Films of the Decade Rankdown

Alex95

1 minute ago, aliasocfan said:

I would just confuse people. I nominated, saved and cut Scream 4. 

Lol you did to me.. I didn’t nominate/cut several times Cause I thought it was your favorite and then you came and cut it  :haha:

Another Earth

ACs6.gifACs6.gif

While looking for gifs for this movie my first takeaway is that the movie looks visually stunning. It very much as an aesthetic and I am here for it. Another Earth was released in 2011 and is categorized as an American independent science fiction drama film. The film was directed by Mike Cahill and it starred Brit Marling, William Mapother and Robin Lord Taylor. So who?, who? and the guy who played The Penguin on the television show, Gotham. It premiered at the 27th Sundance Film Festival. The film was was distributed by Fox Searchlight Pictures. The film followed Rhoda Williams played by Brit Maling as a 17-year old girl who has spent her life fascinated by astronomy and she is accepted into MIT. She celebrates by drinking with friends and drives home drunk afterward. She ends up hitting a stopped car at an intersection and puts John Burroughs played by William Mapother in a coma and killing his pregnant wife and young son. Wow. She is sent to jail for four years and upon release she chooses to work with her hands and to have minimal contact with other people She becoms a janitor at her former high school. One day Rhoda sees John laying a toy at the accident site. She visits his house to apologize. He answers the door and she loses her nerve. She pretends to be a maid offering a free day of cleaning as a marketing tool for a cleaning service he accepts her offer. John has no idea that Rhoda is the woman responsible for the death of his wife and son. Previously, Rhoda enters an essay contest sponsored by a millionaire entrepreneur who is offering a civilian space flight to the mirror Earth. This will come into play later. He asks her to come back next week and they develop a relationship and end up having sex. This is all within time and not straight away. In a twist of fate, Rhoda wins the essay contest and is chosen to be one of the first to travel to the other Earth. John asks her not to go when she tells him because he believes they might have a future together. She finally decides to tell him the truth about who she his. He is angry and throws her out of the house. I will finish this up later because the plot of this movie sounds really good but for now it leaves the rankdown.

Save: The Ape Movie

https://i.gifer

AAAABSJi_gUAinIiUqv-wglwsmehXQjnhxT01qLFGmDBockyRZLrAVgZ75BP2MaODnRaI_8bhJbu4qXaHEVvMwFHc_8qXzzfFGcqoSOs.png?r=d98

tumblr_oh2t13pzZ71rg5f9ko4_540.gif

As I mentioned earlier, I do not necessarily care for any of the movies nominated so this write-up should be fun! This movie was released in 2016 where it was based on a novel from the same name & it was directed by Martin Scorsese. The movie stars Andrew Garfield, Adam Driver, Liam Neeson, Tadanobu Asano, and Ciaran Hinds. The movie is considering a "epic historical drama" which takes place in Nagasaki, Japan. The story of the movie is about two Jesuit priests who travel from Portugal to Edo-era Japan to find their missing mentor & spread the message of Catholicism/Christianity while it was suppressed during the Shimabara Rebellion. Anyway, this movie was apparently a long time project for Scorcese who developed it for over 25 years - the movie bombed at the box office, and received some mixed reviews from criticism. 

SAVING: THE SPECTACULAR NOW

Edited by *Chris

TIGERS ARE NOT AFRAID

Tigers_Are_Not_Afraid.jpg

Tigers Are Not Afraid, or Vuelven as its known by its Spanish title, is a Mexican crime fantasy film. It premiered on September 24, 2017 at Fantasic Fest before having a wide release in Mexico in November of that same year. The film was written and directed by Issa López, and stars Paola Lara, Juan Ramón López, Ianis Guerrero, Rodrigo Cortes, Hanssel Casillas, Nery Arredondo, and Tenoch Huerta. The film, coined a "dark fairy tale" in its promotional material, is about a group of five children trying to survive the horrific violence of the cartels created every day by the drug war. Looking at the poster for it, I want to say it sounds familiar - I might've seen a trailer or something for it. The film received critical acclaim upon its wide release, and currently has a 97% at Rotten Tomatoes. The film has earned a total of five awards so far, which is nice to see.

SAVE: Overlord

Cycle 10 ~The Battle Round~

giphy.gif

I'm sure you've all been waiting for it. Everyone's favorite round! When it's your turn, you will nominate two films to be nominated. The other nine rankers will pm or dm me which film they'd like to see win the battle and stay in the game. Majority rules, one stays and one is out of the game! I will reveal the vote total and which film has been eliminated when I receive all the votes. You will have 24 hours to do your writeup from the point the results get eliminated or I will hand out strikes.

Here is the nominating order:

JFTndnk.png

So @aliasocfan has the first battle! Please post it whenever you're ready.

@NGM @Deeee @totes4totes @Elliott @.Rei @#jeah @1234567890 @*Chris @Steven_