Best Danse avec les stars dancer: +/- Game ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

DWTSFan2001

What's with 2nd elimination Rossy scoring more than winner Matt? 😄

Rossy de Palma & Christophe Licata - Cha Cha Cha - ’Marcia Baila' by Rita Mitsouko - 3

Sofia Essaïdi & Maxime Dereymez - Rumba - “Calling You” by Jevetta Steele/Quickstep - "Anything Goes" by Cole Porter - 53

M. Pokora & Katrina Patchett - Jive - “Jailhouse Rock” by Elvis Presley/Foxtrot - "New York, New York" by Frank Sinatra - 3

+ Sofia & Maxime

- Rossy & Christophe

Rossy de Palma & Christophe Licata - Cha Cha Cha - ’Marcia Baila' by Rita Mitsouko - 2

Sofia Essaïdi & Maxime Dereymez - Rumba - “Calling You” by Jevetta Steele/Quickstep - "Anything Goes" by Cole Porter - 54

M. Pokora & Katrina Patchett - Jive - “Jailhouse Rock” by Elvis Presley/Foxtrot - "New York, New York" by Frank Sinatra - 3

+ Sofia & Maxime

- Rossy & Christophe

Rossy de Palma & Christophe Licata - Cha Cha Cha - ’Marcia Baila' by Rita Mitsouko - 1

Sofia Essaïdi & Maxime Dereymez - Rumba - “Calling You” by Jevetta Steele/Quickstep - "Anything Goes" by Cole Porter - 55

M. Pokora & Katrina Patchett - Jive - “Jailhouse Rock” by Elvis Presley/Foxtrot - "New York, New York" by Frank Sinatra - 3

+ Sofia & Maxime

- Rossy & Christophe

Rossy de Palma & Christophe Licata - Cha Cha Cha - ’Marcia Baila' by Rita Mitsouko - 0 - ELIMINATED

Sofia Essaïdi & Maxime Dereymez - Rumba - “Calling You” by Jevetta Steele/Quickstep - "Anything Goes" by Cole Porter - 56

M. Pokora & Katrina Patchett - Jive - “Jailhouse Rock” by Elvis Presley/Foxtrot - "New York, New York" by Frank Sinatra - 3

+ Sofia & Maxime

- Rossy & Christophe

Edited by DWTSFan2001

Sofia Essaïdi & Maxime Dereymez - Rumba - “Calling You” by Jevetta Steele/Quickstep - "Anything Goes" by Cole Porter - 57

M. Pokora & Katrina Patchett - Jive - “Jailhouse Rock” by Elvis Presley/Foxtrot - "New York, New York" by Frank Sinatra - 2

+ Sofia & Maxime

- M. Pokora & Katrina

Sofia Essaïdi & Maxime Dereymez - Rumba - “Calling You” by Jevetta Steele/Quickstep - "Anything Goes" by Cole Porter - 58

M. Pokora & Katrina Patchett - Jive - “Jailhouse Rock” by Elvis Presley/Foxtrot - "New York, New York" by Frank Sinatra - 1

+ Sofia & Maxime

- M. Pokora & Katrina

Sofia Essaïdi & Maxime Dereymez - Rumba - “Calling You” by Jevetta Steele/Quickstep - "Anything Goes" by Cole Porter - 59

M. Pokora & Katrina Patchett - Jive - “Jailhouse Rock” by Elvis Presley/Foxtrot - "New York, New York" by Frank Sinatra 

+ Sofia & Maxime

- M. Pokora & Katrina

And with that, congratulations to our DALS Series 1: IDF edition champions Sofia Essaïdi & Maxime Dereymez!

What were your overall thoughts on the celebs in Season 1 as a matter of interest?

Now time to move onto Season 2...

Edited by DWTSFan2001

3 hours ago, *Chris said:

Since I've watched most of the dances of every season, Sofia was easily my favourite but also enjoyed M. Pokora - he's good when you look at him in the context of this season. 

Yeah - it definitely wasn't a competitive season, basically between 2 ringers as to who would win and then 6 novices trying to get as far as possible.

Matt was a good dancer and definitely the best male of the season but nowhere near Sofia's level, don't think that his routines stand the test of time when compared to later male contestants such as Loïc, Lenni-Kim, Agustín, Clément, Brahim and a number of others. I do think he could have been better with another pro.

Edited by DWTSFan2001
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, DWTSFan2001 said:

Yeah - it definitely wasn't a competitive season, basically between 2 ringers as to who would win and then 6 novices trying to get as far as possible.

Matt was a good dancer and definitely the best male of the season but nowhere near Sofia's level, don't think that his routines stand the test of time when compared to later male contestants such as Loïc, Lenni-Kim, Agustín, Clément, Brahim and a number of others. I do think he could have been better with another pro.

I don’t care for Lenni-Kim or Brahim #oops. 

6 minutes ago, *Chris said:

I don’t care for Lenni-Kim or Brahim #oops. 

Brahim shouldn't have even been cast given that his profession is literally being a dancer and choreographer, not too dissimilar to Hajiba & Inès who were both hired as pros.

I liked Lenni-Kim but he was just so young at the time and looked out of place compared to the rest of the cast (all over 30). He and Marie were a good pairing.

Edited by DWTSFan2001
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DWTSFan2001 said:

Brahim shouldn't have even been cast given that his profession is literally being a dancer and choreographer, not too dissimilar to Hajiba & Inès who were both hired as pros.

I liked Lenni-Kim but he was just so young at the time and looked out of place compared to the rest of the cast (all over 30). He and Marie were a good pairing.

He was lacking a "je ne sais quoi" for me.

Lenni-Kim was good but lacked maturity for some of the dances. He's not a terrible dancer or anything; just didn't connect with it but still included him in the DWTS International rankdown. 

I swear that I'd saved a post of the Season 2 dances but it seems to have been lost. Please bear with me as I create another one.

My early prediction for the winner of this season is one that I am very confident in since there was basically no competition.

• Like 1

Les danseurs de Saison deux:

Cédric Pioline & Katrina Patchett:

Poor Katrina, going from winning with Matt to being first out with Cédric. The first in a series of early eliminated Katrina celebs, Cédric really was terrible - poor lines, pedestrian, no technique, sloppy lifts (not even allowed in Rumba or Cha Cha) and not much chemistry/connection with Katrina. Not surprised that he was first out. Here is his Rumba:

Nâdiya & Christophe Licata:

Christophe has had plenty of good dancers, sadly Nâdiya wasn't one of them and she is actually his weakest partner statistically. Her Week 2 Jive scored only 14/30 and seemed to go wrong after a few mistakes and a wardrobe issue at the beginning. Jive steps weren't great either from what I observed. She seemed fairly pleased to be eliminated. Here is her Jive:

Valérie Begue & Grégory Guichard:

Grégory is one of the few pros who only did one season and never returned. Probably for the best though since he recently served prison time for sexual offences against minors. Valérie seemed like a decent dancer, the first of many Miss France's on the show who tend to be reasonable but not memorable. Her ballroom was really elegant and I do think that she deserved to stay a few more weeks (ideally with another pro). Here is her Viennese Waltz:

Véronique Jannot & Grégoire Lyonnet:

Slight upgrade over Marthe but Grégoire definitely deserved better for this season. Not the worst dancer ever but I got the impression that Véronique was always a bit lost on the floor, I  often saw her looking at Grégoire, probably for help to know what step comes next and as a result, her dances lacked something. I've chosen her Mary Poppins themed Quickstep (song later used for Loïc Nottet & Vincent Moscato):

Francis Lalanne & Silvia Notargiacomo:

If my French language assistant at university is anything to go by, Francis is fairly well-known in France. Not a bad dancer, definitely better than most of Silvia's other partners and could at least perform well. Middle of the road and made it about as far as deserved IMO. Not the best technically but good at the artistic side. I've chosen his Blue Brothers themed Jive which was his highest scoring dance:

Sheila & Julien Brugel:

One of the oldest contestants that the show has had yet actually Julien's best partner statistically (he's had plenty of duds). Sheila seemed to be OK, although her dances didn't really stand out even though she was clearly in great shape for her age. Mixed bag score wise. I've linked her semi-final Foxtrot which scored quite highly with the judges:

Finalists coming soon!