idolforums.com
Steven_

Disney Characters Rankdown

Save: John Smith & James

Cut: Bowler Hat Guy & Thunderclap

Gypsy (A Bug's Life)

tumblr_n67worUxyl1qbx767o1_500.gif

WERK GYPSY.

I promise that I am not trying to gut A Bug's Life. I just happen to like a lot of the characters nominated by Chris, so Gypsy is one of the easiest cuts for me to make.

Gypsy is, of course, a gypsy moth. One of the Circus Bugs, she is a very kind soul. Gypsy is also a bit squeamish when it comes to violence or gore. But do not count her out. When her back is against the wall, Gypsy is a super brave individual. This can be seen when she protects Manny, her husband, from the grasshoppers. Her bravery is also seen when she lures the bird away from Heimlich

That is about all I remember about Gypsy. I hope people are not too upset by this cut.

SAVING: Syndrome

Bowler Hat Guy

tenor.gif?itemid=8074344

Bowler Hat Guy. What an interesting name. Like I have said, I'm not really big on Meet the Robinsons and have only watched it once. 100 words for this guy is going to be rough. I will do more research and go more in depth later but for now he gets this write-up so ensure my safeties. So the Bowler Hat Guy is also known as Michael "Goob" Yagoobian. He is the secondary antagonist in Meet the Robinsons. That is a fancy why of saying he is the second villain in the movie. I thought he was the first. I should probably watch the movie again because I don't remember much if any at all. Disney+, here I come. He's the bad guy in the movie and we all know bad guys in Disney movies never win. He was voiced by Stephen J. Anderson as an adult, and Matthew Josten as a young boy. This will be revised at a later date.

Saving: John Smith

Thunderclap

tumblr_pldprqg0g41w3qc55o4_500.gifv

I really don't like the movie The Good Dinosaur. I find the movie so tedious and boring to get through. Like a modern day Bambi if you will. I tried watching the movie once and I stopped midway because I was so bored. It didn't help that Pixar released two films that year and it was the superior in every way, Inside Out. The animation didn't capture me and it looked low by Pixar's standards tbh. I repeat I don't like this movie. I figured some may like it so I chose to cut a minor character from the film as opposed to a big one. Thunderclap is the main antagonist from The Good Dinosaur which was released in 2015.. He is a Nyctosaurus and the leader of a ferocious gang of Pterosaurs. He is not the main character like Bolt so I figured no one will miss him. I know I won't.

Save: James

25 minutes ago, Deeee said:

I promise that I am not trying to gut A Bug's Life. I just happen to like a lot of the characters nominated by Chris, so Gypsy is one of the easiest cuts for me to make.

Sorry  - it's hard to come up with 32 characters :( 

Just now, *Chris said:

Sorry  - it's hard to come up with 32 characters :( 

No worries. Not upset! I think the nominations were fine (aside from the two I saved). I just want a lot of them to survive because of personal reasons. :lmao:

Remaining:

Frou Frou (Aristocats)

The Queen (A Bug’s Life)

Tipo and Chaca (Emperor’s New Groove)

Big Mama (Fox & The Hound)

Arlo (The Good Dinosaur)

Butch (The Good Dinosaur)

Spot (The Good Dinosaur)

Basil of Baker Street (Great Mouse Detective)

Flotsam and Jetsam (The Little Mermaid)

Captain Gantu (Lilo & Stitch)

Grand Councilwomen (Lilo & Stitch)

Scuttle (The Little Mermaid)

Pete (Mickey and Friends)

Powerline (Mickey and Friends)

Roscoe and DeSoto (Oliver & Company)

Madame Medusa (The Rescuers)

Cody (The Rescuers Down Under)

Jake (The Rescuers Down Under)

Sheriff of Nottingham (Robin Hood)

Sir Hiss (Robin Hood)

Alpha, Beta, Gamma (Up)

Charles F. Muntz (Up)

Duncan and Wynnchell (Wreck it Ralph)

Taffyta (Wreck It Ralph)

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Deeee said:

No worries. Not upset! I think the nominations were fine (aside from the two I saved). I just want a lot of them to survive because of personal reasons. :lmao:

You think nominating James from James and the Giant Peach was fine? Megan, will hear about this. @totes4totes

Edited by 1234567890

Just now, 1234567890 said:

You think nominating James from James and the Giant Peach was fine? Megan, will hear about this. @totes4totes

I didn't even realized James was nominated. I swear. :ph34rwave:

Just now, Deeee said:

I didn't even realized James was nominated. I swear. :ph34rwave:

@totes4totes will addressing you shortly. :claybleh:

Just now, Steven_ said:

James from The Princess and the Frog was nominated.

STEVEN PROVING I AM NOT CRAZY. STEVEN PROVING THAT VICTORIA IS TRYING TO TEAR ME APART FROM MEGAN.

Just now, Steven_ said:

James from The Princess and the Frog was nominated.

Apm GIF by Alguna pregunta més?

Uh, I can't read. :dead: I didn't mean to save him. Can I switch? I thought it was James from James and the Giant Peach. :stealth:

• Haha 3

Just now, Deeee said:

STEVEN PROVING I AM NOT CRAZY. STEVEN PROVING THAT VICTORIA IS TRYING TO TEAR ME APART FROM MEGAN.

miley cyrus smile GIF

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5017343

• Haha 1

Just now, Steven_ said:

:no:

Audience Reaction GIF by Originals

Whoever James is got very lucky.

• Haha 1

Just now, 1234567890 said:

Whoever James is

Tiana’s father.

Lots of characters that I'd like to see survive this round! Everyone be good with your saves pls pls pls pls

Cut Powerline

Cut Taffyta

Save Arlo

Save Sir Hiss

I didn’t expect to get this much reactions regarding my nominations :dead:

• Haha 1

I liked Good Dinosaur, but Victoria is right that it suffered from being released in the same year as Inside Out and I feel like they didn't market it very well.

The animation of the water and grass is absolutely extraordinary... but I think the problem was that there wasn't enough world building like you see in other Pixar movies. It was a lot of scenery and open spaces etc. I think it was partly on purpose to showcase the animation. But like... a Pixar movie in a world of dinosaurs should have been amazing and immersive. It just felt kind of empty in that regard. They should have made it more jam-packed with characters and dino villages and many species interacting and working together. 

13 minutes ago, *Chris said:

I didn’t expect to get this much reactions regarding my nominations :dead:

(lots of characters I'd like to cut, too... that's why I'm nervous the wrong half will make it hahaha)