idolforums.com
Steven_

Disney Characters Rankdown

Just now, totes4totes said:

Wow don’t cut either. 

Timon can go, but I love him more than the other two I suggested lol.

Just now, totes4totes said:

Wow don’t cut either. 

Listen to the DOCTOR. :wub:

• Like 1

Ernesto de la Cruz

0fef0f13957e58ba9e3ea69015dd8d32a4401837

Ernesto de la Cruz is considered the main antagonist in the Disney Pixar film Coco. His soul resides in the Land of the Dead, but prior to his demise, he was a popular singer who charmed audiences with his talent and good looks. Ernesto starred in movies, had a cool guitar, wrote amazing songs, and pretty much was a legend and positive role model in the eyes of his adoring fans. Although he appears to be friendly, charming, and encouraging, we later learn of his selfish and fame-hungry ways. Ernesto was so desperate for fame that he murdered his best friend, Hector (who will rank higher than him), to take credit for his talents and achieve fame. Poor Hector just wanted to go home to his family, but more on him later.  In the story of the film, Miguel is searching for Ernesto, under the belief that he is his long-lost great-great-grandfather. He ends up learning a different story about his heritage than what he thought was the truth. Ernesto's ways are exposed and the way he is viewed by everyone changes drastically. He is an interesting character, but it's not my favorite movie. I believe Coco is in second place for most represented movie in the Top 100, although there is a three-way tie for first. But it still has that accomplishment, even if it loses some characters now.

The rankers saved: these 3 and more 

Pnk8TYJ.gif sSwuyqx.gif dN9JW0g.gif

8 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

Listen to the DOCTOR. :wub:

Can't you make the cut? :dead:

Just now, Alex95 said:

Ummmm are you suggesting that she do a write-up when there's a way for her to avoid one...?

Just now, Alex95 said:

Yes :dead:

Still Waiting GIF by MOODMAN

Just now, FrogLenzen said:

Ummmm are you suggesting that she do a write-up when there's a way for her to avoid one...?

I'd do it if she left [redacted] alone 😇

REMAINING

Esmeralda (The Hunchback of Notre Dame)

Mr. Incredible (The Incredibles)

Timon (The Lion King)

Jessie (Toy Story Saga)

Wreck it Ralph (Wreck-It Ralph)

12 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

amy poehler running GIF

• Like 1

Héctor

e6df8ddfb42aa08e-coco-hashtag-images-on-

Hector is also a musician from the Disney Pixar film Coco, so it looks like today is the day the music died...  but they're already in the Land of the Dead. :giggle: Anyway, Hector is Miguel's actual great-great grandfather and when Miguel enters the Land of the Dead, Hector helps him on his quest to find Ernesto and escape. When Hector was alive, he was the musical partner of Ernesto, before Ernesto went and decided to kill his best friend (aka Hector). Hector is actually the one who wrote "Remember Me", as he would write the songs and Ernesto performed them. Miguel's narration at the beginning of the film describes Hector in saying: "“The papá, he was a musician. He and his family would sing, and dance, and count their blessings. But he also had a dream: to play for the world. And one day he left with his guitar, and never returned.” ❤️ :broken:  But the reason he did not return was because of his unfortunate death, although his wife, Mama Imelda, had no knowledge of this, and was so angry with him. I actually wrote about this some in my Mama Imelda write-up that may or may not ever see the light of day. But Hector wanted to return home to Imedla and their daughter, Coco, and never got the chance. It's so sad. Imelda even disowned Hector in the afterlife, and Hector tried to cross back over to the Land of the Living to see their daughter again. He was shunned by his family and forgotten. However, the truth will always prevail, and there is a happy ending for Hector. Both him and music are welcomed back into the family, as they should. He has such a sad story, but thankfully Hector gets the recognition he deserves in both the living and deceased lands. 

The rankers saved: these 3 and more

CwpJDGl.gif DXOKPP4.gif VNEL6JQ.gif

Timon

200.gif

Who am I and what have I done with the real Victoria? The world may never know. You guys know I hate doing write-ups and the only exception is when it comes to Disney. I wanted to do some of you all favors by saving Jessie, Mr. Incredible, Ralph and Esmeralda. The fact that Pumbaa has already left makes this decision a little easier. I do love Timon but I love the others too. The others seems like main characters in their movies and Timon (and Pumbaa) seem more like sidekicks. AMAZING SIDEKICKS but sidekicks nonetheless. Timon is technically a major character in one of the most beloved if not the most beloved Disney film of all-time, The Lion King. He was introduced in 1994. He is a wisecracking meerkat and is the best friend of everyone's favorite warthog, Pumbaa. Timon lives the easy life of sleeping and grub! A philosophy known as Hakuna Matata. There is is even a song about it. You might have heard it. :giggle:Timon (and Pumbaa) come across Simba as a young cub when he runs away after Scar tricks him into thinking he aided in the death of Mufasa. At first, Timon is scared of the young cub but Pumbaa has the idea that if they raise him he would be on their side. Timon takes the idea as his own. He does this a lot to Pumbaa. :dead: They raise Simon and they all three become the best of friends as they sing "Hakuna Matata" and we see Simba grow up during the song. They live with Timon and Pumbaa peacefully until Nala tries to eat Pumbaa and Timon. Good thing Nala is Simba's childhood best friend. Timon and Pumbaa find out that Simba is the king of the Pride Lands and sees them losing their friend as they sing "Can You Feel The Love Tonight". Timon and Pumbaa have some pretty iconic moments in both songs. I know I mentioning Pumbaa along with Timon but you kind of have to. When Simba decided to fight his Uncle Scar for the Pride Lands, Timon and Pumbaa join Simba and Nala with the fight. At Pride Rock, Timon and Pumbaa dance the hula to distract the hyenas so that Simba and Nala could get by and Simba would have a clear shot at Scar. Timon and Pumbaa then fight off numerous hyenas before he is chased by Shenzi and Banzai into Scar's cave and takes cover in Zazu's cage after Scar confessed to the pride that he killed Mufasa. The moment is pretty funny. It's depicted in the gif above. Timon has so many funny moments in the movie. Timon and Pumbaa are definitely the comedic parts of the movie. At the end Timon (and Pumbaa) are triumphant with helping Simba reclaim his throne and are shown standing on top of Pumbaa with Simba, and Nala as heroes of the Pride Lands. Timon is an iconic character and is perfectly voice by Nathan Lane in the original. Timon (along with Pumbaa) make more appearances in the following: The Lion King II: Simba's Pride, The Lion King 1½, The Lion Guard: Return of the Roar and the television series, Timon & Pumbaa. The most notable  movies/tv shows I mentioned is The Lion King 1½ where he is the protagonist the film. The movie tells Timon's backstory and bleeds into the original film as well. It would watch it if you have the free time. If not just for Raven-Symone's "Grassing in the Grass". 😘 Timon was lastly portrayed in the live-action version of The Lion King released in 2019. In my opinion, Timon and Pumbaa were the stars of that film because it was so life less otherwise. Timon is an icon and this is a sad cut to make. I hope I did him justice!

• Like 1

Whaaaat!? No write ups to do? This is the best surprise to come home to after a sh*tty day at work :haha::heartbounce::wub:

Just now, ~*8Kay8*~ said:

Whaaaat!? No write ups to do? This is the best surprise to come home to after a sh*tty day at work :haha::heartbounce::wub:

Season 10 Hug GIF by Friends

• Like 1

Baymax

WG0O.gif

This is a bit sad for me because I actually love Baymax, but it's going to be even harder going forward having to nominate and cut characters we are fans of. :broken:  Although actually, I prefer Baymax and some of my other noms to characters I didn't nominate because I was still trying to leave some certain favorites alone for people.  Of course that results in one of the ones I like best being cut, but it is what it is. At least I can give Baymax some love here. ❤️ I'll also mention that I love that he's the last standing character from Big Hero 6 and represents for them in the Top 100. I do really enjoy the movie, but also not as much as many others that still have representation in the rankdown. Anyway, Baymax is an inflatable healthcare robot Tadashi built in Big Hero 6, and he is activated by sounds of distress. Baymax is highly intelligent and has a healthcare chip encoded in him to enable him to be a medical nurse full of love. It also stops him from willingly hurting humans, and is only deactivated from helping if his patient says, "I am satisfied with my care." Otherwise, Baymax will never stop helping or even leave. :wub:  He is pretty much perfect, as long as his chip stays in. Without, he can take on a darker personality and lack compassion.Tadashi took 84 tries to perfect Baymax and he nailed it with the chip he put in him. Baymax is very caring, calm, sweet, naiive, and easily distracted. He has many talents and functions including superhuman strength, medical knowledge, data storage, anti-bacterial spray, heating and cool systems, a lie detector, and so much more. 

XFy2.gif

Baymax being Baymax. :wub: 

Baymax begins to pick up more human emotions after meeting Hiro and develops his own personalty apart from his original programming chip. This allows him and Hiro to form a close bond, and he cares for him more because of their connection and not just because Hiro is his "patient."  This also leads to Baymax becoming less obedient of Hiro when he believes he is asking him to make the wrong decisions. Hiro learns a lot from Baymax because of this. Baymax is the lovable, wonderful, amazing, and true hero of the team. ❤️ 

The rankers saved: these 2 and more

evGvcP9.gif 2JhKoZH.gif

Lol for some reason I thought I was in the middle but actually I’m second to last. Moving up in the world. 

lilo & stitch GIF

also me after this week. My gif representative has never been more appropriate

1 hour ago, FrogLenzen said:

I'm so clueless that it took me till today to realize this was in chronological order lol