• Julia Gargano
    • Aliana Jester
    • Sophia Wackerman
    • Kimmy Gabriela
    • Other?
  2. 2. Gender?

• Male
    • Female

Arthur Gunn will be the first international winner.  And Idol needs something different. 

With Francisco, he really needs to work on his confidence to manage his stress.   It's a lot tougher outside the show.

• Thanks 1

It is super clear that the Final 3 is Arthur/Sam/Francisco. Depending on how well they do, I can see Makayla and Julia coming thru, maybe even Grace because of her exposure from the last vote.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, m1key said:

It is super clear that the Final 3 is Arthur/Sam/Francisco. Depending on how well they do, I can see Makayla and Julia coming thru, maybe even Grace because of her exposure from the last vote.

Is it though????...i know the show is pushing for that, but an Asian hasn't won American Idol ever!!!...and a lot of Francisco and Arthur fans live outside the USA...and Sam isn't the type of singer that usually wins these shows...

Edited by kenboy123
13 hours ago, kenboy123 said:

Is it though????...i know the show is pushing for that, but an Asian hasn't won American Idol ever!!!

Laine is half Korean.

My guess is on Arthur.

I don't think the remote settings and rushed schedule are going to help any of the female contestants.

It's pretty obvious that it will be Arthur or Francisco. The rush formate makes it a popular contest now

But i would be pleasantly surprised if Makayla could pull through. She has a bigger fanbase than we thought

27 minutes ago, Sept390 said:

It's pretty obvious that it will be Arthur or Francisco. The rush formate makes it a popular contest now

But i would be pleasantly surprised if Makayla could pull through. She has a bigger fanbase than we thought

I think everybody is underestimating her fan base as well. I think people are forgetting that she made the Semifinals on AGT and had voters that got her there, so she will likely have them + her new supporters from Idol to vote for her here. This will help propell her really far.

My personal opinion is that it doesn't actually matter who wins although it's nice to see your favorite get that Glory. Like my favorite is Louis KnightI would love to see him come out the winner but let's face it winning isn't always everything it's how you play the game after the show. I just hope you come out of this with a contract and a huge fan base.

1 hour ago, m1key said:

I think everybody is underestimating her fan base as well. I think people are forgetting that she made the Semifinals on AGT and had voters that got her there, so she will likely have them + her new supporters from Idol to vote for her here. This will help propell her really far.

But as a belter type singer, the home format will work more against her.

7 hours ago, mytake1 said:

But as a belter type singer, the home format will work more against her.

I don't really think she is a "belter" type singer...i think she is the more "pop star" type singer...sure she can "shout" and hit notes, but she isn't really doing that...maybe like a few notes in a performance...but I don't really agree that belter singers will come off as badly as you think in a home format....some "belter" singers come off just as well as "laid back" type singers in home covers...

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, KelseyW said:

No matter who wins this year... How will the "win" be announced? Hoping it won't be too awkward...

There won't be any confetti...no one clapping for them....*awkward moment*...

• Sad 1

Confetti drop, audience clapping - that's all surface stuff. 

The winner will still get a record deal which guarantees them an album release.  They will also get money and promo, even though it may be virtual for now.

There's musicians twice their age, who are still waiting for their breaks, who have never gotten those opportunities.

• Like 2
15 hours ago, dchal1 said:

I'm sure their families will be there by their side. Although it still sucks because there's no audience. But it is what it is. 

What if they live alone? (I don't know if any one of them does)....

On 4/23/2020 at 1:17 AM, KelseyW said:

No matter who wins this year... How will the "win" be announced? Hoping it won't be too awkward...

Probably the same way they announced who was advancing between Grace and Lauren.

• Sad 1

I'm going to go with Arthur (with Francisco as a potential dark horse). The format definitely favors the singer-songwriter types. If any female has a shot, it would probably be Julia.

On 4/22/2020 at 10:17 PM, KelseyW said:

In addition to this, I'm interested in what they'll do in terms of the coronation song. Will there be an original or similar to Season 9 where the songs were from other artists.

• Like 1