Disney Characters Rankdown

Steven_

2 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

hahaha I didn't even realize that had finally died, maybe I'm in denial. let me edit real quick in your honor.

thank you :wub:

now I need to figure out who will be my new constant target besides Cinderella

2 hours ago, miss denise said:

Remaining:

Abu (Aladdin)
The Mad Hatter (Alice in Wonderland)
Clopin (Hunchback of Notre Dame)
Charlotte LaBouff (The Princess and the Frog)
Slinky Dog (Toy Story)
Bert (Mary Poppins)

Bringing to this page. (!) 

Saving; The Mad Hatter

Cutting: Slinky Dog

Its funny my saves today wound up being Winnie and Hatter... The theme for the baby’s nursery was storybooks, and the majority of the decor Is either Alice in Wonderland or Winnie the Pooh :heartbounce:

• Like 1

tumblr_inline_n5y1pwE7OX1rbkkjl.gif

Charlotte LaBouff

you mean to tell me. in 1920s new orleans. that a rich white girl. would be best friends with a poor black woman. you are telling me that while tiana is struggling to achieve her dreams of owning a restaurant. charlotte is sitting there as the daughter of the richest man in new orleans and won't help out financially. it's cool though. she hires tiana as a caterer and loans her a dress when hers gets ruined. she lets tiana be the help at the ball to meet prince naveen. that's cool. cool. cool. cool. charlotte labouff is in this movie so that white people don't get mad. she's rich and ditzy and overall a good person but obviously like. very simplified race relations here in princess and the frog. obviously because disney didn't want to make white people mad, tiana had to have a white best friend instead of literally any other black friends in the movie.

saving: bert

• Thanks 1

Slinky Dog (Toy Story)

toy story pixar GIF by Disney

Slinky Dog is a fun toy from the Toy Story films, but he’s mostly a supporting character so I think this is a fair place to lose him. But he is adorable, and his body proves very versatile throughout the series, so I will include many examples of this throughout :haha:

I3z0shWYT-16pcM3Db7gq2qHWGF_qiqvtPMwront
In the first movie, we see him as one of the toys closest to Woody as they play together often. The first time we meet him, the pair are playing checkers. Slink is enamored by the new toy, Buzz Lightyear, much like all of the others. But when all the toys seem to turn on Woody for “attacking Buzz”, Slinky defends him, stating that it must have been an accident. When faced with evidence that seems to totally implicate Woody, Slinky has no choice but to believe it. But instead of showing anger like many of the toys, we only see disappointment from him as he walks away slowly from the window of Andy’s room.  Once the truth comes out, he feels guilty for his judgment. His big moment is in the end of the movie when he uses his slinky body to stretch himself to help Buzz, Woody, and RC car rejoin the rest of the group in the moving van. Unfortunately, RC’s battery begins to drain, and he is stretched too far! He gets spring back into the moving van empty handed and stretched well beyond his capacity. Instead of worrying about himself and his injuries, he is lamenting the fact that he couldn’t hang on longer for his friends. He is very excited when Woody’s plan with the rocket proves successful. At the end of the movie, we see that somehow his slink has been restored and he joins the other toys settling into Andy’s new room.

174c24baa298c86ffa6e3fa56c487d05d89a7d56
In the second film, we are reminded early on of the close friendship between Slink and Woody, as Slinky is the one to recover Woody’s hat before Woody leaves for camp. Slinky is also part of the group who tries to rescue Woody from Al. His unique body once again comes in handy when he and Buzz use his coil to bungee out of Andy’s house. He also uses his length and some traffic cones to make crossing the street safer. He doesn’t get along with Jessie’s horse Bullseye at first, and the two have a little growling match. At the point in the movie where it seems like Woody is going to stay with his new friends, Slinky is heartbroken. Ultimately, Woody does decide to rejoin his friends, but Stinky Pete and Al do not want to let that happen. This leads Slinky and Buzz on a chase that requires them to operate a pizza delivery truck and head to the airport. While Slinky has a few more close calls and over-stretches, the toys are successful in the end and return home.

When-Buzz-comes-up-amazingly-impressive-

In Toy Story 3, Slinky is among the other toys that are donated to the Daycare. We see him interacting with the other toys, and getting tangled up a bunch by children trying to play with him. He is imprisoned by Lotso like the others, and is very excited to see Woody return to help them. Again, his slinky aids in the escape plans, and the group escapes the dangers of the landfill. We see Slinky anxious to get revenge on Lotso, but Woody talks him out of it, more excited to be going home. We again see a sad farewell between Slinky and Woody (with Slinky thinking Woody is off to college with Andy), but all the toys wind up going to Bonnie... So the friends stay together once more!

a3a43938131f474292df579499c9c1e8.gif
While Slinky is in Toy Story 4, his role is extremely minimal (which is the case for most of the originals that aren’t Bo, Buzz, or Woody). We see him in the flashback when Bo Peep goes missing, and he is once again stretched out as part of a rescue mission for RC car. We then mostly just see him in the background of big group shots playing with Bonnie (most notably as the Ice Cream Man in her town), and a few scattered scenes of all of the toys worrying about Woody and Buzz. In the end, Woody and Slinky finally have to really say goodbye to each other as Woody chooses to stay with Bo Peep as a lost toy. Slinky remains as one of Bonnie’s toys.

Anyways, Slinky Dog is one of Andy’s original toys. While he doesn’t really have a strong plot of his own in the movies, he is one of the consistent supporting characters. He is very loyal, and his friendship with Woody is one of the more explored ones throughout the series.

Saving: The Mad Hatter 🎩

alice in wonderland merry unbithday GIF

Edited by ~*8Kay8*~

CLOPIN

tenor.gif?itemid=15984666

This decision was harder than expected as I absolutely love Aladdin and I enjoy Hunchback of Notre Dame which is an underrated movie, in my mind. At the end of the day, I have to go with the character that I like / appreciate the most, and this resulted in Clopin getting the chop. In Hunchback of Notre Dame, Clopin plays an important role as the narrator as well as a supporting character where he is the leader of the gypsies. He does play an enough important role in the movie - what makes him special, in my opinion, is his personality trait where he is neither good nor evil; he's essentially a neutral character who don't mind having good personality traits or evil personality traits. And while he played an important role in the original movie, in the sequel he had a smaller role in the movie. 

Personally speaking, Clopin is not the character that I think of when I think of the movie - he doesn't even come up in the 3 characters that I think of when I do so, hence why I feel comfortable cutting him over Abu.

SAVING: ABU

Edited by *Chris

On 7/30/2020 at 5:56 PM, miss denise said:

I know and that's part of why I used it for you. :wub: :hug: 

tenor.gif

Awww thank you! :haha:

Aww that gif. 😢 Also read through your Pocahontas write-up.....fantastic write-up there! :wub: 

On 7/30/2020 at 8:32 AM, Deeee said:

Save Aladdin

Cut Aurora

On 7/30/2020 at 1:10 PM, Deeee said:
And so if we are cutting characters like Peter Pan, Tigger, Aurora, etc. it is definitely time to let go of Sharpay Evans. 

4ef6c3d8f072b46bd86c6ff668a0df4c.gif

On 7/30/2020 at 1:10 PM, Deeee said:
And so if we are cutting characters like Peter Pan, Tigger, Aurora, etc. it is definitely time to let go of Sharpay Evans. Not that I am particularly mad at any of those cuts, but she is just not an iconic Disney character by comparison.

On 7/30/2020 at 8:48 AM, Deeee said:
Sorry to any fan, but there is no justification in keeping Aurora anymore.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcVUl09_7lSUsIZs4fSiE

• Haha 2