Disney Characters Rankdown

Steven_

Grumpy

src8MOC.gif

I hate to be cutting another dwarf, but I think this is my best option.  I also like the irony of me cutting Happy and now Grumpy. :giggle: If there's no room for happiness in this rankdown, we sure shouldn't have grumpiness either!  But yes, Grumpy is another one of the dwarfs from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and he is the first dwarf to be cut after outlasting Snow White herself, so wow.  He is also the third highest ranking dwarf. All of that is quite the accomplishment for Grumpy (but I'm sure he'll remain grumpy). After all, Grumpy is a grouchy and short-fused little guy. He likes to wear a scowl on his face and get annoyed with everyone else. I'm sure at times we can relate to Grumpy... and maybe each of the other dwarfs as well.  Grumpy has a warm heart deep down, but he doesn't like to show it. Also, I know there are bigger Frozen fanatics in this game, but I am now three for three in saving Olaf. ❤️(!) 

Saving: Olaf

original.gif

Barley Lightfoot

007c5f40b51f2dc2186f8559afa5200afc997012

The irony of me cutting Barley Lightfoot on Father's Day. If you have seen the movie Onward you'll know what I talking about. I was originally going to cut Zero but the more I thought about it the more it didn't feel right. Barely Lightfoot (along with the rest of the characters from Onward) are the newest additions to the Disney empire so they have had the least time in our minds and hearts, unfortunately. Barley Lightfoot is an elf and along with Ian Lightfoot is one of the main characters in Onward. He was introduced in 2020. He is the older brother of Ian, the son of Lauren and Wilden. Barley is the goofy, carefree brother who believes in magic; magic that has gone away as technology has progressed. On Ian's 16th birthday, Ian and Barely receive a gift from their deceased father presented by their mother. The gift is magic and essentially the chance to for Wilden Lightfoot to be brought back to life for one day. The brother both go on this journey when only half of their father shows up. :dead: In the end they succeed but because of a dragon threatening their lives (Ian, Laurel and Barley) only one of the brothers can see their father in full. Ian sends Barley and he is finally able to say goodbye to his father when he was sick. Something he was scared to do when he was alive and he has always regretted. Ian realizes that even though he didn't have a father growing up he's always had Barley. Barley was his mentor, protector and best friend. Barley finally is able to say goodbye to his father and it's beautiful. 😭 Barley says goodbye to this rankdown which is not beautiful but it must be done.

Save: Pinocchio

• Sad 1

Christopher Robin (Winnie the Pooh)

10YU.gif

A truly heartbreaking cut. But two of my most beloved Disney characters were still in danger, and I was asked for safety for the third. Therefore, Christopher Robin is eliminated by process of elimination. Not because of pettiness or because I dislike the character! I really love Winnie the Pooh so much. I actually get quite emotional while watching any of the older films or television shows. There is just something very touching about the series, and Christopher Robin is quite often at the center of what makes this such a beautiful, endearing series. 

His imaginative, playful, and adventurous personality is what led to the creation of the Hundred Acre Wood that we love so much. His vivacious mind is what gave birth to Winnie, Eeyore, Piglet, Tigger, Rabbit, Kanga, and Roo! While he may often get a bit too adventurous and end up in trouble, Christopher Robin is always caring for and guiding his friends in such a beautiful way. This kid is wise beyond his years, which is always evident despite the harrowing adventures he embarks on with his friends. 

Christopher Robin is always an important presence in the films and television shows, but he never receives too much screen time. His personality is also not a very distinct one, as he behaves like a pretty typical child: adventurous, loves to play, loves his toys, etc. But that does not mean he is lacking in magical moments. In fact, he has many scenes that have brought me to tears in the past. Conversations about growing up, parting ways with old memories and loved ones, becoming more responsible, etc. but always having love for the people/things that were there for us in our past.

Definitely a legendary character with many an appearance over the years. This elimination is a bummer, so sorry to any of his fans. I was left with a tough decision to make. 

SAVING: Zero

• Sad 1

Ok, I’m back! Sorry I was so absent the past two rounds, but we were away for the weekend. 

Pleakley

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ3T6dqmo7X764kHBHDNth

This was a tough one to be left with, but between the two I have to go with this one. Huey, Dewey, and Louie have been in so much Disney content throughout the years that I definitely think they shouldn’t meet their collective end yet. So instead I’m choosing to eliminate Pleakley who is a character from Lilo and Stitch. I do really enjoy the movie Lilo and Stitch, but I don’t have the same level of attachment to it as some of the others because I didn’t really grow up with it. Anyways, Agent Wendell Pleakley is an agent for the Galactic Federation who is sent to Earth to locate and capture Experiment 626 (Stitch), along with Dr Jumba Jookiba. Pleakley has been sent because he is considered an “Earth expert” (even though he really is not!). The pair pursues Stitch around Hawaii and has many failed attempts to capture him. After too many failings, the Grand Councilwoman fires them and they continue to attempt to capture Stitch using their own methods/rules. He winds up helping Nani and Stitch rescue Lilo after she is captured by Gantu. Ultimately, at the end of the movie, he stays behind on Earth to become part of Lilo’s ohana. I really haven’t watched any of the other movies or tv shows in this particular franchise, but I know he plays a significant role in a lot of future movies/shows. Again, not a cut I really wanted to make, but between the two it was the more appealing option.

Saving: Huey, Dewey, Louie (again :haha:)
27m.gif

Noms:

Tess Coleman (Freaky Friday)

Sharpay Evans (High School Musical)

Captain Jack Sparrow (Pirates of the Caribbean)

Prince Edward (Enchanted)

Queen Clarisse Renaldi (The Princess Diaries)

Ellie Fredricksen (Up)

Princess Giselle (Enchanted)

Aurora (Sleeping Beauty)

Pegasus (Hercules)

Anita Radcliffe (101 Dalmatians)

David Kawena (Lilo & Stitch)

Mr. Centipede (James and the Giant Peach)

Hei Hei (Moana)

Penny (The Rescuers)

Figaro (Pinocchio)

Zeus (Hercules)

Mr. Centipede

latest?cb=20150222213755

Fun fact, so now that I've been working from home I've been using this time to play Disney movies that I haven't seen or don't remember as well. James and the Giant Peach was one of them that I've watched super recently. Obviously I'm working so I'm not paying super close attention to the movie, but I mean there are very few Disney movies that require your undivided attention lol. Some of the movies I get super into that I stop working lol. James and the Giant Peach was definitely not one of those movies, I found it dreadfully dull. Now, Mr. Centipede was my favorite character though! But I still find him to be a fair cut amongst the nominees. Mr. Centipede was the ultimate stunt queen. He talked himself up like he's some experienced world traveller, but he hasn't gone anywhere. When the characters trust him and follow his lead, they end up in a lot more trouble than they began in. Being the ultimate stunt queen, Mr. Centipede throws himself on the sword multiple times throughout the movie begging for forgiveness and stages multiple near death experiences. Just for the #drama of it all! James and crew all make it to NYC and he falls in love Ms. Spider and becomes the mayor of NYC probably better than any other mayor they've had lol. Anyways, he's my favorite character in the movie, but that's a very low bar and he doesn't hold up to all characters in Disney history.

Saving my FINAL wildcard Tess :))