Bambi

bambi GIF

From the movie Bambi (1942)

Bambi | Disney Movies

Voiced by 

Donnie Dunagan as Young Bambi

Hardie Albright as Adolescent Bambi

John Sutherland as Young Adult Bambi

Bambi is the main character from the movie Bambi. Can you believe? Bambi is a BOY deer, and the story follows him as he grows up in the forest. Bambi's birth scene is a bit like the Lion King. All the forest creatures go visit to see what he looks like. We later learn that he's the son of the Great Prince of the Forest, a deadbeat dad that only comes back to help Bambi after his mother is shot and killed. Found this review on wikipedia lololol: in a 1942 edition of the magazine Outdoor Life, editor Raymond Brown wrote that the film was "... the worst insult ever offered in any form to American sportsmen." Whoops! But actually this movie is almost universally acclaimed. It made a HUGE cultural impact and shaped how the Disney company made films. This was the 5th movie by Walt Disney Animation Studios. Anyway, back to Bambi: despite his iconic physical appearance as a fawn, we actually see young adult Bambi with horns and everything toward the middle of the movie. We follow him as he hangs out with Faline, courts her, and eventually escapes the forest after humans accidentally cause a forest fire. FUN FACT: Bambi appeared in government forest fire prevention campaigns in America! And he preceded Smokey the Bear! Apparently Smokey the Bear was created only after Disney stopped letting them use Bambi! So interesting.

Save Mickey

Edited by FrogLenzen

Aurora (Sleeping Beauty)

sleeping beauty disney GIF

I will make this prettier and more detailed later. I am just popping in to save Aladdin! But this cut has been long overdue, so I am glad that I can at least briefly mention that Aurora is supremely boring. We all know the curse placed upon her by Maleficent. We all know that Merryweather alters the curse to put her to sleep rather than put her to an eternal slumber. We all know that The Three Good Fairies hide her away as a peasant until she turns 16 years old. Her new name is Briar Rose. Blah blah blah. The love story between her and Prince Phillip is the most boring of the entire Disney Princess lineage. 

Then her “aunts” break her heart by telling her that she is betrothed to Phillip, but cannot do anything about it. LOL. Aurora runs to her room, cries on the bed, and never speaks again for the rest of the movie! Aurora needs to go because she is reduced down to nothing more than a damsel in distress, and the Disney princesses with a personality and a voice are far more interesting than her. In fact, most Disney characters are more interesting than her. 

Obviously, she has appeared in a ton of other media, including the Maleficent series that attempts to give her far more personality. But at the end of the day, Maleficent and The Three Good Fairies are far more interesting still.

Sorry to any fan, but there is no justification in keeping Aurora anymore.

SAVING: Aladdin
Edited by Deeee

CAPTAIN HOOK

giphy.gif

Out of the nominees from this round, Captain Hook is the character that I am the least attached to so I am cutting it.  As we all know, he is the main antagonist of the hit-movie, Peter Pan - in the movie, he is known for being the commander of the Jolly Roger. He is known as a captain with one hand & the other has a hook, as he lost the other hand to Peter Pan which makes him on a mission to seek revenge. One of the highlight of the movie is Captain Hook's interaction with the crocodile. With that being said, he is a villain and one of the most recognizable one - many people find him to be the most sympathetic one. At the end of the day, he is not a top favourite of mine & I prefer the Captain Hook portrayal in Once Upon a Time for obvious reasons. 

SAVING: CINDERELLA

Edited by *Chris

Lady

open-uri20150422-20810-1vx0d7l_ea89f489.

First off….. this is sooo incredibly weird for me to be writing Disney character write-ups. I love Disney and some characters of course but i have no idea what the heck I am doing with this. Lol I fill in for Victoria for the first time and Nico posts the most cutthroat and biggest names of noms ever. 😐  Let’s discuss Lady.

Lady is the female lead protagonist of Disney’s 1955 film classic, Lady and the Tramp. She is really adorable and so precious.  She is a Cocker Spaniel and is the pet belonging to Jim Dear and Darlng. She falls in love with a stray mutt named…..well you guessed it Tramp. I’m guessing and assuming Lady comes from a wealthy background? I just know that Lady is classy. I have watched this movie and found it really cute and adorable but it has been ages since i last watched it. So I can’t remember any specifics. BUT I do remember the ICONIC spaghetti kissing scene because who doesn’t remember that? 😘

giphy.gif

Apologies to Denise for this cut as I know she loves Lady and the Tramp. :( Definitely NOT the first cut i’d want to make in my replacement of this game - but again I don't know who I would cut. And heck I can't even save Aladdin.... but Victoria's choices does come first over mine in this game since she is an actual ranker.

Saving: Belle

470bc957f20c1c7ffd0339c82c7c77b1.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, *Chris said:

peter pan disney GIF

Doing this real quick as I am at work & I am limited on time, but I wanted to have this cut to solidify my save as I know Nico is out to cut the princesses - you do not need to like Cinderella but she's essentially the poster child for Disney, just like the majority of Nico's noms. I am cutting Captain Hook because I am the least attached to him, out of all the nominees. And I don't really care for Peter Pan so this cut was easier than expected. I don't really think Captain Hook is the best villain there is but many people love him - he's a pirate, he has many friends, and he has an hook as a hand. My favourite portrayal of Captain Hook was in Once Upon a Time for obvious reason :haha:

SAVING: CINDERELLA

not really all the princesses, just the 2 I have been nominating 3/4 of the game + the leftover Peter Pan characters. And since nominating them along easier cuts is not doing the job, time to bring in bigger guns that I'm not as attached

tumblr_lyfnn9tKkI1qlipnso1_500.gif

Tinker Bell

Almost saved Tinker Bell because she's kind of a bitch and I love it. Also, kind of shocked that it came down to these two characters. Mostly that Anna wasn't one of the first cuts and Tinker Bell wasn't one of the first saves. But whatever. This round moved at lightning speed. I'll take notes to make my round (the last in this set of noms) also go lightning fast. Tinker Bell is from Peter Pan. She's Peter Pan's friend and clearly cares for him. She doesn't talk and only communicates with Peter (who interprets) with a tinkling bell sound. She is kidnapped by Hook's men to try and suss out where Peter is hiding. When they try to kill Peter by sending a bomb to his hideout, Tinker Bell instead takes away the bomb and sacrifices herself. Despite her fatal injuries she is brought back to health when Peter tells her how much she means to him.

Tinker Bell's become one of the symbols of Disney. And appears in a lot of their Disney media. A Disney Fairies series spun off featuring Tinker Bell and her fairy friends where she gets much more personality. I have watched exactly TWO of these movies. 

She was modeled after Margaret Kerry whose wikipedia includes this very nice bit: "At the age of 90, Kerry reconnected after 70 years with former boyfriend, WWII veteran Robert Boeke, age 94. The two were married on Valentine's Day, February 14, 2020 in a ceremony at the Little Brown Church in the Valley in Studio City, California." 

Saving: Anna

2 hours ago, *Wallace said:

Lady

First off….. this is sooo incredibly weird for me to be writing Disney character write-ups. I love Disney and some characters of course but i have no idea what the heck I am doing with this. 

Apologies to Denise for this cut as I know she loves Lady and the Tramp. :( Definitely NOT the first cut i’d want to make in my replacement of this game - but again I don't know who I would cut. And heck I can't even save Aladdin.... but Victoria's choices does come first over mine in this game since she is an actual ranker.

:dead: tenor.gif?itemid=8764163❤️ 

Aww your apology to me. 😢  You didn't even choose the cut. :haha:  :hug:  But I'm not upset with Victoria's choice, as I wouldn't have been able to save Lady over some of the other noms anyway. :( I'm still sad to lose her and most of the others this round though. 

Kevin the bird from Up - Album on Imgur

Abu (Aladdin)

The Mad Hatter (Alice in Wonderland)

Gus (Cinderella)

Clopin (Hunchback of Notre Dame)

Jack-Jack (The Incredibles)

Roz (Monsters, Inc.)

Oogie Boogie (The Nightmare Before Christmas)

Mama Odie (The Princess and the Frog)

Charlotte LaBouff (The Princess and the Frog)

Andy (Toy Story)

Lots-o'-Huggin' Bear (Toy Story)

Slinky Dog (Toy Story)

Nick Wilde (Zootopia)

Agatha Cromwell (Halloweentown)

Bert (Mary Poppins)

Sharpay Evans (High School Musical)

@1234567890 @~*8Kay8*~ @Deeee @NGM @*Chris @*Wallace @totes4totes @miss denise

(Steven: Flower and Gabby Gabby aren't crossed off on the list yet, maybe others but I noticed those)

On 6/16/2020 at 11:39 PM, ~*8Kay8*~ said:

Mama Odie

bb6446dd83fd05cd8a5cdb98108db415e49e8b7e

Of all the characters left, she is the one I’m least familiar with, so sadly this is where I choose to eliminate her. I saw The Princess and the Frog only once long ago, so my attachment to the characters from it is on the lower end. Mama Odie is a 197-year-old voodoo priestess who is a supporting character in the film. She is blind, and is assisted by her snake JuJu to help her complete tasks at home. Tiana and Naveen seek her out  to reverse the curse once they both become frogs. Mama Odie sings them the song “Dig A Little Deeper”, but the pair don’t really understand her meaning. She also gives them the information that to be changed back, Naveen must kiss a princess (Charlotte, who is the Mardi Gras Princess until midnight). That is her main appearance in the film, but she does appear again to preside over the marriage between Tiana and Naveen. She is a fun, lovable character for sure, but her role in the film is smaller compared to others that remain. 

Saving: Jack-Jack

I actually made this easier for you, @*Wallace.