idolforums.com
Steven_

Disney Characters Rankdown

40 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Denise doing a writeup for a previously¬†eliminated character :wub:. If there's a buyback in my rankdowns I'm not letting any of you take the easy way out ūüėė

@miss denise¬†plz fix this now I can't live like this¬†ūüė≠

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, 1234567890 said:

Fun Love GIF by AsmodeeGames

*me checking the rule book to see if @totes4totes has to post the write-up herself*

Imagine doing that to a friend who gets her Ph.D in the morning?

Literally ecstatic over getting Snow White to the Top 100 with a bonus write-up that at least acknowledges her status as a true icon. Absolutely one of the most influential characters in the entire game.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Deeee said:

Imagine doing that to a friend who gets her Ph.D in the morning?

i feel so bad about it GIF by Saturday Night Live

I take it back!

1 hour ago, Alex95 said:

Denise doing a writeup for a previously¬†eliminated character :wub:. If there's a buyback in my rankdowns I'm not letting any of you take the easy way out ūüėė

I should be a stricter¬†host. ūüôą¬†

52 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

I should be a stricter¬†host. ūüôą¬†

you're doing amazing sweetie.gif

Steven be like:

"Anyway, sorry to any fans, but out goes Alex95 from the Disney Rankdown"

• Haha 1

Pumbaa (The Lion King)

the lion king shame GIF

This was a tough call as I do enjoy both remaining characters. I’m going to go this route, because Lion King does still have a lot of representation in the top 100, and I feel like a lot of  Big Hero 6 was eliminated too soon. So even though I agree with whoever said that Pumbaa is better than Timon, he’s going to leave the rank down here.

Pumbaa is a carefree warthog who lives alongside his best friend, Timon. One day they are playing and chase off a bunch of buzzards, also encountering a collapsed Simba. The duo take Simba under their wing, hoping that if they essentially raise him, he won’t be a predator they have to worry about. They teach him their philosophy of Hakuna Matata by way of a song. In this song we learn that Pumbaa has terrible gas which stops him from making a lot of friends in the Savannah.

Simba does grow up with them, and the three become a fun trio. One day Simba saves Pumbaa from an attacking lioness, who winds up being his childhood friend Nala. Timon and Pumbaa fear that she is going to pull him assay, and they will be back to a duo. Even with their concerns, Timon and Pumbaa help Simba to defeat Scar and reclaim his rightful place as king.

Pumbaa is a great and loyal friend, and a very funny supporting character. It does make me sad to cut him here, but I feel like I would have been more sad completely ending Big Hero 6 from the rankdown.

Saving: Baymax

Big Hero 6 Friendship GIF by Sky

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

CYCLE 8

qVGLIUH.gif

The rules are simple. You either save OR cut. Here's how it will work:

At the beginning of each round, one ranker will nominate 11 characters for elimination. The other eight rankers will either choose to save one of the nominees or cut one of the nominees at a first come, first serve basis. 

However, there is a twist. Only three characters can be eliminated from each round. So either every ranker can save a character and the remaining three characters are eliminated by default, or three characters are chosen to be eliminated and the other characters are saved by default. However, if the round ends with any incomplete decisions (for example only two rankers choose to cut a character) then the nominator will make any final decisions. However, a thirty minute deadline to post write-ups is still in play for those choosing to cut rather than save.

Nominators have 24 hours to post their nominations. And due to the format of this cycle, rankers have a 15 hour deadline to post their decisions. In addition, a new round can start immediately after one round ends. There's no need to wait for the write-ups (unless from the rankers choosing to eliminate), but I do hope nominators will post write-ups as soon as possible.

No characters have immunity. In addition, characters are allowed to be nominated in back-to-back rounds for the duration of the rankdown. So hypothetically, there could be some characters that are nominated in every round of this cycle. The nominator is responsible for the write-ups of the eliminated characters if the rankers all choose to save, but anyone can volunteer to help out the nominator with write-ups if they wish. However, rankers choosing to cut are responsible for the write-ups of the characters they are eliminating. 

By the end of this cycle, 27 characters will be eliminated.

If you have any questions, then let me know.

Good luck to your favorites!

NOMINATION ORDER

1. Denise

2. Derek

3. Kaley

4. Nico

5. Dee

6. Chris

7. Victoria

8. Megan

9. Alex

Edited by Steven_

10 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

Steven be like:

"Anyway, sorry to any fans, but out goes Alex95 from the Disney Rankdown"

tenor.gif

I should get out of the habit of ending every write-up like that though.¬†ūüėÖ

• Like 1

Just now, totes4totes said:

Thank you for all the well wishes! I am now totes4totes,PhD!!!

Yessss

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steven_ said:

tenor.gif

I should get out of the habit of ending every write-up like that though.¬†ūüėÖ

I noticed you doing this a lot. :dead: 

Just now, totes4totes said:

NICE! Congratulations. That's some serious amazing work. :hug: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, totes4totes said:

Congratulations!! :heartbounce:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

Congrats! ūü•≥

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

Are You Okay Lilo And Stitch GIF

Congrats @totes4totes. I am so happy for you! When can I schedule an appointment with you? :dead: ILY. ‚̧ԳŹ

• Like 1

We never had any doubts, not because it was a guaranteed outcome, but because we know how hard you've been working for this. Well deserved.

• Like 1