idolforums.com
Steven_

Disney Characters Rankdown

Wilbur Robinson (Meet the Robinsons)

tenor.gif?itemid=16006788

I actually hadn’t seen this movie until recently after we got Disney+. It was ok, but definitely near the bottom of my list for Disney/Pixar movies overall... Anyways, Wilbur Robinson is the son of Lewis/Cornelius and Franny, who sets the major events of the movie in motion. He leaves the garage door open, which allows Bowler Hat Man to steal a time machine. Then, Wilbur decides to pursue him in the second time machine. He winds up back in time at the school science fair where his father is showing off one of his inventions. A series of mishaps leads to Lewis’ project failing and the time machine breaking. They then make a deal: if Lewis fixes the time machine for Wilbur, Wilbur will take him back in time so he could see his birth mother (though in reality, Wilbur has no intention of doing this). The stakes are high, as robot Carl has warned Wilbur that if they are unsuccessful, there is a chance that Wilbur will never exist! Wilbur spends most of the movie trying to hide Lewis’ true identity from his family, but of course it ultimately comes out.

In the end, they are successful and Wilbur does make good on his promise to take Lewis back to see his birth mother. But, along the way, Lewis has learned that now that he has seen glimpses of his real family he no longer needs that... We end with a nice moment where Wilbur says he never thought his father would wind up being his best friend. Much like I felt about the movie overall, the character wasn’t that memorable when looking at the whole list of Disney characters.

Saving: Chief

Morph (Treasure Planet)

tumblr_mt62esrk801sgscqfo1_500.gif

I think I actually saved Morph in one of the first rounds because he’s adorable, but Treasure Planet is also a movie that hasn’t left much of an impact on me so I’m good with him going out here. It was honestly a random choice as I don’t have much attachment one way or the other to any of the characters left. Morph is the sidekick/pet of John Silver, named for his ability to morph into various objects and shapes. He often uses that to play tricks on others, though it does prove useful to the other main characters. Throughout the course of the movie he becomes very attached to Jim, and also is bothered by the behavior of Silver (his master). While he was prepared to reluctantly stay with Silver at the end of the movie, Silver winds up letting him go be with Jim after seeing Morph literally cry himself into a puddle at the thought of leaving the boy. 

it’s been so long since I’ve seen this movie, I remember pretty much none of this... so now I will add that to my growing list of movies to rewatch. 

Saving: Winston Deavor (mostly because he’s voiced by Bob Odenkirk) 

8 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Yikes, the Meet the Robinson cast is getting attacked this round. :lmao: 

I know! I almost cut Lewis too, but then I felt bad :haha:

7 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Yikes, the Meet the Robinson cast is getting attacked this round. :lmao: 

Bolt, Monsters University and The Rescuers Down Under are already all gone. Where is your concern for them?

Question Mark What GIF by The BarkPost

59 minutes ago, ~*8Kay8*~ said:

near the bottom of my list for Disney/Pixar movies overall

Just in case you were implying that Pixar made this movie - which might not be what you meant - Pixar did not do Meet the Robinsons.

14 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

Bolt, Monsters University and The Rescuers Down Under are already all gone. Where is your concern for them?

Rescuers Down Under robbed!!!!! Did not deserve to be the first movie with all characters gone!!!!! (I mean it's a sequel and there's still the main characters left from the first movie so I'm okay but also it's one of the better sequels in all of Disney sooooooooooo)

7 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Rescuers Down Under robbed!!!!! Did not deserve to be the first movie with all characters gone!!!!! (I mean it's a sequel and there's still the main characters left from the first movie so I'm okay but also it's one of the better sequels in all of Disney sooooooooooo)

Cody deserved better. :closedeyes: It was the first sequel to get a theatrical release by Disney.

10 hours ago, Steven_ said:

It's been a while since I updated my avatar, but I decided to still keep it Hunter x Hunter themed. 😄

It looks nice. ❤️

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Just in case you were implying that Pixar made this movie - which might not be what you meant - Pixar did not do Meet the Robinsons.

I meant the list of movies as a whole, but I could see how that’s what it sounded like I meant. Poor wording on my part. :haha:

18 minutes ago, ~*8Kay8*~ said:

I meant the list of movies as a whole, but I could see how that’s what it sounded like I meant. Poor wording on my part. :haha:

Okay, I thought that might be what you meant! I wish I could also say that Pixar didn't make Cars.............. oh well

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 1234567890 said:

Golden Girls What GIF by TV Land

You posting a "What About It?" gif that isn't the Ariana one? :broken:  

But lol I don't care, but it was just something I noticed this round. :haha: 

1 hour ago, ~*8Kay8*~ said:

I know! I almost cut Lewis too, but then I felt bad :haha:

:dead:  

1 hour ago, 1234567890 said:

I didn't even notice those. :lmao:   

REMAINING:

Fidget (THE GREAT MOUSE DETECTIVE)

Lewis Robinson (MEET THE ROBINSONS)

Sir Ector (THE SWORD IN THE STONE)

Sir Kay (THE SWORD IN THE STONE)

33 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Any preference on who to save? 

Sword in the Stone is a favorite of mine, but those characters aren't worth fighting over I don't think. Lewis is the last one from the Meet the Robinsons movie, so maybe he's worth a save unless you disliked the movie or liked it less than Bolt which already ran out of characters.

2 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Sword in the Stone is a favorite of mine, but those characters aren't worth fighting over I don't think. Lewis is the last one from the Meet the Robinsons movie, so maybe he's worth a save unless you disliked the movie or liked it less than Bolt which already ran out of characters.

I was thinking of saving Lewis :haha:

Saving Lewis & Sir Kay 

Cutting Sir Ector & Fidget

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Lewis is the last one from the Meet the Robinsons movie, so maybe he's worth a save unless you disliked the movie or liked it less than Bolt which already ran out of characters.

Don't forget Monsters University and The Rescuers Down Under. :giggle: