idolforums.com
Steven_

Disney Characters Rankdown

Geppetto 

tumblr_ph89bqpFGh1u2x68ro4_500.gifv

I saved Geppetto on the last round I did saves on and now I'm cutting him. That's how much I love the other nominees.  Or I know someone who does, so Geppetto seemed like the best option left for me. Geppetto is a woodcarver from Pinocchio, who likes to carve original creations to entertain himself or others. He is a kind, playful, man, and he is responsible for creating Pinocchio himself.  The Blue Fairy brings Pinocchio to life to fulfill Geppetto's wish to have a son and they do have a father/son relationship. ❤️  Geppetto is a loving and protective father figure, who was quick to set out in search of Pinocchio after he went missing. He even got swallowed by a whale. Of course, we all know the story ends well with Geppetoo and Pinocchio both being safe at home, and Pinocchio becoming a real boy and son for Geppetto. ❤️ Such a sweet man and I am sad to lose him in this rankdown. :(

Saving: Tod

DXIL.gif

Remaining:

Queen Clarisse Renaldi (The Princess Diaries)

Queen Elinor (Brave)

Pain & Panic (Hercules)

Flower (Bambi)

Squirt (Finding Nemo)

Crush (Finding Nemo)

Wendy Darling (Peter Pan)

Clopin (The Hunchback of Notre Dame)

I want to make another save, but there are no cuts I want to make. :broken: 

Wendy Darling

latest?cb=20190312151612

I didn't necessarily want to make a third cut and save this round, but I do really want to save Clopin so I'm gonna have to cut Wendy here. I'm not the biggest Peter Pan fan in the world which I'm sure Nico is glad to hear (I'm shocked he didn't cut Wendy himself). However, I do like Wendy! She was kind of the smartest character in the movie. She longed for adventure and joined her brothers on the trip to Neverland. I think she put up with the sexism she experienced a bit too well for my liking. I want a little more sass from Wendy! I want to see her stand up for herself more! She does eventually stand up for herself when she decides she's ready to go home and forces Peter and the Lost Boys to take her and her brothers home (when her brothers never would've stepped up to make this decision). One of the few Disney characters who has their fun, and then also realizes when their time having fun is up and they must return to reality. We stan a sensible child! On the other hand, she joined in on all the racist Indian stuff in the movie so I guess she can suffer for that too. Overall, I'm pro-Wendy, but I'm not very pro-Wendy and we're starting to really get down to the nitty gritty so mixed feelings leaning towards positive isn't a good enough reason to keep a character around. I hope whomever's left to cut and save wasn't too crazy about Wendy because then I'd feel bad about this. But also they had 24 hours to save her lol.

Save Clopin

Remaining:

Queen Clarisse Renaldi (The Princess Diaries)

Queen Elinor (Brave)

Pain & Panic (Hercules)

Flower (Bambi)

Squirt (Finding Nemo)

Crush (Finding Nemo)

• Thanks 1

I wanted Wendy to outlast the troop of morons in that movie @Alex95 (I never nominated her for that reason) Don't like her, but I tolerate her the best from that movie

1 minute ago, NGM said:

I wanted Wendy to outlast the troop of morons in that movie @Alex95 (I never nominated her for that reason) Don't like her, but I tolerate her the best from that movie

i knew it matthew perry GIF

(or at least I suspected that.. interesting to find out)

Well idk if the other person asked for an extension so pretend my cut was stealing their cut.

2 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Well idk if the other person asked for an extension so pretend my cut was stealing their cut.

Pretty much this. :haha: Since there multiple people who missed the deadline this would be the case according to Steven. I didn't want to cut Cloplin but was looking to save Wendy but oh well. :haha:

Save: Crush & Flower

Cut: Queen Elinor & Queen Clarisse Renaldi

Queen Elinor

tumblr_nb6f0kUcYL1tc2omxo2_500.gifv

Sorry, Queen Elinor. I can't stop that! This cut has to be made because I literally like every other character more than you. :( I'm sorry, Queen! Don't send Merida after me. :stealth: I don't feel strongly about my saves either if that makes you feel better since Alex and Nico both cut the two characters I wanted to save the most. :haha: The Little Green Aliens and Huey, Dewey and Louie. Anyway, back to Queen Elinor. Queen Elinor is the secondary main character of Disney/Pixar's Brave. She was introduced in 2012. She is the Queen of the Scottish kingdom DunBroch. She is married to King Fergus, mother to Merida and the younger triplets Harris, Hubert, and Hamish. She is turned into a bear by Merida with the help of a witch. She didn't do it on purpose though. :dead: When she returns to normal after Merida apologizes for her actions and they repair their family relationship. Queen Elinor was very strict on Merida but changing to a bear allowed her to see Merida's nature and let her be who she is. She's a lovely mother, wife and Queen to her people but her time in this rankdown has come to a close.

Save: Crush

Queen Clarisse Renaldi

tumblr_inline_oto5bxW1ut1rrje9w_540.gif

Queen Clarisse Renaldi's reaction to me cutting her. :( I'm so sorry @~*8Kay8*~. I really didn't want to cut anyone's WC but I sincerely like everyone left more than her so I had no choice. I mean I did but then I would cut someone I really like. :( I just realized I cut both Queens. Queen Elinor and Queen Clarisse Renaldi going out together like QUEENS. 👑 Julie Andrews is still represented here by her more iconic role of Mary Poppins so that is good. Queen Clarisse Renaldi secondary main character (like Queen Elinor) of The Princess Diaries and The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement. She was introduced in 2001 and returned in 2004 for the sequel. Queen Clarisse Renaldi is the ruler of Genovia but when her country is left without an heir because of the unexpected passing of her son she goes to prepare and teach her granddaughter, Mia Thermopolis  to become a princess in order to secure Genovia's future. Queen Clarisse Renaldi and Mia Thermopolis were estranged prior to this so Mia had no idea she was of royal descent. In the first film Clarisse visits San Francisco to contact her granddaughter and tells her that she is the Crown Princess of Genovia. In the second film Clarisse helps Mia prepare to become queen as she turns 21 but she learns Mia cannot become Queen unless she is married so finding a suitor she does try to do. Queen Clarisse Renaldi is a lovely grandmother and loves Mia very much. In the second film she has a song with Raven-Symoné called "Your Crowning Glory" which was a big deal since Julie Andrews hadn't sung in a long time due to vocal issues. Julie Andrews is an icon and I don't like making this cut at all. I do think Mia should have outlasted Clarisse though but what's done is done. FORGIVE ME QUEEN!

Save: Flower

Remaining:

Pain & Panic (Hercules)

Squirt (Finding Nemo)

• Thanks 1

tenor.gif?itemid=5698281

Sorry! One minute you’re on the couch listening to Alanis Morissette songs, and next thing you know you’ve dozed off and it’s 3am :haha:. No worries about the wild-card cut. With so many good animated characters left, I had a feeling Clarisse wasn’t much longer for this world. At least your writeup did the fabulous Julie Andrews justice :wub:

Save: Squirt

Cut: Pain & Panic

Pain & Panic (Hercules)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSETwVHbK8qstEVfVebvh4

Ugh, and now IDF ate my writeup, so let’s try this again! It’s been a bit since I’ve seen Hercules, so this was a fairly easy cut to make for me. Besides, the other option was a cute baby turtle, so odds are I wasn’t going to choose that one! :haha: Visually, Pain is the red imp that is shorter and chubbier, and Panic is the bluish one that is taller and thinner. Anyways, Pain & Panic are seen in Hercules as sidekicks to the main villain, Hades. Like many of Disney’s villainous sidekicks, their failings and exploits are also played up for comic relief. When we meet the characters, they are on a mission to kidnap baby Hercules and feed him the poison that will turn him mortal and kill him. Unfortunately for them, they are interrupted before Hercules is able to finish the entire potion... So while he does become mortal, he retains his super-strength. The duo is self-aware enough to know that it would be beneficial to keep Hades in the dark about this development. Of course, Hades winds up finding out, and the pair are punished. We see them at various points throughout the rest of the movie using their shape-shifting abilities to help spy on Hercules. 

Saving: Squirt

• Sad 2

Pain and Panic predicted influencer culture and I will not hear any comments on the matter

• Like 1

MUSIC CHALLENGE #2

K3l9iqp.gif

It's time for another Music Challenge! Once again, you all will participate in a contest to win an advantage that will be in effect for the upcoming cycle. However, only the Top 5 will win an advantage this time. Here's a reminder of the rules:

Every ranker will privately message me a Disney song of his or her choice. Songs are at a first come, first serve basis. If you send me a song someone else has already chosen, then I will tell you to pick another one. In case you are concerned another ranker picked the same song as you, feel free to send me alternates too. I will confirm with everyone which song is theirs. After everyone sends me a song, I will post all nine songs on the thread. You cannot choose songs from the previous music challenge.

KEEP YOUR SONG CHOICE A SECRET. 

Once the songs are posted, you all will privately message me your rankings of the songs. I will tally the results and post them on the thread without revealing how each person voted. I will reveal which songs everyone picked after the votes come in. I ask that you keep your song choice a secret until the results are posted. I'd rather the winner be based on your opinions than deals or campaigning.

The winner of this challenge will get to have first pick at one of the five advantages. The person to come in second place will get the second pick, and so on and so forth until the ranker in fifth place gets the last remaining advantage by default. The other four rankers will get nothing.

And here are the five advantages you are playing for:

NOMINATE ALONE:

tenor.gif?itemid=3661928

The upcoming round will have eight rankers paired up to nominate together. This advantage is to be the only ranker to nominate alone.

DETERMINE THE NOMINATION PAIRS:

tenor.gif?itemid=14842038

Decide which rankers will be nominating together.

DETERMINE THE NOMINATION ORDER:

tumblr_pehingYjLJ1wh3kojo3_540.gif

Decide when everybody will nominate for the upcoming cycle.

PROTECT A CHARACTER:

awL9iWC.gif

For each nomination round other than your own, choose one character that cannot be nominated. You can choose the same character for each round, or you can choose differently for each round.

REVIVE A CHARACTER:

2.gif

This advantage will allow you to immediately bring an eliminated character back into the game. However, you can only use this once and it must be played before the next set of nominations are posted.

If you have any questions, then let me know!

You have 24 hours from now to send me your songs.

Good luck!

Posted (edited)
On 6/2/2020 at 8:48 AM, Steven_ said:

And for those curious, here are the songs that were used for the music challenges in the Disney Movies rankdown:

MUSIC CHALLENGE #1

1. A Whole New World
2. Zero to Hero
3. Circle of Life
4. I'll Make A Man Out of You
5. Friend Like Me
6. Reflection
7. Cheetah Sisters

MUSIC CHALLENGE #2        
1. Be Our Guest
2. Ever Ever After
3. Part Of Your World
4. Poor Unfortunate Souls
5. I Won't Say (I'm In Love)
6. I Just Can't Wait To Be King
7. When She Loved Me

MUSIC CHALLENGE #3      
1. Hakuna Matata
2. One Jump Ahead
3. Go The Distance
4. Can You Feel The Love Tonight
5. Do You Want To Build A Snowman?
6. When You Wish Upon A Star
7. Out There

If anyone wants to avoid using a song from the previous rankdown, listed above is a reminder of those songs chosen.

However, these are the only songs ineligible:

1. Into the Unknown

2. Almost There

3. This Is Halloween

4. I Won't Say (I'm In Love)

5. You'll Be In My Heart

6. Sally's Song

7. Mother Knows Best

8. The Bells of Notre Dame

9. Friend Like Me

Edited by Steven_

Let the record show I was one second away from choosing the masterpiece, but figured I'd likely get last place since it's not actually in the movie lol. BUT IT DESERVES FIRST!