, NGM said:

I guess this is far from the right time to bring this up but why was Dogtooth included? It was released in 2009
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1379182/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Released in the US in 2010. I said at the beginning of the game that festival runs or international releases in 2009 that get a full US release in 2010 are eligible.

Just now, Alex95 said:

Released in the US in 2010. I said at the beginning of the game that festival runs or international releases in 2009 that get a full US release in 2010 are eligible.

got it, thanks!

Noms:
The Ghost Writer
Love & Other Drugs
Limitless
Scream 4
Argo
Halloween
G.B.F
We’re The Millers
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
Neighbors