The X Factor Rankdown

*Chris

Carmelo Munzone 

getimage.aspx?regionKey=jzvACHogri8g3QfD

Carmelo Munzone  is a contestant who was on X Factor Australia Season 4 and was apart of Mel B’s Boys category. Carmelo had a unique entrance into the competition as he wasn’t originally apart of the Top 12. He replaced Josh Brooks, who got ejected from the competition. I can’t remember the exact reason now but I remember being upset as I was a fan of Josh’s and looking forward to his run. But yeah Carmelo replaced Josh in Week 2 and lasted all through Week 4 placing 9th. I found Carmelo to be a really nice and likable guy but his voice always really annoyed me. It was just whiny or nasally to me and I did not like his tone. He had this Big Band style to him and seemed dated…. and usually Big Band doesn’t bother me on these shows but i just didn’t see him as too marketable. 

Carmelo sang “Sunday Morning” for his audition song. Songs that Carmelo sang through his time on the live shows of X Factor Australia Season 4 includes: "Everlasting Love,” "Whataya Want From Me,” and "Every Little Thing She Does is Magic.” He landed in the Bottom 2 after that last song and was in the Bottom 2 against Fourtunate. Carmelo sang “Feeling Good,” but that wasn’t enough as he was eliminated after that performance. So yeah Carmelo has been a target of mine since the start of the game - I nominated him on my first round of noms. I’m surprised he made it this far but thank you rankers for letting him go now. Time to post some of his performances.

From watching his performances, I also think he was nervous through a lot of his performances and wasn’t really ready for the live shows. I do love Mel overall but Mel’s mentorship and Carmelo's nerves didn’t really help Carmelo at all.

Chynna Taylor

Chynna-Taylor.jpg

Chynna Taylor was a contestant who participated in the very blah and bad X Factor Australia Season 8, a series I try to forget and I am sure all of us try to forget. :haha: Chynna was apart of Guy Sebastian’s Over 22s category. Ugh sorry to Chynna but I was disinterested in this season and I barely remember the acts I didn’t care for. I know I didn’t care for Chynna or was rather indifferent on her. I wish I could remember my thoughts better on her but it’s just not coming to me. Chynna lasted 3 weeks and made it to the Quarter Finals, yes this season was only 5 weeks long, so it was hard to connect with the contestants. Chynna sang songs such as: “Open Arms,” “Pride in the Name of Love)” and “Mercy.” She landed in the Bottom 3 against Beatz, where she sang “What’s Up?” and was eliminated after that. From a Google search, I see she also competed on The Voice Australia Season 8 in 2019. Oh wow she was also coached by Guy Sebastian there too. How hilarious is that? :dead: She made it to the Top 9 Semi-Finals and was apart of that massive Bloodbath elimination. Hope things went better for her on that show, and I’m inclined to say it did. 

Let’s check out some of her performances from the show….

Waiting on Nico - if he ties it up, Tom decides who to eliminate.

Shayne Ward
James Arthur
Leon Jackson - Zoey, Wallace, Victoria, Sola, Steven, JC
Lloyd Daniels - Elliott, Victoria, JC, Steven
Union J - Elliott
District3 - Zoey, Wallace, Sola, 

Shayne Ward
James Arthur
Leon Jackson - Zoey, Wallace, Victoria, Sola, Steven, JC
Lloyd Daniels - Elliott, Victoria, JC, Steven
Union J - Elliott, Nico
District3 - Zoey, Wallace, Sola, Nico

District3

In my boy band extermination, the latest target is District3! They were in the pretty bad X Factor UK series 9, and were one of the few boy bands that were together before the show and not formed at bootcamp. They sang a mediocre version of Simply the Best in week 1,  and even worse version of I Swear in week 2 and were in the bottom 2 and wrongfully survived over Melanie Masson. I only watched sporadically after that, but I know they did a mashup of Every Breath You Take and "Beautiful Monster in week 4 that was trashed by the judges, and their version of Dynamite the next week was even worse, with it producing this iconic gif by Nicole:

Nicole-Scherzinger-No-Baby-No-Finger-Wag

They were finally eliminated in week 6 after a sing-off with UnionJ. Should've been week 2, but at least they left this rakdown at a more appropriate time. 

Leon Jackson

Leon_Jackson_at_the_premiere_of_The_Gold

So with fodder like Lloyd right there, you guys opted to eliminate Leon Jackson? Insert #pretendstobeshocked gif here. 

Leon Jackson was the winner of the fourth season of X Factor, which aired in 2007. He had a more retro-jazz style which isn't really my favorite genre, but he was still a pretty decent winner and one I wouldn't have eliminated this early, but whatever. I didn't really wwatch the early season, but he had quite the underdog journey, starting off poorly but improving each week, with a couple of notable performances being Crazy Little Thing called Love and You Don't Know Me. He won the season over frontrunner Rhydian in a shocker. I've only heard one of his songs, Creative and it's pretty decent and apparently hes still doing fairly well for himself music-wise. So even though he isn't my favorite genre music wise, he still wouldn't have been my choice to go. 

18 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Lol Tom would ignore District3's best performances in "Beggin/Turn Up the Music" and "Tears in Heaven." :haha: 

I'm not sure if I've seen them and if I have I don't remember them. :dead: