idolforums.com
Steven_

Disney Characters Rankdown

Well I don't have HBO Max. I'm not gonna care about a movie I haven't seen and protect wildcards I don't know when mine were discarded without a care.

• Like 1

If old IDF hadn’t died I would copy and paste my 1K word essay/write up on Spirited Away in here. As it is when Chihiro and Haku are cut I’ll have to rewrite it

Just now, Alex95 said:

Well I don't have HBO Max. I'm not gonna care about a movie I haven't seen and protect wildcards I don't know when mine were discarded without a care.

1) like I said. I don’t know who your wildcards were. 
2) I’m sure in the year 2020 you may be able to find a way to watch Spirited Away somehow despite not having HBO Max

Just now, totes4totes said:

1) like I said. I don’t know who your wildcards were. 
2) I’m sure in the year 2020 you may be able to find a way to watch Spirited Away somehow despite not having HBO Max

I'm mainly referring to Dee nominating all my wildcards in like the second or third cycle of the game. Seemed pretty early to me to do something like that.

Maybe after this rankdown ends or the characters get cut I'll check the movie out ^_^

• Haha 1

Pua 

515?cb=20190312160216

On a (somewhat) similar vein, Pua is that cute pet sidekick Disney movies have been increasingly pushing for more and more with each movie they release (I blame Pascal tbh, he worked too well to the point they basically swiped his design idea to make Bruni). Also there are the toy sales to keep in mind, poor money-hungry Disney, what would they do without those toy sales?. Anyway, Pua plays a pretty minor role in the movie, being Moana's best friend and goes with her on their first attempt to leave the island and beyond the barrier reef. That attempt fails badly and he almost drowns. Nothing bad happens (bc this is Disney duh) but Pua lowkey has PTSD from the experience. That's pretty much it for Pua, he appears again at the end for all the nice return bits. Anyway, cute pet sidekick, but time to leave.

Save: Darla Sherman

• Sad 1

Also like I said. I’m not trying to convince you to not nominate or cut Spirited Away characters, I just think everybody should watch Spirited Away! It’s a genuinely incredible film! Lol. Literally, lol, if it wasn’t for the fact that the films were included in the original Disney Movie Rankdown I don’t think they should have been included here since Disney didn’t have a role in the creation of the movies (all right actually I’m correcting myself, seems like they put in funding in exchange for first rights distribution outside of Japan for some movies however if we aren’t letting Marvel and Star Wars characters in it seems almost identical to that) and they currently don’t have the distribution rights (GKids does as they do with most foreign animated movies with theatrical releases in the US now, the Disney deal for The Wind Rises ends this year so I’m sure that will also go to GKids). You can definitely tell which movies Disney dubbed though because 1) they are high quality dubs and 2) they have known Disney voice actors like Daveigh Chase (Chihiro and Lilo) and Noah Cyrus (Ponyo).

Season 8 Naomi Smalls GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race - Find & Share on ...

Me regarding Studio Ghibli, except replace "makeup"/"drag" with "character"/"Disney"

• Like 2

Actually thinking about it again. I’m mad at Disney because thought they brought over all of Hayao Miyazaki’s films, they didn’t bring a lot of Isao Takahata’s films to the US to distribute because they were too “mature.” Only Yesterday came out in 1991 but didn’t make it to the US until 2016 (with GKids). Pom Poko was 1994 and 2005 respectively (With Disney and packaged with My Neighbors the Yamadas which came out originally in 1999). Winter Days doesn’t have an English release and the Tale of Princess Kaguya went straight to GKids with Disney not even bothering.

Grave Of the Fireflies is like the exception but I think that’s largely because like Totoro and Kiki’s Delivery Service it had already made its way to the US in the early 90s. But it got a new dub and an official release in the 2010s. That’s a movie only to watch if you want to emotionally torture yourself!!!!!

1 minute ago, totes4totes said:

Actually thinking about it again. I’m mad at Disney

Me every time I think about The Walt Disney Corporation™

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Me every time I think about The Walt Disney Corporation™

Same!!!!! lol. Honestly should probably start every write up like that.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

I'm mainly referring to Dee nominating all my wildcards in like the second or third cycle of the game. Seemed pretty early to me to do something like that.

I totally get you coming for my characters in return. I do. But I was not being personal in coming for your wildcard choices. None of my decisions in this game have been personal! LOL. I genuinely think that most wildcard choices should have been cut in like the first round, but I skipped on nominating them until the third cycle.

At that point, I was either nominating characters I genuinely love or characters I wish were never included. :dead:

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Maybe after this rankdown ends or the characters get cut I'll check the movie out ^_^

:dead:

17 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

@totes4totes didn't make good on her Zootopia promise. :haha: Not a Zootopia character in sight. 👓

I was outvoted 💔

REMAINING:

Prince Edward (Enchanted)

Sharpay Evans (High School Musical)

Queen Clarisse Renaldi (The Princess Diaries)

Pascal (Tangled)

Peach (Finding Nemo)

Queen Elinor (Brave)

Geppetto (Pinocchio)

Pain & Panic (Hercules)

Flower (Bambi)

Squirt (Finding Nemo)

Crush (Finding Nemo)

Sid (Toy Story)

Wendy Darling (Peter Pan)

Merryweather (Sleeping Beauty)

Tod (The Fox and the Hound)

Clopin (The Hunchback of Notre Dame)

Save Pascal (Tangled) & Sharpay Evans (High School Musical)

Cutting Peach (Finding Nemo) &  Squirt (Finding Nemo)

PEACH

tumblr_nfzhe5F4Lo1rdbd0qo1_500.gif

Congrats to Peach for finding a way to make it this far, but her journey comes to an end. Who is Peach? She is a minor character from Finding Nemo where she is a pink starfish who is always attached on the side of a tank, located at the dentist's office. She becomes the running gag of the movie as her voice is always against the glass - it's funny but not enough for her to be in this anymore. She is featured at the end of the movie, and featured briefly in Finding Dory. Anyway, Peach is such a minor character that it was a task trying to write 100 words for her. 

SAVING: SHARPAY EVANS

Changing my cut.

Cutting Sid 

Saving Pascal

Posted (edited)

SID

tumblr_p3it79tes81qk6qs7o1_400.gifv

A character in the Toy Story series, Sid is the complete opposite of Andy - he is being portrayed as a brat who style is described as skate punk, and he gets a lot from torturing his sister, Hannah. Sid doesn't really care for the toys like Andy does - he normally takes the toys to modify them & transform them into a different creature. In the series, he plays an important role when he manages to get his hands on Buzz at the Pizza Planet via the crane game, where Woody was also attached to Buzz's legs - they both became Sid's newest toy and fear that he will become the next victims. He essentially torments both of them, where he wants to attach a rocket to Buzz - this plan did not go to plan as Woody & the other toys created a master plan which included to turn on him. He's essentially the only character to know that the toys are alive. Anyway, at the end of the first movie, he vows to never hurt a toy again - we are reintroduced to him when we find him as a garbage man in a future movie. 

Overall, he's a fun character / antagonist if we can consider him that, but he's not my favourite character of the series & out of the nominated characters, I feel comfortable cutting him.

SAVING: PASCAL

Edited by *Chris

Remaining:

Prince Edward (Enchanted)

Queen Clarisse Renaldi (The Princess Diaries)

Queen Elinor (Brave)

Geppetto (Pinocchio)

Pain & Panic (Hercules)

Flower (Bambi)

Squirt (Finding Nemo)

Crush (Finding Nemo)

Wendy Darling (Peter Pan)

Merryweather (Sleeping Beauty)

Tod (The Fox and the Hound)

Clopin (The Hunchback of Notre Dame)

• Thanks 1

Save Prince Edward

Cut Merryweather 

Merryweather

tumblr_lyn3bvy2rm1qm6oc3o1_500.gif

I'm really struggling with a decision here and was hoping some other characters I love would be saved to narrow down my options. However, time is running out, so might as well at least save my one and only remaining wildcard for the millionth time because I'm sure it's expected of me so nobody else will.  I'll continue to ponder my second decision in the short amount of time left.   Anyway, two of the Sleeping Beauty fairies were cut last round and Merryweather was spared from even being nominated. :haha: Our group didn't know if it was okay to nominate all three at once, but nobody seemed to have an issue, so this should be a safe cut choice. Plus, I believe Victoria and Kaley are the only other rankers left to make cuts here and they each cut a fairy last time, so now we each took a turn.  :giggle:Also, Merryweather is grouped with Flora and Fauna all on one character page on Disney Wikipedia, so Victoria was right that they could have easily been paired up in this rankdown as well. :haha:  The three of them are known as the Three Good Fairies, and Merryweather is the one who wears blue. She is also presumed to be the youngest of the fairies. Merryweawther is known for altering the curse Maleficent puts on Aurora at the beginning of the movie. She replaces the intended death for her instead with a deep sleep instead that can be awoken by True Love's Kiss. That is Merryweather. I don't know what else to say about her specifically, except she's the highest ranking fairy (barely) of the three in this rankdown, so congrats to her for that!

Saving: Prince Edward

BNsk.gif