idolforums.com
Steven_

Disney Characters Rankdown

3 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

THE messiest post are you sure it's not opposite?!

I love you too, Alex. :wub:

Rajah

5aa7df66cb1ba49b17f3464419a6c18e2866954a

I'm on a Zoom call right now for my friends birthday lol, but there were too many Finding Nemo characters and my wildcards nominated for me to ignore! Rajah is the tiger in Aladdin. He doesn't talk so it's hard to really connect with him. He's Jasmine's bff and she uses her to decide whether or not to trust men. Spoiler alert, Rajah doesn't trust many men! He trusts Aladdin though even though he's a f*ckboi who tells a bunch of lies. But I guess Rajah new his ~heart~ is good. Rajah's highlight is when he bites the ass of that assh*le prince lol. But he's an easy cut now.

Save Deb & Flo and Tess

Save Miss Bunny
Cut King Fergus

King Fergus

original.gif

King Fergus is the father of Merida, Harris, Hubert, and Hamish, and the husband of Queen Elinor in Brave. They live in the kingdom of DunBroch in the Scottish Highlands, and he is the protector of his family, as well as the entire kingdom. He is a loud, yet kind man, who is very friendly. He loves to have fun and get into fights with others, but also knows when to be serious and maintain rule over his people.  King Fergus is a heroic warrior with a majestic bear cape and broad sword, as well as a knobby pen leg, due to a fight with the demon bear, Mor'du, who I cut earlier in the rankdown.  He is the complete opposite of his wife, as he does not care so much about tradition, and wants to have fun with his children and not only focus on bringing them up to be royalty.  He is supportive of Merida's use of bows, as he believes a person should learn to protect themselves and believes her archery skills leave her well equipped for self-defense. He also doesn't believe any guy is good enough for Merida. We stan that kind of protective father (to an extent). ❤️  King Fergus is a nice, wise ruler, and loving father, but I am okay with cutting him at this point.

Saving: Miss Bunny

1293a2ae885ffb7ffbb16af124312373.gif

REMAINING:

The Sultan (Aladdin)

Anna Montgomery (The Big Green)

Roquefort (The Aristocats)

Chicken Little (Chicken Little)

Jaq (Cinderella)

Hank  (Finding Dory)

Bubbles (Finding Nemo)

Gill (Finding Nemo)

Jacques (Finding Nemo)

Jock (Lady and the Tramp)

Shenzi, Banzai, and Ed (The Lion King)

cut The Sultan (Aladdin)

cut Chicken Little (Chicken Little)

save Jacques (Finding Nemo)

The Sultan

516?cb=20190320105001

He's lolzy at times, but like most parents in Disney movies, the word that better describes them is meh. Well I don't have anything else to add as far as opinion on him goes, so the basic: he was the ruler of Agrabah, the father of Princess Jasmine, am I missing anything? I think not, which is sad. He's also pretty cookie-cutter in his relationship with Jasmine, he pretty much wants to see her marry someone (we love the 90s bringing back the terrible parts of princesses stories lol). He also spends ~3/4 of the movie being hipnotized by Jafar's staff. Anyway, good job getting him here, but don't care about him that much.

Chicken Little

516?cb=20190624042453

Well, I don't care about this movie at all, so eliminating the main character doesn't really matter to me, soooooo this cut works pretty well. Things I didn't know that I found thanks to google: he was supposed to be female, but they changed it because of the notion that short boys are more likely to be bullied than short girls, so let's lean into stereotypes made its appearance during development. Anyway the basics: he's pretty smart, but no one really pays attention to him (plus him pointing out the sky was falling kinda made him look insane since he had no way to prove it). In the end, he was right (sorta), but do I care? No. Bye!

Save: Jacques

REMAINING:

Anna Montgomery (The Big Green)

Jaq (Cinderella)

Hank  (Finding Dory)

Bubbles (Finding Nemo)

Gill (Finding Nemo)

Posted (edited)

Bubbles

Finding Nemo Disney GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

From the movie Finding Nemo (2003)

515?cb=20160317171419

Voiced by Stephen Root

Milton: Stephen Root from Office Space: Where Are They Now? | E! News

Disney wiki says Bubbles has the fewest lines of the Tank Gang in the movie. But he is definitely memorable... I just couldn't justify him staying over some of the other more main characters left. Fun fact: at Disney's Animal Kingdom in Orlando, they do a stage musical version of Finding Nemo (written by the couple who made the Frozen music) with big puppets kind of like Lion King. Bubbles is one of the Tank Gang in the musical, but Gurgle and Jacques aren't there. Just thought that was interesting. Anyway, Bubbles is obsessed with bubbles. Like many of the Tank Gang, Bubbles is neurotic, possibly due to his captivity. At the end of the movie he escapes into the ocean with the rest of the Tank Gang, but I don't believe they show up in Finding Dory. Wiki says they were considered for a subplot and then cut! Boo. Maybe Finding Nemo 3 will feature them and Megan will finally fall in love with the amazing franchise. 

Save: Gill

Edited by FrogLenzen

c4e3480d3b80a1a66b90f323c56d17e0_w200.gi

This is gonna be short and sweet since mama’s a little wine tipsy tonight :haha: Aristocats is pretty high up on my Disney movie list, but of the supporting mice I prefer Jaq to Roquefort. Roquefort is a friendly mouse who gets along well with all of the kitties. We first see him sharing some milk with the family of cats (not knowing that Edgar was trying to drug them). After dipping his cracker in the tainted milk, Roquefort passes out. He is definitely an ally once the cats go missing, and he works with Frou-Frou to try to find them. He is instrumental in saving them at the end of the movie by being the go-between for O’Malley and the other alley cats. I do love the movie, and really enjoy the character (and the fact that it was the same voice actor as Winnie the Pooh), but I do feel like this is an ok place to lose him.

Saving: Jaq

REMAINING:

Anna Montgomery (The Big Green)

Hank  (Finding Dory)

Cut Jock (Lady and the Tramp)

Save Shenzi, Banzai, and Ed (The Lion King)

Save Anna

Cut Hank 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@Alex95 come get your other wildcard

EDIT - OOP ninja'd by Chris. But Anna is saved!

Edited by FrogLenzen
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

tumblr_lir4c4dpul1qaj6h8o1_400.gif?w=364

THE BIG GREEN SAID ACAB!

Edited by Alex95

HANK

source.gif

Hank was introduced to us in Finding Dory - he is an octopus who lives in the Marine Life Institute. In the movie, he wants to find a way to Cleveland which he can do by having a tag - this is the reason he helps Dory to find her parents. Throughout the movie, Dory & Hank goes on an adventure until Dory gives him the tag - they developed a close bond where he ensures that he'll never forget her.  Towards the end of the movie, he plays somewhat of a heroic role by scaring the truck drivers which freed all the fish. Anyway, what makes him special is that he is septopus as he lost a tentacle. He also appeared in everyone's favourite movie, The Good Dinosaur... And with the cut, Finding Dory does not have any characters remaining beside the one introduced to us in Finding Nemo. 

SAVING: ANNA MONTGOMERY

I need a bit of an extension Steven! Protesting today for a bit. Thank you! 

• Like 2

tumblr_mx3g9jwuVY1qm6oc3o1_500.gif

Jock is an irritable Scottish terrier and the best friend of Trusty, the bloodhound. He first appears in the film while singing "Jock's Song," digging and hiding his bone in a secret spot. Jock is part of Lady's circle of friends, and together they all go visit Trusty. Jock reveals to Lady that Trusty has now lost his sense of smell. He is next seen with Trusty as the two plan on visiting Lady on a perfect day. Lady reveals to Jock and Trusty that she is not being treated the same by her owners, which prompts Jock to reveal to her that they are expecting a baby. Jock begins explaining to Lady what a baby is, until Tramp arrives and pushes him out of the way in order to talk to Lady. Jock does not like this, showing his fiercely loyal side after barking repeatedly at Tramp. Jock is not seen again until the end of the film. At this point, Lady no longer cares for Tramp, and Jock decides to defend Lady from Tramp after he escapes from the dogcatcher. Except Tramp kills an attacking rat, which proves to Jock that Tramps is a good dog. 

Next comes the worst part of the movies. Jock and Trusty try to stop the dogcatcher in his car, and succeed. But Trusty is run over in the process, and Jock cannot get him to stir even after some nudging. Jock begins to cry. SUCH A HORRID SCENE. At the end of the film though, Trusty is revealed to be alive, and joins Jock in celebrating the marriage + puppies created by Tramp and Lady.

Jock can be stingy, irritable, frugal, opinionated, and suspicious, but this is all outweighed by his loyalty, kindness, and patience. He is a very good friend to Lady! Jock continues to appear in numerous Disney films, including the L&TT sequel, 101 Dalmatians, Oliver & Company, and House of Mouse to name a few! Good character, but I prefer the hyenas!

SAVING: Shenzi, Banzai, Ed

I'll have them in tonight.