Disney Characters Rankdown

Save Taffyta and Madame Medusa

Cut Powerline and Scuttle

1 hour ago, FrogLenzen said:

Cut Taffyta

A lot of characters getting lucky today. :dead:

Powerline

Powerline.jpg

Can you tell yet that I've never seen A Goofy Movie based on my cuts? Well it's true. Never really cared about seeing it, all the characters seemed vaguely annoying. Powerline is a rock singer that Max looks up to. Max really wants to see Powerline live in concert, or go to a party with him playing or something like that. Max starts lying to people that he knows Powerline and will be on stage at his concert. At this point the entire story seems to be about Powerline and I'm not sure if Powerline has even appeared in the movie at all but okay. At the end of the movie it appears they do appear on stage with Powerline. That's nice I guess, I don't really care. Powerline just exists to be a rockstar and advance the plot. He's not a character on his own. He can go.

Save Taffyta

Scuttle

Profile_-_Scuttle.png

Another animal who screws Ursula over despite her genius plan can bit the dust. Scuttle is a seagull who can apparently talk. He frequently teaches Ariel and her friends about human culture since he lives above the sea. However, he's frequently wrong and calls everything about the wrong name. I'm sure when I was a kid I found that to be the funniest thing ever lol. Scuttle ruins the movie when he discovers Ursula bragging to herself about her evil plan (as all self-respecting Disney villains do) and Scuttle RATS her out. Electric chair! Scuttle works together with Max, who I just cut, to rip the necklace off Ursula, thus ruining her plan. I'm very glad I was able to cut both Scuttle and Max, they caused nothing but trouble.

Save Madame Medusa

I was going to save Scuttle but James and the Giant Peach ruined my plan. :dead:

Duncan & Wynnchell

Cops donut wreck it ralph GIF - Find on GIFER

(Duncan is the round one and Wynnchell is the eclair)

From the movie Wreck-It Ralph (2010)

516?cb=20181231152041

Voiced by Horatio Sanz and Adam Carolla

Horatio Sanz Biography | FandangoAdam Carolla excludes friend from successful podcast project ...

Duncan? Dunkin Donuts? Get it???? Policemen??? Who are donuts?????? GET IT?????????? Duncan and Wynnchell are henchmen from the movie Wreck-It Ralph. They work for the villain, King Candy, in the racing game Sugar Rush. That's the racing game where Vanellope originates. They work to try to keep Ralph and Vanellope out of the Sugar Rush game. These dudes are kind of nasty characters throughout the movie... if you don't like American cops you won't like them. But at the end of it all, when the King is overthrown, they join the new leader of Sugar Rush as security guards. So their alignment seems to be with whoever is in charge. 

Save: Arlo

Roscoe & Desoto

New Oliver & Company Gifs | Disney Amino

(Roscoe is the red collar and Desoto is the blue)

From the movie Oliver & Company (1988)

Oliver & Company screenshots, images and pictures - Comic Vine

Voiced by Taurean Blacque and Carl Weintraub

Taurean Blacque - Bio, Facts, Family | Famous BirthdaysWho is Laurie O'Brien dating? Laurie O'Brien boyfriend, husband

Many many of the nominations so far in this game have been henchmen characters. Not the main villain, but the subordinate, often duo characters. Roscoe and Desoto are no exception. These dobermans belong to the main villain of this movie, Bill Sykes, a human. But really, since the movie is about animals, they are probably more prominent villains than the human guy. Oh well, I already found their pictures and voice actors, so this train has left the station. I'm not sure if they're based on anyone specifically from Oliver Twist... So yeah, these dogs spend a lot of the movie guarding things from our heroes and chasing our heroes around. Holy sh*t, am I reading this right? They both get electrocuted and die at the end of the movie??? Why don't I remember that? Dang Disney, you scary.

Save Sir Hiss

10 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

giphy.gif?w=702&ssl=1

HEW? 🕵️‍♂️

I saved this when I though this was nominated...

roald dahl anniversary GIF by Disney

SMH.

Save Big Mama (Fox & The Hound) & Basil of Baker Street (Great Mouse Detective)

Cut Butch (The Good Dinosaur) & Flotsam and Jetsam (The Little Mermaid)

Butch

0L3SSKu.jpg?1

Butch is a Tyrannosaurus from The Good Dinosaur, who runs a ranch full of prehistoric longhorns. He is the father of siblings, Nash and Ramsey, and was also seen as a mentor to Arlo on his journey to find his way home. Butch is known for having a large scar across his face,  which he got after fighting off three crocodiles when he tried to get a drink of water after walking for five days in the 100 degree weather. So, Butch is tough and has been through a lot. He has a crocodile tooth stuck in his gums as a souvenir of that night.  Butch shares with Arlo that nobody can outrun fear, but they can get through it.  Inspiring words from this T-Rex.  Arlo and Spot help Butch locate his missing herd of longhorns before they depart and Arlo sets back on his way to get home.  I'm glad Arlo was saved already this round, and while I didn't even realize it, my cut of Butch leaves only Arlo and Spot remaining to represent The Good Dinosaur.  That is fitting, although it remains to be seen if Spot will survive this round. 

Saving: Big Mama

f49542d484724014d4a2df4985ba9fad.gif

I'm still mad I saved the wrong James. :dead: I think this is the first time I saved the wrong person? Maybe not since I don't read. #Justice4Scuttle

Flotsam and Jetsam

7br0S6k.jpg?1

I feel like we've lost quite a few characters from The Little Mermaid in these last couple rounds, and I have contributed to that,  but there are thankfully still many characters left from the movie as well.  Flotsam and Jetsam are a pair of moray eels and they are known for being Ursula's minions, They sneak around Atlantica, report to Ursula, and set out to do whatever she tells them.  They always speak in unison and finish each other's sentences, so they are a true pair. They can even combine their eyes to form a crystal ball that allows Ursula to view the outside world, which is pretty cool. My childhood memories of them are not the greatest, as I'm sure they gave me nightmares, but they definitely did their part in helping Ursula with all her sea witch plots. 

Saving: Basil of Baker Street 

tumblr_mr8p3wDQMK1qhzhxjo4_250.gifv

5 hours ago, *Chris said:

I didn’t expect to get this much reactions regarding my nominations :dead:

LOL this is me whenever I nominate in every Rankdown game. :dead: 

• Haha 1

Just now, 1234567890 said:

Powerline does appear in the movie, @Alex95. :dead:

Yeah but like does he do anything besides sing lol?

1 minute ago, Alex95 said:

Yeah but like does he do anything besides sing lol?

No. Max and Goofy go to his show and get on stage and perform with him. :dead: This was after Goody entrusted Max with the map because they were on a road trip and Max was taking him to Los Angeles for the show instead of Goofy’s destination. :haha:

Remaining:

Frou Frou (Aristocats)

The Queen (A Bug’s Life)

Tipo and Chaca (Emperor’s New Groove)

Spot (The Good Dinosaur)

Captain Gantu (Lilo & Stitch)

Grand Councilwomen (Lilo & Stitch)

Pete (Mickey and Friends)

Cody (The Rescuers Down Under)

Jake (The Rescuers Down Under)

Sheriff of Nottingham (Robin Hood)

Alpha, Beta, Gamma (Up)

Charles F. Muntz (Up)

34 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

someone save Pete

I would have saved him if I didn’t think James from James and the Giant Peach was nominated. :dead:

5 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

I would have saved him if I didn’t think James from James and the Giant Peach was nominated. :dead:

You would have saved Scuttle and Pete???

chicago blackhawks hockey GIF

6 hours ago, *Chris said:

I didn’t expect to get this much reactions regarding my nominations :dead:

1 hour ago, *Wallace said:

LOL this is me whenever I nominate in every Rankdown game. :dead: 

Same.