Disney Characters Rankdown

Steven_

On 8/6/2020 at 12:29 AM, Deeee said:

Cinderella (Cinderella)

cinderella-gifs-steven-dam-06.gif

This is definitely a risky move to make, but I am taking out the icon that is Cinderella before she advances any further than I would like to see her go. Is she an icon? Undoubtedly. Is she one of the pillars of Disney? Absolutely. Is she a pretty generic and boring princess archetype? Most definitely.

Cinderella is one-note with a story as cliché as one could imagine. We all know the story of Cinderella. It's etched into the backbone of American storytelling. Little girls are told the story of Cinderella and still put her on a pedestal and dream for a life like hers. A fairy tale ending. While a classic, there is nothing more to Cinderella than the eye can see. Her parents are deceased. She finds herself in a horrible life surrounded by evil individuals. She escapes her dire situation. She marries the Prince. She lives happily ever after. Period. All the while maintaining her fair skin, blue eyes, pink lips, strawberry blonde hair, and skinny hourglass frame.

How vanilla. I understand that there is a magic to the story of Cinderella for many people, and watching her dreams come true after a bit of perseverance and help from her friends. The pumpkin carriage. The Fairy Godmother. The mice friends. The comeuppance of her abusers. All iconic stuff.

But I think Cinderella is just boring and vanilla. Cookie-cutter, bland, and devoid of personality. The character herself is not iconic, but rather her story and her circumstances are iconic. The magic of a tale as old as time. But her character does not see any action until the third movie where she is actually pushed into fighting for her life, standing up for Anastasia and defending her choices, and regaining the love of Prince Charming. Too bad the movie is bad. 

I understand that Cinderella is THE DISNEY PRINCESS for most people. There is no arguing against how important of a character she is in the world of Disney. To me though, she is just a blank slate that was given all of the "ideal" qualities of a white woman and the rest is history. She is given hardly anything to do besides be stuck in her lot for most of her existence as a character. I get that she remains kind and loving throughout all of her torture. I get that she is able to make her dreams come true by just dreaming hard enough. But this is not enough for me to find her interesting.

Sorry to any fans of Cinderella, I just think this is a fair spot for a fairly simple character. 

BarrenFarflungDrongo-size_restricted.gif

Save: Chihiro

VILLAINS' NOMINATIONS

Dug (Up)

Elsa (Frozen)***

EVE (WALL·E)***

Kronk (The Emperor's New Groove)***

Merlin (The Sword in the Stone)***

Snow White (Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs)

Stitch (Lilo & Stitch)

Wart (The Sword in the Stone)***

RANDOM NOMINATIONS

Baymax (Big Hero 6)

Boo (Monsters, Inc.)

Henry J. Waternoose (Monsters, Inc.)

Judy Hopps (Zootopia)

Marlin (Finding Nemo)***

Pumbaa (The Lion King)***

Russell (Up)

Sadness (Inside Out)***

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 1234567890 said:

@Alex95, would you care to switch your cut because Pumbaa >  Timon. 😢 If you are already too far in no big deal. :dead:

Ugh I love most of the other nominees and I'm only cutting Pumbaa because there's still so many Lion King characters...

Cut Judy

Save Kronk

2 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

VILLAINS' NOMINATIONS

Dug (Up)

Elsa (Frozen)***

EVE (WALL·E)***

Kronk (The Emperor's New Groove)***

Merlin (The Sword in the Stone)***

Snow White (Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs)

Stitch (Lilo & Stitch)

Wart (The Sword in the Stone)***

RANDOM NOMINATIONS

Baymax (Big Hero 6)

Boo (Monsters, Inc.)

Henry J. Waternoose (Monsters, Inc.)

Judy Hopps (Zootopia)

Marlin (Finding Nemo)***

Pumbaa (The Lion King)***

Russell (Up)

Sadness (Inside Out)***

Wonderful, thank you. ❤️ I kept trying to do it and got lost. :wacko: 

MARLIN

disney pixar hug GIF by Disney

Hello, it’s past midnight and I need to do a writeup for Marlin - I’m not lucky enough to have a writeup already written for me :( I’m sure Megan is pleased with this cut. Anyway, Marlin is a character from Finding Nemo and he’s a clown fish. Him being a clown fish, we can conclude that he’s related to Nemo - he is Nemo’s father. He’s a very protective of his only son. After he can’t find Nemo, he goes on an adventure to rescue his son with the help of Dory. They both meet friends along the way and eventually he makes his way to the Sydney harbour, and he’s reunited with his song. Congrats to Marlin for making it this far but he’s now out of the rankdown. Thank you & goodnight! 

SAVING: elsa

2 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

They way I cackled even though I love Cinderella. :rofl:

2 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

LMAO I was trying to figure out how the door represented Chihiro, but I get it now lololololol

listen I don't have that many inspired moments so take what you get:dead::dead: