The X Factor Rankdown

*Chris

16 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Ooh also reading it was a 2-2 split vote with District 3 having more of the public vote.

That was the year that voting opened at the start of the show. Melanie went last and the voting closed like 30 seconds after she finished performing.

7 minutes ago, Elliott said:

That was the year that voting opened at the start of the show. Melanie went last and the voting closed like 30 seconds after she finished performing.

Yikes, really? I thought they had a proper results show the following night though where voting still went onto the next day. But yeah that was unfair on Melanie even though she still polled low in votes the week prior.

Jenny Ryan

20220134-7616925-image-m-2_1572107435507

Gahh this last round and the ending parts of the game is getting reallly hard at this point. Now that we reached the Top 74, I feel and can say that I like nearly everyone remaining in the game - sooo from here on out the cuts of this game are going to be hard for me on differing levels. :haha: And yeah I even have to nominate people I do like aka lesser faves - which I do with Jenny and Dean although neither are amongst top faves of mine. And regarding the rankers vote, I do agree with this decision as I feel I slightly prefer Dean over Jenny.

Jenny Ryan is a Quzzier and star of The Chase (television show), who participated on The X Factor: Celebrity in Fall 2019. Jenny was apart of the Over 31s category and mentored by the Queen Nicole Scherzinger. I wasn’t expecting much from Jenny at first as I didn’t know her or what her singing skills and talent were but she definitely made a big impact with her Judges Home audition of “Somebody to Love,” which she did an impressive job on. did like Jenny for the most part of her run but sometimes I had issues with and  didn’t like her tone in her voice. Something was a bit weird for me there at times. But besides that she did have a great belting power voice and did really well. Jenny sailed through to the finals and finished 3rd behind Megan McKenna and Max & Harvey. Here are the songs she sang on the live shows.

Week 1: “Rise Like a Phoenix” by Conchita Wurst

Week 2: “This Is My Life” by Shirley Bassey

Week 3: “The Edge of Glory” by Lady Gaga

Week 4: “Euphoria” by Loreen

Week 5: “Skyfall” by Adele

Week 6: “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” by Judy Garland and “The Edge of Glory” by Lady Gaga

I’m happy that Jenny managed to make it this far in this rankdown. Sadly as I said earlier, I do like her but she’s one of my lesser faves remaining soo it was kind of hard to avoid nominating her at this point. Here are some of Jenny’s performances.

The rankers saved: Dean Ray

b3f191e79d236cc7ca126f06f5d254e3708932b0

Lucie Jones

-qKZBGv7_400x400.jpg

Lucie Jones has now outlasted that pair of little monsters, Jedward. Her purpose in this rankdown has now been served. 😘

Luice Jones was an 18 year-old singer from Wales. A frontrunner at first, she sang Whitney and Leona at the beginning until Simon told her to start singing younger more current pop songs. My Funny Valentine was also a highlight. Unfortunately when she did that she went down in the votes and lost to the monsters in a publicity stunt by Simon. To this day, I have not watched most of the rest of the season after that. :bobo:  I don't think she could've won, but she would've styed several more weeks at least. 

After the show, Lucie has modeled, represented Britain in Eurovision with "I Wil Never Give Up On You" and married an X Factor judges' house casualty, Ethan Boroian. I thought he was American? Looks like she's done well for herself post-show regardless. Quite happy she's made it this far. ❤️ 

Saving: Sally Chatfield

1 hour ago, Solaris said:

Lucie also starred in the West End production of Waitress.  Either before or After Katharine McPhee took over.

After, as Katharine originated the role on West End.

23 minutes ago, Solaris said:

Does Zoey like Sam?  If so I might as well change my vote now and get it over with!

I'm pretty certain she does. :haha:  

18 minutes ago, Elliott said:

@Zoey Cut Sam and I won’t nominate Little Mix for the rest of the game!

IdenticalFlawedKookaburra-max-1mb.gif